Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 09:14

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default I've decided to be realistic

Hi all,

Well after reading and struggling with this decision, I've decided to be a little more realistic about my weight goal. I had put it down to 120 but it was discouraging me when I saw that I was so far away.

So I've decided to put it to 150, and when I get there, I will reset it lower if I feel the need. I think I'd rather do mini goals and achieve and attein another one. Will make me feel like my hard work is worth it if I at least get somewhere with it.

My 2 cents and big decision of the day.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 05:41

Plan: PP
Stats: 270/220.4/220
BF:
Progress: 99%

Hi Gracia_30

I just wanted to say that I totally agree with you about the goal setting. I set my first goal at 50 pounds loss, way way too much. But I too decided this week that when I get to my first goal of 220 I'm going to set mini goals of probably 20 llbs, that way I can give myself rewards more often

Good luck with your LC plan, and don't get too discouraged, just try to take one day at a time OK. I've struggled myself this week with the thoughts of "Oh no I still have to lose 88 llbs" but I've tried to turn around my thought's with "hey I have lost so much already, and I really have got all the time in the world for the rest"
I've come to realise that although I would like all my extra weight gone RIGHT NOW, it didn't really go on that way and it sure isn't going to come off overnight

All the best LCarbing
bye for now
Kaye
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 07:13

BF:
Default Hi!

Thanks for your support!

This weekend was a bad one My husband will be out of town till May 15th. He sometimes comes home for a weekend and this weekend was the first since January. He took me out on Friday for dinner (I totally blew my diet) and yesterday he surprised me with McDonalds for lunch and we took my parents out for dinner for my mom's birthday, WITH CAKE! (AGAIN blew my diet). He leaves today, and I'm sure we'll cheat a bit more today. So I guess I had a cheat weekend...

I will get back on the wagon tomorrow and will tell him next time he comes home that I can't do this. I had gone down 11lbs last week and I think I gained 3-4 lbs!!! SO no more!

OK I feel better now that I ranted and raved.

I agree that mini goals seem easier to achieve. Not everyone deals with this whole change of life and WOE the same.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 22:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 7 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi there! I blew my Atkins' Diet too with Valentine's Dinner and then being out of town and having to eat out. Twice I had to ask for subsitutions for potatoes. I ate breakfast each of the times, but eating chocolate did for me! I don't see it on the scales as much as I thought I would, but my body feels awful. I feel much better on my low-carb diet!!! Also, I have started on Metformin. So, we'll see how that goes for me...

Do't give up. I know I get discouraged too, but I work hard not to dwell on it. The very fact that we know we need to compensate for what we gained in punds or inches and lossed in will -power is a huge advantage for us! Just get back in there and play the game again!!! Don't give up! I'll be here for you and you be here for me... K? We can do this together. We will sometimes cheat... but our bodies won't let us go for long before we long for the low-carbs again. We can do this together. Eat eggs and tuna tomorrow or celery and peanut butter or pork with seasonings. You can do it! Monday's a fresh start!

Thinking of you all,
Christy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 04:41

BF:
Default Thanks!

Looks like we just became LC Buddies

After my post yesterday (which was early in the morning) I went upstairs and weighed myself. I gained only 2 lbs. I don't like it, but I say after not seeing my husband for almost a month... it was worth it

Back on the wagon today. Having my cup of coffee w/nutra sweet and will be having 2 eggs for breakfast.

OH by the way, I have found some REALLY low carb bread you can buy at the grocery store... it's called Betty Light and it's only 6.8 g effective carbs after deducting the fibre!!!!!!!!! I was thrilled! I will be trying it and hoping it doesn't trigger cravings.

I'm having a procedure done on thursday My mom did it and apparently it's painful. I'm not sure what it's called but the doctor will be putting dye in my uterus to see if my ovaries are blocked. Even she said it's painful so take my period meds. I'm a little aprehensive about it (can you tell?)

Well LCB (LC Buddy) will chat you soon.