Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-03-04, 13:01

Plan: SBD
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Weekly Support Sun Oct.3 to next Sun

I hope I got the date right. I bout forgot to start a new thread.
Anyway Grandsons 13 th birthday tomorrow, so we are eating out today. I will probably spurge a little. He's a great kid. Very respectful and makes good grades.
Hope everyones having a great Sunday,
Shirley
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-03-04, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1st, now CAD
Stats: 218/218/146 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hope you had a great meal Shirley. We're out for a meal tomorrow. Isn't it great to be able to go out and moreorless have whatever you fancy? I love CAD!

I start this week with good news - I'm down 1.14lbs on my weekly average so I'm very happy with that.

Can't stop to say more - our dustbin is blowing around in the garden - pretty gusty winds here at the moment, though I shouldn't grumble after all the hurricanes Florida's had lately! So I'm off out in the dark and rain to retrieve it!

Hope everyone's doing okay
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-03-04, 14:57

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

So far so good for me for the week-end. This whole past year has been such a struggle on the week-ends. I never use to have any trouble sticking to CAD all of the time. Since I returned to CAD this last time after leaving the IR diet, I have done sooo much better staying on plan during the week-ends.

Shirl, have a great time today eating out. That is what is so great about CAD, it allows you so much more freedom.

Sue- Congrats on the loss. You are doing great. Nothing like seeing the scale headed in the right direction. That is one of the best motivators. Keep up the good work. Have fun out in your yard. I love working in the yard in the fall..

Everyone have a great Sunday..
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-03-04, 21:31
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 177.5/177.5/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello ladies!

I love CAD too. You never have to feel guilty with your RM. I worked yesterday so I was able to keep on tract, and today when I fixed burgers and fries for the family I ate my two burgers and then went outside to resist the fries. Tonite I had roast beef from the crockpot, a large salad, a roll and a blizzard for dessert. Hope I didn't blow it!

We have had a beautiful fall weekend here in Ohio. I usually dread what comes after fall and can't enjoy it, but I am this year. My DH and 9-year-old granddaughter and I took a 1 mile walk today and then my grand-daughter and I took another small one. She is overweight so we exercised for the both of us.

I love having my grandchildren over. I work so much just seems like I don't get to enjoy them. Briana is 9 and Bryce is 4.

Have a great week ladies and let's try to keep on tract. Drink that water and exercise!!
Linda
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 06:17

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Good Monday morning!

It is wonderful to come in and find everyone feeling so good about CAD. I love all the positive vibes I get in here! It really is such a liveable program.

I'm doing fine. I dog-and-kitten-sat for my daughter on Saturday while all my kids went to a wedding on their dad's side of the family. It was a nice day...nothing to do but read, watch movies, and play with the adorable animals. Total decadence. I over-did my reward meal that day, but got back on track yesterday better. I also got TOM yesterday. I never know WHEN to expect that anymore, so I just don't worry about it too much till it appears.

Have a great week everyone!

Tracy

Last edited by Vel : Tue, Oct-05-04 at 06:05. Reason: duhhh
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 08:23
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 177.5/177.5/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Diane,

What is the IR diet?

Everyone have a good Monday!!!

Linda
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 09:01

BF:

Good Morning.

It looks like another beautiful fall day. We do have some smoke. The Forest Service is doing some control burns, but as long as it doesn't get too smokie should be a very nice day.

I walked on my treadmill last night. I think this is what I need to see the scales start moving again. I was not getting in enough exercise. At least I hope this wil help.

Linda- The IR diet, stand for Insulin Resistance Diet. It is also a very livable plan. They go by the link and balance approach. For evey meal and or snack you can have up to 30 grms of carbs, but it must be linked with 7 grms of protein. It lets you eat just about anything that you want as long as you link and balance. Once you eat carbs, you can't have anymore for at least 2 hrs. I did very well on it, but I was having a problem with breads and oatmeal. I felt kind of on the sick side after I ate them, so I figured if I could only have eggs for breakfast and meat and a salad for lunch I might as well return to the CAD diet. It also goes more into the low fat foods too, but most people don't get real strict with that. I did enjoy it while all the good fruit was out, but now that most of the fruits are gone for the season, I don't miss the IR diet.

Everyone have a good week and a great Monday.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 10:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well that was a horrible weekend, Had sandwich on Friday night, Had cupcake on Saturday night, then had 5 cupcakes and 2 hamburgers Sunday (that's all I at on Sunday). This was all off plan. Sometimes I just hate weekends.

This week should go better, and I am quit smoking Sunday morning.

Hope everyone has a good week.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 11:18

BF:

Hi Amy

Don't beat yourself up. We all have some bad times, especially on the week-ends. The main thing is to get back on track today.

Have a good one.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 11:29

Plan: Modified CAD
Stats: // Female 63
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hi everyone!

Good to see everyone here and doing good!

I'm back on track this week after a cheating weekend. The funny thing is, my weight is down a little. I'm going to weigh everyday to start averaging my weight loss/gain weekly as of today.

Best wishes to everyone for a good CAD week!!!!

Lisa
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 12:26

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Everyone

Great to see all the action in this place! I had a great CAD weekend. I did my averages today and I lost 3/4 of a pound last week Yay! I love to see progress. This plan is wonderful! Happy Monday all!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 12:30

Plan: SBD
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi,
Was wondering if there was anyone on here with diabetes and how cad is helping them or not helping them. Seem's like for my
RM meal, my blood sugar really goes up. Maybe I will have to have sugar free desserts with my reward meal.
Shirley
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 00:00

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

I don't have much else positive to report yet, but at least I have reached the point where I am less hungry and more able to stay on CAD...it's helped me to actually cook things for CM and make it more of a meal, instead of just eating ham and cheese and salad out of the fridge.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 06:16

BF:

Good Morning,

I could have done a lot better last night with balancing my RM. DH made chilli mac, which was fine, but I had too large of a bowl and I didn't include any salads or any other veggies to go with it. I should have stopped there, but NO,I also had to have a 1/2 banana dipped in a little peanut butter. So all in all, it was way over carbed, no veggies and too much food. I was just stuffed by the time I finished. I guess the good thing is, I am still full, so I am not going to have my breakfast CM.

Today promises to be another beautiful fall day. Will take all I can get of these wonderful days.

Everyone have a great Tuesday and a good day on plan.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 06:39
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 260/254/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hello all,
I've started the entry plan of CAD, after 2 weeks on Atkins induction. I lost 5 lbs and 6 inches but I've done atkins before and realize I just can't keep that up. Not to mention without changing anything I had gained 1.5 lbs and was swelling.

After 2 days on CAD I'm down 1 lb and the fluid is gone. I'm anxious to get to the end of this week and see the results!

I'll be visiting here lots I'm sure for answers and support.

Best wishes to all!