Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-02-09, 06:24

Plan: Anabolic Diet
Stats: 314/295/250 Male 69
BF:2 much %
Progress: 30%
Default "Anabolic" diet.

Hi Gang, long time no see. Hope all is well.

First update on yours truly.

If you can dig up my online journal here you can see I was just raving about how my life had changed on a low carb "carbavoid" plan. My arthritis was completely managed, my skin clear, mood and energy surpreme to anything Id experienced before.

Well, its all still very good. One thing that happened to me a few months ago that destroyed me for awhile was TERRIBLE weight lifting performance for a couple of days. Not sure what was happening and I started dabbling in carbs again, yknow at first it was more fruit and oatmeal...but then it turned into fries and pizza yknow.

The good news is that I put on maybe 10 lbs , lots of it just water as I was getting great workouts (strength/mass power lifting type workouts) but my inflamation in the ol joints started beating me down....and here I am. I HAVE SINCE RELOST THAT WEIGHT EASILY AND THEN SOME BUT I AM INTERESTED IN TRYING SOMETHING NEW.

Now, because I have had great "success" energy wise and how I feel wise but not very good success with wt room performance, I am studying up on these CKDs that bodybuilders are playing around with. The anabolic diet has peeked my interest ....have any of you hard lifters used it?

SOME SAY YOU GET BIGGER AND MORE DEFINED GROWING MUSCLE MASS AND BURNING MORE FAT. THATS FOR ME.

QUAKE
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-04-09, 18:21

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 342/270/200 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 51%

I know this is not the answer to the question you are asking, but I've had very good results using supplements. I stay around the 20 carbs a day mark and take the Animal Pak vitamins (not advertising for them). very nice boost in energy from all the b vitamins and still a nice purple color on the Keto sticks. The scale has moved slower but very nice gains in muscle and losing inches of the waist.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-09, 05:33

Plan: Anabolic Diet
Stats: 314/295/250 Male 69
BF:2 much %
Progress: 30%

I just completed my first "CARB UP" weekend. I ate my usual protein and added carb such as oatmeal, blue berries, banana, potato salad and more veggies. I didnt use quite as much fat so i could avoid adding overall calories.

Over the course of the weekend i gained but a mere pound but get this:

check this out:

I just finished my lift, I am sweating profusely, I mean the intensity
I was able to generate was awesome.

First, I was able to add THIRTY POUNDS of weight to my bench press and
still got 8 reps!!!

I added THIRTY POUNDS to my incline presses too

I added TWENTY POUNDS to my t bar rows

i added TEN POUNDS to my shoulder press

YEAh, THE PUMP IS UNREAL.

My waist feels smaller but my muscles feel large and full. I had a
fantastic workout today.

what will be interesting to me is to see what I have left in the gas
tank for wednesdays workout.

this rocks.

i STARTED back to keto diet last evening after 2pm. yknow, wings and eggs and that sort of stuff.

Today i started with one of my favorite meals, eggs with ground beef and bacon. doesnt get much better than that.

anyhow, all protein and fat from now until next saturday. love this part of the lifestyle than the carb ups believe it or not.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-09, 10:05
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Welcome back. Have a look at the "Jay Rob" thread.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-09, 11:30

Plan: Optimal diet/One free day
Stats: 300/175/165 Male 5ft9in
BF:
Progress: 93%

Yeah alternate day carbs/no carbs is another avenue.Nice pumps is what Im noticing with JR diet and a leaner feeling in gut area the day after carb meals.Supposedly the LC days are the fat burning days but it seems backwards for me.Its probably my mind playing tricks when you lose the pump look you look fatter and vice versa.

Here is something that may help with your joint issues and has for me in past.Take mega dose fish oil.....15 capsules a day or better yet fish oil in tbsp.Dr.Sears claims that if you must eat carbs then extra fish oil will prevent any excess inflammation from happening.He claims just low carbing is effective but nowwhere near fish oil in reduction of inflammation.But remember that the body needs some inflammation to jumpstart the repair process.