Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-13, 10:48
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/221/154 Female 174cm
BF:49.2
Progress: 41%

What great motivation in this thread.

At my heaviest I once found myself unable to get out of the bath, I just wasn't strong enough. After about 15 minutes I just had to hook one leg over the side and kind of sliver out which was rather painful. I've also had to get my hubby to help me out when I've been pregnant.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-13, 06:00
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

lunamoona, that so sucked... I hear ya, used to get on all fours then balance myself and use my arms and legs to get up.

Wow you are down 27 pounds so far! Great job
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-13, 18:04
Triple digit loss

BF:

i know I probably mentioned this already. But I have to mention it again.

It is so nice to goto a theatre and fit in the seats. But the bonus is to have room to spare now...

I went to a local concert and had plenty of room.

This weekend, I will be going out to a concert and I am sure I will have plenty room.

i went into a bathroom stall where my perception is normally like oh crap not enough room.

But there was plenty of room...

Just really nice to get back to what I was...
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-13, 20:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Room in seats is a huge thing! woohoo!
I remember the first time I fit into what had to be the worlds tiniest stall and didn't hit any walls or have to maneuver weird to open the door. I was happy dancing, for sure. lol

Today, I'm loving Size 10short suit pants! Have to love vanity sizing. lol (my 8 or 9 year old jeans are a size 12 and one pair is snug)
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-13, 11:52

Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

I'm actually enjoying telling people I'm on a HFLC/atkins diet!! I love it when they say, "but you're slim, you dont need to diet", "Thats cos it works" I say!!!!!

Jo xxx
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-13, 14:47

Stats: 238.0/238.0/170 Female 5"3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Last January when we flew to Mexico for our usual few months, I was embarrassed at how big I felt in the seat. Luckily I was sitting on the aisle and beside a slim young woman, so it wasn't too bad. I can already tell this coming January's flight will be better!
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-13, 18:13

Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

A self serving statement but true anyway. Yes I'm bragging here..... Women flirt with me now. I've gotten one phone number left on my windshield. People want me to like them. I'm learning a new skill. Letting women know I like them but I don't like like them.

I like going into a clothing store and getting the same kinds of pants for 1/2 to 1/3 the price. The first time I tried to buy normal clothes and the first pair didn't fit it was too much and I had to leave the store.

PS - I work in an industrial lab and don't like to wear my wedding ring (none of us do, even the ladies) but I've thought about putting it on. Then I think no, I'll lose it again because it's too loose.
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-13, 16:54
Triple digit loss

BF:

Who Hoo LivinRight. Size 10 pant suit I am so jealous of you. I never been a size 10 even when I was 163 pounds in high school...

You are doing so so good!

you should post a pic in that pant suit!
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-13, 17:01
Triple digit loss

BF:

Haha Jo, no doubt right. I had a waitress at our normal restaraunt say I was looking really good and she knew abotu my eating.

And she was so supportive waiting on us. She was like no croutons right? you want the crouton in the french onion soup?

And then instead of judgement of it is bad eating, she was like I so could not do what you are doing. I looked at her and said you don't need to. She said when I was pregnant with my 2nd son I got gestational diabetes. And I gained a huge amount of weight. She is drop dead gorgeous with a body to boot BTW. And the doctors screamed at me because I was eating stuff I shouldn't and they worried the gestational would become permanent diabetes.

She said "so I know what you are going through and there is no way I had the determination and ability to do what are you are doing."

That made me feel real good, that someone recognizes the strength of character and the resolve a person to do low carb in today's society.
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-13, 17:03
Triple digit loss

BF:

Oh Caroxx,

i so know what you mean. Two years ago when I flew home to Ohio, I booked 2 seats because I didn't want be an annoyance or rude to the people next to me.

This year I am going home for my parent 60th anniversary. And I only booked 1 seat. Yeah! BTW I am hoping I will have lost another 20 pounds in the next 2 months or so.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-13, 17:08
Triple digit loss

BF:

hahaha Inflammabl, so you are lighting them on fire uh?

Brag all you want... You deserve to feel good about the lost and the being noticed has a hot attractive male to other women!

When I started dressing nicer to work recently with new bras and showing off my legs. I had men doing a once on me, they look at my legs then my boobs and then my head.

And I was just slightenly strutting my stuff... Feeling puffed up in side.. It thrilled me!

Oh and the ring, so totally know what you mean. I told my hubby I wasn't wearing mine. Then I looked at my chart, my body shifting and not loosing a steady 3 pounds anymore.

So I decided to get it adjusted realizing it be another 9 months or so before I got all the weight off.

It only cost $35 to adjust down BTW.
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-13, 17:15
Triple digit loss

BF:
Default Happy Happy Dance

Okay, another thing I absolutely love. Feeling lighter.

After I worked out I took my dogs for a walk for the first time since I started in march. The whole vertigo and pain/numbness in my feet was preventing me from doing this.

But tonight was a perfect temp and I said screw it.

Went for abut 1-1.5 walk with the poochies. And we had to run across the street.

OMG I was light as air, my legs didn't feel like a sledge hammer hitting the pavement. Instead I easily ran across the road.

It was so enjoyable, I was giddy with happiness. Telling my hubsand all about it.

And I was able to walk the route with no back pain, I walked up hill without getting out of breath.

I could have easily could have walked more even after a 30 minute bike/stomach circuit work out.

<<<<<<happy Dance>>>>>>>

#88   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-13, 17:17
Triple digit loss

BF:

Okay I discovered another thing yesterday working out.

I am doing a new stomach exercise that requires me to be on my knees.

And afterwards. I was like holy cow! My knees didn't hurt from kneeling on the floor. I could actually do that know!

It is the little things that you forget and get use to not doing that make me really appreciate how much the weight loss has effective my ability to live life again
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-13, 17:56
Registered Member

Stats: 306/294/185 Female 5"6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Lovinita, congrats on your triple digit loss.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-13, 18:13

Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

I tell you one thing I don't like. Loose skin. I was on my hands and knees working on a sink or something and I felt my belly touching my shirt. I thought "that shouldn't be happening" and felt my belly. The loose skin was hanging down so far!

In any event, at first flirting was surprising and I liked that kind of attention but it just feeds my vanity.

PS - What is it with chicks and temperature? A guy says he's on fire and you offer him a drink. A girl says she's on fire and you offer her something else.