Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2476   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-12, 12:36

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Thank you but I've really slowed and for me, that can be dangerous to "linger". I do post food logs almost daily without fail in my journal but am not always 100% cm compliant in that I do at times use some deli turkey breast in my morning eggs (or on occasion, black forest ham), do eat zucchini and eggplant as cm veggies (they are not on the calp cm veggie list, believe they are on the cad list).

I seem to do best when 1) I get at least 6 glasses of water in 2) I eat twice a day no snacks, 3) I'm most active - walking seems to be my best exercise..bum knee and all. 4) cooking at home - restaurants with their higher sodium (for me) can be an issue - usually just a temp. uptick, but I don't really want upticks. That said, we love to eat out and I think I handle it pretty well (I actually lost weight during an over 2 week cross-country holiday which involved eating out a lot and truly enjoying some goodies.)

Two of the biggest changes for me since I've switched to this woe is 1) I no longer have to have "sweet" iced coffees (can now have plain coffee with cream only) and having to put honey in my teas (now drinking those plain as well 2) I no longer am salting ANY of my food. And I have always been a salter. I went completely cold turkey off of salting and after the first week I am ok with it. I even spent about $65 getting a 25lb bag of Utah Real Salt from the Olympia Food Co-op- that's how much I love my salt! LOL I still salt while cooking but go much less than previous and then I do not re-salt at the table. I guess a third thing is also that I do not snack, nor do I have to taste food while prepping it. That goes against the gourmet chef in me but so far it hasn't resulted in any disaterous meals hitting the table. Gordon Ramsey would not approve but oh well... lol

ps I'll have to figure out the "journal" thing that I keep hearing about. I've done the My PLAN thing but don't see the journal stuff so not sure how to get that one started. I'll have to play with this forum some more. BTW, I have started a website about my weight loss but need to build up a bit more content before I share that one... stay tuned!

Holding at 225 and most pleased!!!

MIW
Sponsored Links
  #2477   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-12, 16:56
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

it's a WOL- and slow still wins.

Having a really nice RM tonight- because we arae going out after dinner to a lecture complete with desert reception. Sigh. SO I will not be having anything.....then.

RM (cooking)- salad, cornish game hens with raspberry chipotle sauce, mashed cauliflower, rice for DH- I have not yet decided on carb for me, water.

It has gotten cold again- but I'll walk early tomorrow am.

Later-
E
  #2478   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-12, 11:31

BF:

Good morning ladies! Down another pound finally after a week of staying 225. Today 224 and couldn't be happier

This diet does work. Stay on plan and don't give up. With every meal think, "Wow, I am eating like a king and losing weight! Lots of healthy nutritious protein and nutrient rich veggies."

For dinner the last few nights they have been pretty carb heavy with spaghetti and double meat sauce, chocolate cake with icing and also a bit of ice cream to go with it. Oh ya, also garlic bread and NO SALAD either since I usually have a big one with lunch.

Happy Dance Happy Dance eating great and feeling great and looking great! Ya ya, LOL

MIW
  #2479   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-12, 12:31
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
the carb I had on Thursday was shredded wheat and dried cranberries with h&h.
Last night I had a strange RM as we were at a potluck- but I did fine.
Tonight we are going to a friends for dinner- I had a nice CM of coleslaw and half a cornish game hen, so I will be ok waiting for a late dinner.

Sunday is Vietnamese, Monday is a potluck (I am making meatballs! So there will be a protein I will eat). Tuesdy I have a dessert party do I'll eat a CM right before and have some kind of dessert there.
Crazy to have this all planned out so far in advance but it works for me.

Have a great weekend-
E
  #2480   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-12, 12:51

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Hi guys,

I am dropping weight again by following the guidelines of CALP, and watching my calories. I still love this way of eating and it has always been easy for me. I have been maintaining my weight, still needing to lose another ten to twenty pounds, for the last year. I can't believe I am this close to my ideal weight after being large my whole adult life and I am grateful that I found this program.

I wish you all happiness in your lives!

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
  #2481   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-12, 14:16

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppinn
Hi guys,

I am dropping weight again by following the guidelines of CALP, and watching my calories. I still love this way of eating and it has always been easy for me. I have been maintaining my weight, still needing to lose another ten to twenty pounds, for the last year. I can't believe I am this close to my ideal weight after being large my whole adult life and I am grateful that I found this program.

I wish you all happiness in your lives!

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Teri I am so glad you posted! I found your posts on the 2011 CAD hangout thread you started and also stumbled over to here as well. I love your website and read it frequently. You are my inspiration as you have the same starting wt and goal that I do 235/140 LOL! Keep on posting as to me you are the Goddess of this WOE/WOL and if anyone can answer a question or motivate someone it is you! If anyone wonders if CAD/CALP really works or not she is living proof!!!

MIW
  #2482   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-12, 14:24

BF:

You know speaking along those lines, has anyone ever read a post or know of a website from any of the origianl 1000 people enrolled in the Hellers' CAD center? I've read the books and all the success stories and testimonials but am wondering if any of them post or are online that anyone is aware of?

