Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-08-16, 07:17

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Yesterday was tough... so Thank You all!

There were several times yesterday where I was just to the point of saying "oh, this won't hurt me, I can just have a cheat afternoon and start again tomorrow". I was THIS CLOSE. One lady at work sells hand-made easter eggs from her church. Foolishly, I ordered two extras for me, for easter. They were delivered yesterday. I had to give them to a coworker for safekeeping until the holiday.
So, instead of eating bad sugary chocolate and coconut, I had some mashed potatoes. Not great, but WAY better than the evil candy spiral I avoided. Because I tell you, TDC readers, I would have stopped on the way home, had I eaten that egg and started down the path, and I would have purchased a bag of Robin's eggs (those candy-shell coated whoppers) and eaten THEM on the way home. And then I would have thought, well, why not finish out the week with another bag of robins eggs, and start fresh Monday....

How many times have I walked that path? Have you walked that path? Darn it! I have been dedicated, and have done well since January 1, 2016. Maybe I'm only 17 down for the year, but that is 17 DOWN. Maybe it was reading all the posts about why starting Low Carb over is so much more difficult. Maybe it was reading everyone else's struggle on here, but I didn't. And I thank everyone on here who has posted. If I try to rationalize the start of a spiral, I will never be the healthy person I need to be. It's not just fat, and muscle, and blood chemistry - it's my HEAD that needs to stay healthy too.

The struggle is real, and it is hard, but darn it - it is WORTH it. I am worth it, and YOU are worth it. Stay strong, Low Carb travelers!

Thanks for reading!
T
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-16, 13:34

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

It's probably safe to say most of here have walked that cheat path, starting again and again.

If sugar is your trigger and mashed potatoes kept you off of it, good on you! To me it's gluten or anything "bread like" - like an amazing gluten free bread I tried a year or so back.

I cannot buy it or bring it into the house. I eat the ENTIRE loaf (not that it's huge, but you know it's not good for a low carb lifestyle).

There will be ebbs and flows to any diet. The key is to keep going. I think you realize that. Good job
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-16, 13:58

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

"I cannot buy it or bring it into the house. I eat the ENTIRE loaf (not that it's huge, but you know it's not good for a low carb lifestyle)."
YES!! I am also SO glad I'm not the only one who can't just have a little - I eat the whole thing!
As an aside - did you try the cloud bread? It's pretty good - just eggs, cream cheese and cream of tartar. I didn't use the recipe with the artificial sweetener.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-16, 10:30

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

Yep, the oopsie rolls and the such - I really can't stand the eggy taste. That said, I'm also dairy free, so can't do the cream cheese right now anyway

I'm working on a grain free, low carb waffle right now - hoping to surprise my honey. I'm experimenting using small batches though so I don't overindulge