Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-15, 18:25

Plan: ketogenic/VLC
Stats: 522/456/399 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default I'm so fatigued!

I am so fatigued! I am in the middle of my 7th week low carb. I keep my daily carbs under 20-25, many days much lower. I don't exactly count carbs perfectly but I stick only to very low carb foods. I have done LC many times before and I have never felt exhaustion like this before. I am just dragging all day. It is all I can do to keep putting one foot in front of the other when I absolutely have to. My home and yard are getting messy because once Im home from work I just want to be sleeping or on the couch. This is not like me at all! Please help! I am eating a good amount of fat and drinking lots of water. I wasn't taking vitamins at first but have been for about a week now but I haven't noticed a difference in energy since starting them. I am so tired my eyes are always red and burning, my muscles are weak, achy and sore and I just feel miserable!

Here is a list of the foods I eat:
bacon
chicken
salami (occasionally)
cheese
cream cheese
sour cream
broccoli
cauliflower
leafy greens
heavy cream
coconut flour (occasionally and only sparingly)
coconut oil
whipped cream
butter
dark low sugar chocolate ( occasionally and sparingly)
eggs
strawberries (occasionally)
stevia
I use a good amount of pink sea salt

These are the vitamins I am taking... my fatigue started before I was taking them...
http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-sy...n-60-capsules-1

I have only lost 2 pounds this month, I did have an issue with ordering coffee with stevia and it ended up having sugar instead but other than that I have been in moderate ketosis most the time, once in a while higher or lower but usually moderate- but always is ketosis.

My bloodsugar is staying between 83 and 89 at all times...

I am just not sure what else I can do... I have been under a lot of stress lately so that may be it. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. I am so tired of being tired!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-15, 19:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Has your thyroid been checked?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-15, 19:43
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Try to get a little more salt, salty broth, etc. Lack of sodium is probably the #1 cause of fatigue on a low carb diet.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-15, 21:08

Plan: <30 Net Carbs
Stats: 270/210/130 Female 5'4"
BF:51/45/ ???
Progress: 43%

I experienced overwhelming fatigue for my first 5-ish weeks with under 20g carbs, and the solution was Nancy's suggestion: salt. I upped sodium to 5g/day, and also increased potassium with NoSalt and added calcium and magnesium supplements. It resolved the fatigue in a day or two, pretty much like magic.

I've since cut back a bit on salt just because I've never been a huge fan of it, but when unexplained exhaustion comes back, I increase it again and it corrects the problem. It's really helped me.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-24-15, 07:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/000/000 Female 5"3'
BF:
Progress: 100%

#6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-15, 13:49

Plan: ketogenic/VLC
Stats: 522/456/399 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 54%

Thank you everyone! I am going to add more salt to my diet. I ended up getting the worst migraine of my life Sunday evening and Im pretty sure that is why the extreme fatigue happened. It was horrible! I am feeling much better now. My energy is still low but better than it was.