Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-16, 13:03

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Jakz wrote:Truth be told, I am green with envy but you are motivating me!

Ah Jakz... you're withing whispering distance of onederland yourself! No need to be green with envy, you're gonna be there yourself in almost no time. Before the end of the year for sure!!! Looking forward to celebrating with you too!

Love Love Love this WOE!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-16, 19:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Congratulations, Kat. It's been so much fun watching you methodically shape your WOE so that it works the best for your life and for your health.

It's fun, once you get it figured out, isn't it?
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-16, 23:37

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
Congratulations, Kat. It's been so much fun watching you methodically shape your WOE so that it works the best for your life and for your health.

It's fun, once you get it figured out, isn't it?

Thanks so much. Yes, it is definitely a journey to understand your own body and find what works. For me, I love to do a lot of research, and I've followed the links and suggestions that you and Janet recommended here -- and that is what got me over to Phinney and Volek, Tim Noakes, and then Jason Fung and Intensive Dietary Management, and then I bought the Obesity Code, which was what made everything really click. And then the discussions about lowering protein, and not overdoing the fat either. It's like working on your own unique puzzle.

The great thing is knowing that I can get down to my goal weight, and have the tools to maintain that.

Thanks again.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 10:12
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmeyster
The great thing is knowing that I can get down to my goal weight, and have the tools to maintain that.

On every "diet" I'd gone on in the past 25 years (including this one) the idea of reaching a normal, healthy weight was not even on the radar. This forum made me pick one, but I never really believed I would see it. My goals were always far more limited. I'd try to lose enough weight to do this or that. Once this or that happened, I couldn't suffer on any longer with the diet. The regain was on.

This time the came on at some point early in the journey. I realized that I had to stop 'going on a diet' and needed to make this how I eat. I found a new path, as you did, then began the journey to figure myself out. I needed to make the "diet" about learning how I need to eat. I became committed to that goal. That was the life changing moment. I too realized that I would make it to the goal I had set on this forum. I knew it. That was a big moment and I'd never experienced that before. As far as I'm concerned, that was the day that I reached goal. That is when this journey became a success story. I still weighed 365 pounds. I wasn't at goal by anyone else's standards. But that gray matter between my ears finally had the answer and I was committed to making it happen. Reaching a healthy weight became a forgone conclusion. I wish I could put all that in a bottle pass it on to others. It seems to be such an elusive state of mind to find. Freedom from the addictive pull of junky carbs is what you get from this new path. You don't look back and long for the good old days of eating junk. You see those days for what they are. The good days are today. But unfortunately that is hard to see from the other side. Dieting the wrong way - the way that never works - is so strongly engrained. Dieting that way keeps you hooked.

I look forward to watching you take this WOE all the way home. Rock on, Kat.

Last edited by khrussva : Mon, Oct-31-16 at 10:27.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-16, 08:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/202.6/155 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

Congrats -I hope to join you there by this weekend!! wohoo