MIW
  #2483   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-12, 21:17

BF:

I am so happy with how I have been doing this last month+. A weird thing I have noticed is that since following CAD I have also lost the urge to chew my nails which is a life long bad habit of mine. The only other time this happened was when I was juicing 100% of the time. I think the carbs were making me crazy and having to always have something in my mouth, LOL. I used to be a 2 ppd smoker so I know how hard it was to quit and feel I can do anything if I could quit all those years ago but chewing my nails is something that is so mindless. I am really thinking about rewarding myself with a manicure since I actually have nails now to do something with! LOL

MIW
  #2484   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-12, 20:58

BF:

Made a Fab-o meatloaf for dinner tonight. Very low carb so I can eat the leftovers at CM's

2 lbs(?) of ground beef (looked about 6C worth)
4 eggs
1/2 small onion diced up
1 C shredded mozarella cheese
1/3 C Heinz Ketchup (about 5 carbs per 2 TBSP)
1/2 tsp Utah Real Salt
1 TBSP dried oregano
1 TBSP dried seasonings (Similar to Mrs. Dash)

Mixed all together in a big bowl. Placed into a bread pan and baked at 350 for about 50 minutes. I drained the fat out twice during baking. Tastes just as good as any meatloaf I've made over the years using way more ketchup and with bread crumbs, rice, or oatmeal. Don't miss all the carbs one bit. Enjoy!

MIW
  #2485   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-12, 12:50

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitwork
Good morning ladies! Down another pound finally after a week of staying 225. Today 224 and couldn't be happier

This diet does work. Stay on plan and don't give up.

MIW

Makeitwork,
You are very inspiring and have a great attitude! I've enjoyed reading your posts and it's also nice that we are around the same weight so I can live vicariously through you now until I get some numbers to show for myself.
Congrats, you are doing great!
  #2486   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-12, 15:27
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

I made 10 lbs of meatballs yesterday- and I used 3 eggs for all of it! I find that putting garlic and pepper and other seasonings in the meat helps it taste beter. I also like to put chopped green peppers in the meatloaf.

SO my Rm was meatballs last night- and a glass of wine, large salad and a small slice of pumpkin cake.
Tonight it will be salad, broccoli, meatballs, water and a small dessert (going to a dessert party).
I have lots of leftover meatballs (had 30 for dinner yesterday) and am planning on them for RM tomorrow and thursday too!
  #2487   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-12, 19:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders
Makeitwork,
You are very inspiring and have a great attitude! I've enjoyed reading your posts and it's also nice that we are around the same weight so I can live vicariously through you now until I get some numbers to show for myself.
Congrats, you are doing great!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the words of encouragement and hope that I convey this on all the forums I am on. So many are barely active and I hope that other folks or possible lurkers (like I was) get something out of my posts I would love for all the CAD/CALP meeting places to be as busy as Facebook (I gave up FB over a year ago... long story)

I am now on Day 40 (or 41?) and am totally loving not even feeling like I am on a diet. I am now loving being at 224 every day on the scale and am rocking this weight! LOL

I am in total control of my eating. I get to choose when and WHAT I want to eat Even Hubby is totally on board with it now. Tonight I confess as I am tying this I have a slight buzz from enjoying a glass of our own homemade wine. Hubby grilled some lobster tails (an endulgence for us for sure...) and we had for our RM a HUGE salad complete with mixed greens, onions, shredded mozarella, heaps of dressing, a small baked potato with real butter, the lobster tail which were each 9oz (on sale from Costco and I highly recommend), plus I had a almond joy bar and Hubby had a small bowl of Extreme Moose Tracks ice cream!!!

What kind of "diet" is this where we can indulge like this once or even twice a week, make the other days still awesome yet somewhat scaled back dinners and still lose weight consistently? This "diet" is so much more about how you use your metabolism to it's highest potential and not as much about the actual food itself (at least the amounts). If you look at the CAD/CALP woe as to how to manipulate your body's metabolism in your favor and just about food timing and combinations it toally works and is extrememly enjoyable to follow.

Today I had 2 eggs, 3 pc bacon and coffee with cinnamon and cream for BF, no lunch or snack since I wasn't hungry AT ALL , and the RM as described above. I LOVE CAD!!!

MIW
  #2488   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-12, 10:09

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 195/135/144 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 118%

Bacon jerky!
I found bacon jerky at a local Walgreen's store (from the house brand Nice). 0 carbs and not tough at all. I don't like jerky but I did like this. I even used it in a few recipes and it turned out great. Just thought I'd let you all know. Sorry if this is a repeat post.
  #2489   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-12, 11:36

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
I made 10 lbs of meatballs yesterday- and I used 3 eggs for all of it! I find that putting garlic and pepper and other seasonings in the meat helps it taste beter. I also like to put chopped green peppers in the meatloaf.

SO my Rm was meatballs last night- and a glass of wine, large salad and a small slice of pumpkin cake.
Tonight it will be salad, broccoli, meatballs, water and a small dessert (going to a dessert party).
I have lots of leftover meatballs (had 30 for dinner yesterday) and am planning on them for RM tomorrow and thursday too!

I love meatballs - yum! Just wish I could come up with a succesful recipe for filler-free meatballs, so I could have them for cm's. I have a sausage ball I make that it, but not yet a beef meatball.
  #2490   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-12, 11:40

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDRWRTR
Bacon jerky!
I found bacon jerky at a local Walgreen's store (from the house brand Nice). 0 carbs and not tough at all. I don't like jerky but I did like this. I even used it in a few recipes and it turned out great. Just thought I'd let you all know. Sorry if this is a repeat post.

Can you post or give me a link to the ingredients list (if you can give me the brand name I can google for the nutritional data/ingredients list).

TY (I adore bacon! lol)
Closed Thread