Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 12:09

Plan: The New High Protein Diet
Stats: 305/305/165
BF:48/48/20
Progress: 0%
Smile Newbie from France

Hello everybody,

First of all, let me introduce myself. I am a 34 years old French single man living in North of France ( Quite far from all of you ! ).

I am new to this board and new to the carbohydrate addict's diet. I have just finished reading the Heller's books and I am ready to start tomorrow.

Any support / advice will be welcomed as I won't get any here in France ( Low carb is not popular here and everybody is still on low fat diets ).

I do hope this diet will be my last as I am tired of all this excess weight.

Thank you for reading me.

Patrick
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 22:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Hello Patrick...

Welcome to the board...I am sure you will find all kinds of support here. I thought your english was very good...and because we are a Canadian board, ( although we have people from all over the world on here,) I am sure if there is something you are not sure about in English...Our bi-lingual people can help you out...I am not one of them unfortunately...I can say a few words of French...but the only one I know how to spell is "OIU" If I even spelled that right..lol

Glad you found us...good luck to you.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 22:54

Plan: Personal
Stats: 225/212/205 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

I didn't know this was a Canadian board... cool!!

Bonjour Greenstar!! Bien venue!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 12:34

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up From Across the Channel

Hi Patrick

Welcome to this forum from a UK resident. A bit nearer than North America.

You will find that there are many people on this forum who are doing the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet, or CAD, for short. My own way of life is based on Atkins. There are so many low carb diets that you can follow.

I joined this forum in February and have found it a great motivator to keep me on track. The forum is full of lots of useful information and advice and the members are really friendly and supportive. You will see that there is a forum for CAD/CALP in the Daily Low Carb Support section.

You might want to think of starting a journal. This is a great way to keep track of your progress, serves as information on what you are eating and drinking if you need to ask questions and also is a great place for others to drop in an say hello.

Look forward to seeing more of you on this forum. Every success for the future.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 19:46

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%

Bienvenue, Patrick!

I love FRANCE! But I can understand that the Low-Carb way of eating would not be popular there, from what I recall of my month stay.

I think that the wonders of the Internet help people from all over the world to stay in touch and that you can find out a lot from the people here.

A bientot, et bonne chance!

Nathalie
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 05:07

Smile Thank you !

Thank you Lilwannabe, Joe Joe, little ann and Natalie.

Day 2 and believe it or not ( not sure I can believe it myself ! )
3 lbs are already gone !!! I know it is not gonna last but it is a pretty good start.

Lilwannabe, it is better if your spell it this way '' OUI '' thanks for the welcome.

Merci de l'acceuil Joe Joe. Je ne savais pas pour le canadian board.

Little Ann, I often go to the UK ( Folkestone, Dover & London ) and you are right, we are '' nearly '' neighbors " ! I like the idea of a journal ( although I don't really know how it works here, I have to check ).

Nathalie, Glad you enjoyed your trip to France. You were probably surprised by the difficulty to find Low carb foods ( + all the sugar free products are all sweetened with aspartam, no splenda or stevia here ! ).

Thanks again

Patrick
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 12:29

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%

Bonjour, Etoile Verte,

Je suis un bete; je pense que je peux ecrire en francais mais j'etudiais longtemps longtemps.

I had une idee: peut-etre you might want to read about Dr. Montignac. Je crois qu'il est francais.

Nathalie who is trying very very hard to remember her French from lycée americaine.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 16:17

Smile Montignac

Bravo nathalie ! not bad at all !!!

I read Montignac books ( for info he is not a doctor but yes he is french ) and his diet is similar to sugar busters ( actually I think his book was released before SB ).

I never followed his program so I cannot tell you if it is ok or not
( although it may be wrong for me and right for someone else ! )

In France, Montignac ( like Atkins ) are said to be dangerous diets.
Atkins diet books are not even published anymore ... The copy I own is from 1995 ) It's a pity because I think it could help lots of people.

Voila !

Patrick
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 08:06

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Cool Hi, Patrick.

Welcome! You will find lots of support here. Everyone is great! Best of luck to you.

I can relate to the difficulty of finding low carb specialty foods, as I am in Sweden and no one here has a clue as to low carb eating. I am from America and I get frustrated from time to time because of the lack of low carb products.

Happy losing to you .....
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 11:20

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default bonjour

bonjour Patrick!
Where I live Icannot find many low carb products,mais je fais des recettes a mon gout.
After all this is for life and you cannot live with eating manufactured products for ever,so je fais la cuisine avec des ingredients frais,du homard,des crevettes devienne mes bonbons.Bonne chance a toi!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 14:45

Smile to Stardust and Penelope

Thank you for the welcome Stardust and Penelope !

Stardust, It is funny to think that low carb can be so popular in the USA and absolutely unknown in many other countries ! even simple things like sugar free syrups cannot be found here !
( fortunately being close to the uk, I can order a few things at a reasonable cost ).

Penelope, so you use crevettes as bonbons !!! Why not !!!
c'est une bonne idee ... je vais y penser !
Maybe it is a bit weird if you want to bring some in your pockets !!!

Patrick