Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-06, 18:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default i need to......

hear from people who have reached their goal on cad and are keeping it off. some people i know that are on other lowcarb plans said they have used cad to maintain their weight and intially lost it on the other lowcarb plans. i have tried to do this several times before, i know this is the plan for me but have trouble not making the carb meal a carb binge and thought i wouldnt lose weight on it although i did feel more in control, cause for the other two meals i was able to eat a "normal" size meal and stop when i was done, not over stuffed or felt like bingeing. i just found out my brother who is one yr younger then me(39) has diabetes, i am scared i will get it, it runs rampant in my family. my mom got it when she was 38 and my grahm much later, i even had an uncle who died from complications of it. i am 40 and just got a complete check up and waiting for blood results to get back. i feel fine except tired because of my extra weight. i am 5'3 and am female and weigh as of this morning 189. i have been on here a bunch of times with lots of support but keep failing and diet hopping, thinking i can do this another way. but i do realize i love carbs and crave them so much, i know if i can stick to this for more then 3 days i can succeed. thanks again ,if ..... you are willing to support me again. and if you are still reading, i thank you. i really want to end this. i thought i would have been at my goal weight when i turned 40 well, i turned 40 in april. i need to get in control.

i really do appreciate all responses.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 20:37
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi and welcome back. I really recommend that you look at the CALP book, as it puts more of an emphasis on a BALANCED RM. If you plan out your RMs and stick to the plan it might help. In addition to reading CALP, you might want to look at Dr. Phil's book on the 7 keys to weight loss. His stuff on emotions and thinking is really good. Please post and let us help.
E
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 09:10

BF:

thank you, i do have both those books, i will do some reading. i did stick to cad yesterday not really balancing the rm though. and today was hungry and had rm for breakfast, so i hope i last the rest of the day without carbs. still frustrated at myself for fighting this for 10 yrs, never really had a problem before that, that is why i questioned if i needed cad or not.

when i was thin i ate alot of carbs very little veggies and no fruits. and i drank, i was just more active then but still hardly any protien at all.

i mean even when i was a kid i used to trade my brothers their frenchfries for my cheesburgers, just wasnt real excited about meat. i still dont know where i am headed but i have to keep trying.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 09:40

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbthin
still frustrated at myself for fighting this for 10 yrs, never really had a problem before that, that is why i questioned if i needed cad or not.

I personally could eat whatever I wanted in my teens and early 20's. I didn't become carb sensitive until mid 20's, then I spent 10 yrs fighting it. My body chemistry changed after I had my first two boys.... I became insulin sensitive, and a carb addict. It wasn't until I realized how bad the carbs make me feel that I started craving proteins & veggies. I now am driven by my well being. I know that I can't eat like I use to eat, if I do I will get the same results-- weight gain! I never want to be a slave to my cravings again, never! This feeling is so much better

Good Luck willbthin!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 10:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/178/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 37%

I found that I do better eating a carb lunch than dinner. Then I am not so hungry later. I have done both my rm at lunch and dinner. Yesterday I did dinner, but I think today I will do lunch and do my protein meal at dinner and keep it that way. I have type 2 diabetes, but my blood sugar is good. I think as I am on the plan longer I won't crave the carbs as much. I eat sugar free stuff, I don't do sugar. I gained back up to 180 at Christmas time, now it is coming back off and hope I am on a roll.
I lost 2 pounds and need to change my stats. Now 180/178/135 or 140
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 12:11

Plan: cad
Stats: 230/191.5/120 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 35%

wilbethin,
I personaly eat what ever I want for my RM meal for 4 weeks now and the weight continues to come off, just keep going, I thought that I would just stay the same and that was all I was looking for at the time, but I lost 3 pds. the first week and 6 pds. the 2nd week. My first month is done with a 11 pd. loss. My hunger naturally cut back and even the RM is less, but I still have anything I want, I only had my salad now and then and still lost. Granted I have alot to lose, I feel much more satisfied on this diet than on Atkins, and so staying on it is not a problem, why cheat when I can have anything I want? I also only have 1 CM at night and that is just Meat & Eggs, but that is just me, I like to follow what Dr Racheal did to lose her wt. then when I maintain I will add the other CM meal. Hope this helps alittle.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 15:03

BF:

thanks guys, i actually had been researching other lowcarb plans and finally realized this is the best one. the one i can live with for life. so i will officially be starting tomorrow. for good!! really, no more quitting. i am so glad you are all successful on this, it gives me great hope to finally get this under control. hey momto4 sounds like that is what might have happened to me, you know, getting carb sensitive after having my daughter and turning 30. makes sense, since i didnt have a problem with it before. blum, thanks for letting me know what is working for you, sounds like you have it under control and dont feel deprived. ok guys, no more excuses ,no more stalling and NO MORE QUITTING. i go back to see my doc about my weight on feb 13, so i would really like to show him some kind of loss and show him i can get healthy as well and to myself.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 16:12

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

You can do it willbthin
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 06:31

BF:

thanks mom, some people are still telling me that dont think i will lose weight on this plan. cause they think i will blow the reward meal. so i am going to do this for me as well as to tell other people this plan does work and we can enjoy the foods we love, get in control when we eat them and lose weight.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 07:00
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi will-
you can do it!!
Plan out that RM- have EXACTLY what you want to eat for your protein, vegies and carb. Have it all measured and ready. Set the table with placemats, china, crystal and candles!! Make it an event, and you will feel like you are worth taking care of.
Let us know how you do today-
E
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 08:17

Plan: CALP
Stats: 16/14/10 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi, will-
I agree with Enomarb- This is FFOOOODD! I learned to cook because of this diet. I love food so much and have really enjoyed the process of simmering, combining ingredients, and enjoying the finished product! Fast food and some restaurants don't do it for me anymore. The food is so salty, and cardboard- tasting. I now take my time chopping, smelling, and obsessing about the finished product. Every RM for me is an event- it has really transformed my thinking of what I put in my body. Sometimes I opt to get a quick dinner, but it's roast beef sandwiches with lots of lettuce and mayo, or sushi from the grocery store. I have finally come to the point of loving myself enough to raise my standard. I remember the first day I did CAD- I felt balanced and calm and actually TASTED my RM- didn't just shove the food in for comfort. It was a first. Hope you have a lot of firsts.
Edy
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 08:38

BF:

thanks so much guys, you are really getting me excited to stick with this. so far so good, i am starting today so my weight today is 190. i will fix my stats. i dont like to cook and i am not good at it, so maybe i will learn to like it too. i want to think just like you about fast food restaurants i hope they wont appeal to me anymore either. and i will plan my reward meal. that is always how i went wrong on this before. i didnt plan for it. i will plan for it and sit down and enjoy every bite. thanks for the tips.