Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 15:08
Registered Member

Plan: GO, formerly CAD, formerly Atkins
Stats: 160/155/135
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default weight loss dragging

Thanks for your response, Jeannie. We eat out a lot, but I'm usually pretty good and don't gain (I hardly lose, either). This time I did because I messed up my high-carb balance, so I expected it. I'm also 55 and post-menopausal, so I'm sure that doesn't help. I haven't been checked for thyroid problems, but my last physical didn't show any problems--Jan 2002. I know there are certain additional tests they can do, so I'll request those. My Step-Mom has a thyroid problem and she's never been terribly overweight--probably as much as I am. So maybe...

We're going on our first cruise next week (couldn't resist, living right here in Ft. Lauderdale--no airfare!). I know people are tempted, but I know I can be pretty good. The only time I may slip is when we're visiting Mexico--I love eating different foods. Fortunately, that will probably only be for lunch, but I may just go with the flow and make up for it later.

Today's food:

breakfast - 2 slices Atkins' zucchini bread (made with soy &
almond flour, zucchini, oil, and Splenda) w/whipped
cream cheese
lunch - tuna w/mayo & lettuce/tomato salad
snack - 1-2 oz of peanuts (I'm starving already, so I feel I need
a snack) or some zucchini bread
dinner - will be steak, corn on the cob, salad, and green beans,
plus a glass of wine--no dessert

I have a suspicion wine may be the problem--I have a glass every day--but even when I stopped I didn't lose, so I figured I didn't want to give it up if it didn't bring a benefit!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 15:13

Plan: Carbohydrate Addict's Diet
Stats: 165/140/130
BF:
Progress: 71%

I'm glad to see such a lengthy discussion of CAD in this forum. Seems like most users focus on the Atkins plan, which for me would be too strict to follow for a lifetime.

It's almost two years since I started on the CAD program. It's changed my life. I never want to go back to the old one. Ever since I can remember I was ALWAYS thinking about food, even when concentrating on something else. If I wasn't eating, it was only through sheer force of will. That continual craving for food is gone. Sometimes I actually forget to eat breakfast. Another nice benefit is now I get dessert everyday, where before I tried never to eat it. (If I did, I sneaked it and felt guilty).

Initially I followed the diet to the letter and lost around 1 pound every week. I've stayed the same weight now for about a year, but no longer follow the diet with such rigor, i.e., I sometimes carb overload in my reward meal. This cheating keeps me from losing more weight, but I'm satisfied where I am. This Christmas I plan on wearing an outfit I bought last February (I used to wear a 14; now I wear a size 10). That will be the first time that my weight has stayed the same through two winter seasons!

It's too bad that some doctors and nutritionists spend so much effort trying to debunk low carb diets instead of seeing if they work. It seems like part of the problem is they only respond to extreme low-carb diets, like Atkins, and ignore diets like CAD which allow plenty of carbohydrates.