Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-17, 13:49
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 410/320/260 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Can you get away with more carbs if 1 meal IF?

Hey guys.

I just hit my one year.

I lost 60 lbs the first 6 months.
Lost 30 lbs the next 6 months.

I put part of that of the fat I traveled about 15 days which I didn't abide my diet so between that and let's say 45 days losing that gained weight, the last 6 months was short 45 days. That said, still a slow down.

Trying to continue the pace up, I've been doing a lot more intermittent fasting as my losses have gotten smaller. I'd say in a 10 day period, I'll do something like this.

4 days with one meal a day (15-20 carbs)
4 days with two meals a day (20-25 carbs total) with those meals 6 hours apart
2 days with two meals a day (20-30 carb total) with those meals being 12 hours apart.

What I wanted to ask is let's say I could do 5-8 days out of 10 where I had had one meal a day, but it was more in the 30-40 carb range.......... with the other days being some mix of what is described above (let's say one of each).

Would that work better (having some days high on carbs but packed into one meal?).

I think I could really stick to that but am just wondering if doing so what improve my loss or slow it down compared to what I already do. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links