Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 05:08

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Sunday Challenge - WEEK 4

New thread...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 10:54

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Week 4

Week 4 already? COOL.

I just wanted to thank you all for your encouragement and kind words. It truly helps me to be able to come in here and get a little inspiration every day.

So...... ya'll have a wonderful day and I will check in again soon.

Libby
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 15:00

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default LC all the way

I've been at 156 for almost 2 weeks now. I know that's not a long time, but I'm anxious to see some results. I thought I could just do LC period. No HC additions at the reward meal. Only additions like LC cheesecake or LC sweets when sweet tooth hits. Otherwise, just veggies and protein.

Has anyone tried LC bread? How is it (taste, texture)?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 20:38

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default HI EVERYONE

WELL I AM DOING OK ON THIS NEW DIET. TODAY I ATE NORMALLY, LIKE I USED TO EAT.
B-PROTEIN BAR, COFFEE
L-TURKEY,LET. TOM. ON 40 CALORIE BREAD
YOGURT
APPLE

D-CHICKEN,SALAD
SF JELLO

I AM ANXIOUS TO SEE RESULTS ON SOMETHING. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS TAKEN ME SO LONG TO LOSE REALLY NOTHING.
I THINK I CAN LIVE ON THIS WAY BETTER THAN THE LC WAY. I HOPE IT WORKS FOR ME. AND MY CONSTIPATION PROBLEM IS IMPROVING ALREADY.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 21:35

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Check in

131, midst of tom (sorry arnie) weight will fluctuate, so will attitude.

Eades chat today on webmd was good. "lose weight slower on low calorie high protein than low calorie high carb diet." Keep the calorie count up. Don't go crazy, but eat enough protein, and vegies and some fruits.

Protein 98
Carbs 12

I've added more vegetables to my diet and am not going to worry about calories.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 04:28

BF:
Default check in

oh yesterday... all my troubles seemed so far away....

It was sunny, I was in a wonderful mood, felt like my old self again.... and I ate like it too!!!!!!

Although it hasn't gotten me down, yet, I have cheated like the dickens yesterday. And my cravings were so strong, I couldn't resist. Can't wait for DH to come home so I can go grocery shopping. Food is getting low, and I don't know what to bring for lunch. I go out to buy it and when I get there.... I don't take what I'm supposed to.

So here goes:

BR: regular coffee
L: Club sandwich w/poutine
D: chicken & fries. Some water.

Yesterday I was busy at work. So in turn I completely didn't think to drink my water AND take my met. I will feel it today!!!

Wish me luck on a better day. I feel like such a yo yo.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 08:36

BF:
Default Josee

Better luck today! You can do it!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 10:23

BF:
Default same weight today

Funny how we loose weight. Really it is. Today I am 162.5, just the same as the last two days. I do this a lot, sit a a weight for three or four days and then ... BOOM..... drop a pound two days in a row.

Do ya'll do this too?

I sure am looking forward to reaching 160. That would give me a 30 lb loss since I restarted CALP on January 22nd..... geeze... it's hard to believe that I have done this all in two months. WOW. mind you... I lost about half of that in the first two weeks.

I guess I could share an average food day out of my journal. So here goes:

9:45 2 fried eggs (in high quality, cold pressed olive oil), sm cottage cheese, chunk of cheese

11:45 sm salad --spinach, onion, parsley, cilantro, tomato, green pepper, two kinds of cheese grated/crumbled,"thin" dressing (from the CALP book), hamburger on top(taco leftover from night before) AND... 3 great big fat green bell pepper slices

5:30 med salad--iceburg lettuce, green pepper, tomato, cucumber, cilantro, celery, spinach, parsley, thin dressing, sm crumbly cheese
Sloppy Joe- 1/4 of a huge hamburger bun w/ sloppy joe/hamburger on top
6 asparagus stalks w/ butter......and I couldn't eat all of my dinner.

okay... I just wrote a novel.

Keep your salads interesting and fun..... don't be afraid to try new things in it!!
Libby
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 17:48

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Libby

Here I was just complaining about not moving from 156, then BAM the scale reads 154 today. I'm not getting excited just yet. I want to see if they stay gone.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 18:28

BF:

HI. I'M DOING GOOD ON THIS NEW DIET. A LITTLE BIT OF A PAIN TRACKING THE CALORIES, BUT NOT TOO BAD. MOST OF MY CALORIES ARE COMING FROM PROTEIN AND VEGGIES.

