Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 21:11
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Default Here's an excerpt of interest.

Labeling
If you label yourself as fat or a failure, then you will live to that label, even letting it define who you are.

Frustration Thinking
You tell yourself: "It's too hard. It's easier to stay fat. I can't be bothered with exercise." You may be avoiding frustration, but you quit before you even get to the starting line.

Fortune-Telling
You just believe that you can predict the future with thoughts like, 'I'm going to blow it anyway, so I'll just eat the cake now.' This negative internal dialogue can become a vicious cycle of self-fulfilling prophecy, setting yourself up for the outcome you don't want.

All-or-Nothing Thinking
Because you ate a piece of pie, you tell yourself, 'I've blown it, I might as well eat the whole thing.' All-or-nothing thinking can turn a bite into a full-blown binge.

Catastrophizing
When you evaluate events, do you exaggerate their meaning or significance? It's not a success-only journey. Don't overreact to the bumps along the way.

Pipe Dreaming
If you chase after impossible dreams you're bound to be disappointed. You have to get real about what you can really achieve.

Gut-Level Reasoning
Your transient, unreliable feelings are not absolute truth. If you believe it, you don't process more accurate, reliable information.

Self-Downing
When you come down on yourself, your internal dialogue cranks up its volume, becoming so loud that it crowds out other, more relevant and truthful information. When you treat your internal browbeating as truth, it becomes reality for you.

Poor Me Thinking
If you go on a diet that is overly restrictive, you find it hard to envision ever being able to enjoy a party, go on vacation, eat what other people can eat, etc. You start feeling sorry for yourself and may end up overeating or binging.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 15:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

wow, is that out of dr phils book?? i love him but never got his book. thanks for posting it, all of it is me, all of it!!! i am going to copy it and hang it on my wall. thank you.

i am still here guys, i know this sounds like an excuse but i didnt want to really start on the way of eating until i was fully prepared this time. i went food shopping today and looked up lots of recipes so i am prepared to try the soups and other things so i dont get bored or nauseous eating all the same things. i will start a journal tomorrow and show everyone what i am eating then maybe i wont make my reward meal a one hr binge. i know i am a carb addict in denial. no other way of eating can work for me. i cant eat snacks in between meals it just makes me want to eat more. I WILL DO THIS FOR A FULL 2 WEEKS. no quitting, no cheating. no more fooling around and not committing. i feel to horrible about myself right now, not to do this for me. i have gone for a 30 min walk on mon and wed and will excercise today too. i also need to drink more water. hey maybe i will start my journal now so it will be all set up for tomorrow. thanks again guys. oh i also need to read about motivation and success, i need to get motivated and stay there.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 16:45

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

Keep fighting the good fight, willbthin.
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 16:47

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Good Luck! You can do this!!!
Kandi