Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 09:01

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Unhappy I need support too !!!!!!!

Hi All

Well I've finally managed to bring myself back to the fold, but not before I've put on 12lb.

So I would definately like to RECOMMIT for 2003 and I think this is a fabulous thread.

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 16:49
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 154/154/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hawaii trip

Hi everyone,

I'm going to Hawaii in March and I'd love for my clothes to be a little looser by then. I'm not doing very well with so much "junk" food in the house. My resistance goes way down when I start eating so much sugar. Insulin is really out of control right now.

I need to get the junk out of the house but my family has a fit if I throw it away. I know I can have it at RM but sugar makes me leathrgic and tired and I've been trying to do my RM in the early afternoon, so I'm feeling sluggish and tired all the rest of the day eating sugary foods at RM. I know I have to get this sugar addiction under control by eating complex carbs but right now it's sooooooooooo hard. Let's all be here for each other this new year.

Happy and blessed new year to each of you and your dear families.

Grandma (in May 2003), Mary
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 18:38
Registered Member

Plan: CALP/CAD
Stats: 215/212.5/140
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Incentive to get back on track?

Hi everyone,
I went grocery shopping today and stocked up on CALP foods. I'm going to make chicken soup tomorrow and freeze it in single serving containers. I like this for a fast easy cm meal. I've rid the house of almost all of the Christmas goodies. I'm reading Healthy for life and re-reading CAD to remind myself of the basics. I'm going to be as ready as I can be come January 1st.

Grandma Mary, Hawaii in March sounds wonderful! I traveled to Hawaii about 7 years ago for vacation and loved it..so beautiful. Now thats what I call incentive to lose the extra weight.

Speaking of incentive, I'm interested in what everyone's incentive is to get back on track and lose the excess weight? Mine is to feel better physically and to look better in my clothes. I'd also like to gain enough excess energy to be able to start a successful part-time business in my spare time.
What's yours?
Darlene

Last edited by Dar Babe : Fri, Dec-27-02 at 18:40.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 20:06

Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

What kind of chicken soup? Homemade, or canned? I do not know of too many canned out there that do not add sugar! Makes me upset, but what can I do? My families chicken soup always have potatoes and carrots in there... so it looks like a BIG pot of low-carb kind should be planned.

Anyways!

Me and my hubby are planning on getting preggers and having our first child before the years end, so 2003 will be a BIG year for me!

I already talked to my doc about this way of eating while pregnant, and we both agree that is near perfect because I can still eat enough and be healthy and also the RMs are perfect for those CRAVINGS that inevitably come.

So onwards to 2003!!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 08:16
Registered Member

Stats: 184.5/182.3/150
BF:39/39/25
Progress: 6%
Default I'm in!

I've been off plan for about a week and a half. I'm definitely in! Getting back on track 1/1, and exercising too!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 08:26

Stats: 191/175/135
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Re: Incentive to get back on track?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dar Babe
Speaking of incentive, I'm interested in what everyone's incentive is to get back on track and lose the excess weight? What's yours?Darlene

Darlene - My incentive is to be healthy and finally feel good about myself. I want to be the person I was before. My self confidence totally went out the door when I became heavy but I can still remember how it felt before I was like this. So, here's to all of us who are ready to recommitt and get ourselves on track again!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 11:34
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/Atkins
Stats: 147/138/105 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Starting New Years Resolution Early

I am commited to exercising every night. I know I can do it. I am also recommiting to CAD. After going off CAD for several days, I feel terrible. Back on CAD today and feeling better.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 11:47
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I want to commit to exercising everyday as well.

Good luck everyone!
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 13:36
Registered Member

Stats: 189/184/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

Recommitt me also. I'll be on the plan 2-3 days and fall off. I'm in full force today. Doing good so far and feeling good so far. Good luck!
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 14:49

Plan: Atkins to CALP to general LC + BFL
Stats: 188/174/150
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hi Everyone!

I'm recommitting, too! I feel bloated and sluggish following the Holidays and am looking forward to getting back on track. The enthusiasm in this thread is contagious!
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 15:38

Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%

Hello All, I'm recommitting to CAD starting Jan. 6 when I am back at school. I started Feb 26 last year at 249.5 and got down to 200 and I gained some of it back(not sure exactly how much, I'm a little afraid to step on the scale).

Anyway I am recommitting since it worked so well for me before! I'm looking forward to the joy of seeing the scale reading go DOWN again.

My major motivation is that my best friend has been living in England since September and comes back mid-June and I want to look AMAZING when she comes back!
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 17:57

Plan: herbalife
Stats: 157/130/130 Female 61inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up I'M in also

Hi Lowco :

I'm in also, Yesterday was my first day on CAD and I survived

the scale even showed 1 lb lighter this morning, so I am

definitely positive about this plan, and looking forward for

the support this forum gives.

alicia
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 18:09

Plan: herbalife
Stats: 157/130/130 Female 61inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up I'M in also

Hi Lowco :

I'm in also, Yesterday was my first day on CAD and I survived

the scale even showed 1 lb lighter this morning, so I am

definitely positive about this plan, and looking forward for

the support this forum gives.

alicia
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 05:49

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default hi everyone

alicia 50: you are going to love this plan. There are no special foods, and every food is allowed. The trick is knowing what to eat at the right time. Pay attention to the CM's. If there is anything wrong with them, you'll feel hungry and you'll have cravings. I have been visiting an atkins board and they have nothing nice to say about CAD/CALP. some of the members say that they had cravings and ate allot of junk, and they obessed about the RM. They fail to realize that they were doing it wrong, and why not obsess about your RM. Make it healthy and delicious. When you've been on the atkins diet for a long time and switch to cad, you will find the overeating of foods that were not allowed because the food were deprived. And weight gain will follow, water weight, cause the body has to adjust to new carb levels. It's a form of balance. They overeat gain, weight and then claim that CAD dosn't work .

ivory: welcome back......have you gone shopping for CM friendly foods?

have a nice cad day
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 09:29

Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%

I'm going to do that today, I'm heading back to my apartment where I go to university on Saturday, so I'll be starting up next Monday(Jan. 6). So I'm going shopping today with my parents for groceries.

I can't say I'm really looking forward to being back to an LC WOL but I know it works for me, so here goes!