Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-09, 04:55

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default Lauric Acid Product For Cfs

Lauric acid is an acid found in coconut oil, which Jon Kabara has put in a product called "Lauricidin". He claims quite convincingly that it helps with CFS.

However, so far, to be honest, I have only found one study that says that lauric acid breaks down the lipid (fatty) coating of various viruses, such as the Epstein-Barr-Virus, in so-called "in vitro" (= in glass) experiments, i.e. in Petri dishes in laboratories. Whether this also happens in the human body is anybody's guess, but, on the other hand, maybe it does, and perhaps it will help CFS sufferers one way or the other (regardless of whether it destroys viruses or not) by giving the immune system a boost through the instant energy burst from the medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs).

My PC is playing up and all I managed to do was to copy the page, but not the link. If you google "Lauricidin", you will get the website no problem.

ABOUT LAURICIDIN® COMPARISONS TESTIMONIALS CONTACT US FAQ RETAIL ORDER
About Lauricidin®
» Lauricidin® Technical Information
» Lauricidin® Dosing InformationMicroorganisms Inactivated
Comparisons
» Lauricidin® vs. Coconut Oil
» Lauricidin® vs. Monolaurin CapsuleTestimonials
» Health Professional Testimonials
» Herpes Testimonials
» Autism Testimonials
» Chronic Fatigue Testimonials
» Toe Nail Fungus Testimonials
» Hep C Testimonials
» Flu & Sinus Testimonials
» Lyme Disease Testimonials
» Ulcerative Colitis Testimonials
FAQPLACE AN ORDER
Professor Jon J. Kabara Discoverer of Monolaurin
Dr. Jon Kabara was a professor at Michigan State University (20 years)
Read more
Author Jon Kabara begins by revealing the surprisingly varied roles played by fats and cholesterol in the body
Read More

Herpes Information
» Herpes FAQ
» Herpes Simplex Virus
» Herpes Transmission
» Herpes Recurrences
» Genital Herpes Symptoms
» Herpes Diet and Nutrition
» Herpes Zoster Shingles
» Herpes and Pregnancy
» Herpes and Oral Sex
» Ocular Herpes
Flu Information
» Natural Flu Treatment
» Natural Flu Prevention
» Flu Shot Vaccinations
» Symptoms of the Flu
Lyme Disease Information
» Lyme Disease FAQ
» Lyme Disease Symptoms
» Lyme Disease Diagnosis
» Lyme Disease Misdiagnosis
» Lyme Disease Prevention
» Lyme Disease Treatment
» Tick-Borne Diseases
» Chronic Lyme Disease
» Coping With Lyme Disease
» Lyme Disease and Pregnancy
» Lyme Disease Prognosis
» Erythema Migrans
Autism Information
» Autims Signs and Symptoms
» Autism Screening and Diagnosis
» Autism Causes
» Autism Treatment
» High Functioning Autism
» Autism Diet
» Autism Characteristics
Immune System Information
» Boost Your Immune System
» Function of the Immune System
» Immune System Diseases
» Stress and the Immune System

Add to Bookmark Send this page to a Friend

Chronic Fatigue Testimonials I am so grateful there is a product out there like Lauricidin® that could help me get healthy in a safe way. Within a month of using Lauricidin® my energy level tripled, and as a result I’m a much happier person.
Jamaica Plain, MA
I have been using Lauricidin® since 10/2001. My experience has been very positive with my fatigue issues. I’ve tried to stop using Lauricidin® several times and my fatigue comes right back. I now continue to use Lauricidin® on a daily bases and it has allowed me to get back to a fairly normal life.
Nottingham, PA
The first 3 days of one scoop twice a day produced immediate increase in energy lasting all day, along with clearer thinking and deeper, longer sleep. I listened to my body in how much and how often I ingest Lauricidin®. The results have been excellent and I am very grateful for this wonderful product.
San Anselmo, CA

top of page
Monolaurin | Technical Data | Dosing Data | Microorganisms Inactivated | Lauricidin® vs Coconut oil | Lauricidin® vs Monolaurin
Mother's Milk | Saw Palmetto | Bitter Melon | Herpes Information | Lyme Disease Information | Herxheimer Reaction | References | Testimonials
Autism Information | Flu Information | Immune system Information | FAQ | Contact Us | Place An Order
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 13:26

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hey Amanda,

Thanks for posting that. I have some coconut oil, I dread adding it to my regime, but it looks like I should do it rather than just keep thinking about it. I am taking Relacore now and that is helping immensely maybe if I add the coconut oil I can get somewhere around normal functioning. I think I will have enough energy today to clean up my back yard.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-16-09, 10:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/154/147 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Lauric Acid

Hi Amanda - Are you actually taking the Lauricidin? I'd be interested to know what it does for whatever condition you may suffer. My daughter (ME/CFS) currently keeps Monolaurin in her bathroom cabinet against the day that Epstein Barr flares up again. It hadn't occurred to us that it might be taken on a daily basis, and to date she hasn't taken any.

The good Dr Atkins used it regularly and recommends it (good enough for me!). See his Vitanutrient Solution book for more.

Supp King.