B-BAR, COFFEE W/MILK
L-ORANGE
D-SALMON,PEPPERS,SALAD

BEEN DRINKING ALL THE WATER. I THINK THAT HELPS. WEIGHED THIS MORNIG AND I WAS DOWN 1 1/2. NOT POSTING THAT YET THOUGH. I'LL WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY.

ARNIE- GOOD GOING!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 20:22

BF:
Default congrats!

whine............whine........Arnie..... I wana be 154!!! Aw.... it will happen. CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU GO!!

Chris. YOU TOO BABE!!

Alrighty..... I just wanted to slap ya'll on the back and let you know I am supporting ya all the way!!

later,
Libby
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 23:16

BF:
Default Shut my mouth!

I messed up today and ate almonds to keep my mouth shut! Any of you ever put food in your mouth to keep your foot out? Used to smoke to keep my words hidden, stay quiet.

I've always envied the well spoken person who could relay their thoughts in a systematic manner. I can't do that. I can write something and you might feel like I hit you right in the gut. Well, I may not mean to do that, I'm just trying to explain how I feel. I did that on another forum today. I don't know if anyone got what I was trying to say, but they sure felt it.

I think I'd like to crawl under a rug about now. So, I ate a bunch of almonds. Should have just chewed nails and spit tacks. Is this an eating disorder? Think I may have overcarbed a bit. If I say tough stuff to that will ANY of you take offense? Will you get that it's self directed and not other directed? Not even self directed in a serious way? I did it and it's ok. If I eat right or I eat wrong, I'm not going to get emotional about it.

This has been such an enlightening experience, and I knew I could talk to you guys about it. Darn this feels like delayed PMS! Maybe just a touch of insanity.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 04:41

BF:
Default Check in

LOL BASspider... Insanity is a relative thing don't ya know!

Chris: if that works better for you, then stick to it. The point here is to get halthier and hopefully thinner by doing so. Great going.

Libby: We're all in it with you too babe...

Yesterday was a weird one for me. My receptionist called in sick, and I was the only one who wasn't too busy, so I replaced her for the day. Which means I had to wait on others to get a break or any kind. So my meals were sort of off, and I didn't get to drink water (I would have had to go potty too much) and forgot my pills... again

Meals:

BR: 1 reg. coffee, 1 fried egg sandwich with cheese, bacon & ketchup on whole wheat (was in a hurry and getting dizzy)

L: 3-4 bites of soup. Few sips of water.

D: Soup & Springroll, 2 bottles of water WITH pills.

This morning I'm down from yesterday. I just wish I could get over these cravings and go lower than 180. Hope it goes faster afterwards.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 22:46

BF:
Default check in

133 WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! Back on plan firmly didn't kill anyone, all in all a good day.

See ya tomorrow.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-02, 04:35

BF:

HI
BEEN DOING GOOD. HAVEN'T WEIGHED MYSELF YET. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I AM AFRAID TO BE DISAPPOINTED. I'VE BEEN STICKING REALLY GOOD, BUT I DO HAVE TO ADMIT THAT I GET HUNGRIER THAN I DID ON THE ATKINS. WELL, I SUPPOSE THAT'S EXPECTED. I LOVE HAVING THE FRUIT AND YOGURT. I REALLY MISSED THEM. I'VE BEEN DRINKING A LOT OF WATER AND I HAVE THIS NEW WORKOUT DVD CALLED POWER 90. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF IT? I WAS SWEATING LIKE A PIG YESTERDAY. IT'S AWESOME. MAYBE THAT'LL HELP ME OUT.

BASPIDER- 3 POUNDS IS PROBABLY WATER FROM TOM? DRINK DRINK DRINK

I THINK I'LL WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY TO WEIGH. CONSTIPATION PROBLEM IS BETTER NOW. NOT EXCELLENT BUT BETTER.

B-BAR,COFFEE W/MILK
L-TURKEY,LET.,TOM. ON LOW CAL BREAD
YOGURT
APPLE
D-CHICKEN,PEPPERS

WATER WATER WATER. BATHROOM BATHROOM BATHROOM.