Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-06, 09:49

Plan: NONE
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 1%

Hello again, Eno!

You said it all! It is better to not crave junk! And I am optimistic that someday my weight will go down once again. For right now, I have energy, my allergies are under control. Blood pressure perfect. I got my yearly blood tests at the doctor's office and everything is good -- no diabetes which is my number one scary issue that makes me want to stay on this plan! My numbers are good for my size and I do exercise 5 - 6 times a week on my treadmill for 30 minutes. I don't dread it. I'm not winded going up and down stairs anymore. I feel like I can "fit" in the world. At 306, I ate and things were fuzzy, and I didn't go see plays at the local high school (where I am going this weekend). I didn't go to theaters then...I hid. I hated myself. And now I don't.

So counting calories and drinking diet pop all day will never be in my life again. But I can do this CAD thing the rest of my life. And that's what losing weight is -- the rest of my life. I will battle, but I won't be beaten down...

Also, I just want to thank everyone here. I have been here so much reading and learning and just feeling good about all the success and advice. You are an awesome bunch and I'm glad to be a member.

Momto3boys -- don't give up! I know exactly how you feel! But you must keep trying! Think really hard about everything that you eat. I can gain weight just by chewing sugarless gum on a Sunday morning before church! This plan has to be followed 100% and the simplest thing could be causing you not to lose anymore weight. I rack my brain every day trying to figure out what I could be doing wrong.

Snow
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-06, 13:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/CALP/IF
Stats: 219/141/139 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Snow, I just want you to know that I'm in the same boat with you and that I too feel that even if I'm just maintaining, I'm SO much better off than I was before. If I never lose another pound, I will keep on following a low-carb lifestyle because I can't stop my aging, but I can stay as healthy as possible.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-06, 15:56
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

You guys are great- and you have the best way of seeing things. Everythng you said- ditto. I was convinced to do this WOL after the first 2 weeks- when I felt "normal" for the first time in 15 years!
Snow- what is "CAD/With a twist"?
E
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-06, 19:50

BF:

Hello, Laurie, nice to meet you! I think we have it EXACTLY RIGHT. It is better to be in control than miserable any day of the week! We must continue on, even on the days it seems we are getting nowhere...

And, Eno, my twist isn't so much a twist as a spin on it! I think of God as number one in my life so every Sunday, I take communtion at my church. I have a small cube of bread with a twist of grape juice! I know it is cheating in CAD's eyes, but I think of God as bigger than carbs!!! I always feel that it doesn't make a difference because he will help me though anything... It's kind of my extra power on Sundays to keep going during the week!

I like to look at the Carb Addict's Diet as the Three Step Plan--

1. CAD - I eat a reward meal every day (a balanced, normal meal with dessert if I so choose)...
2. GOD - I pray every day for strength to keep going forward...
3. GOB - I "Get Off Butt" and exercise!!!

I really have to do that journal thing some day...This place feels more and more like home with each post.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Snow
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-06, 11:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/CALP/IF
Stats: 219/141/139 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Hey Snow, I take communion every Sunday too and although it's not on plan, I've never let it bother me. You're right! God takes care of us.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Nov-24-06, 07:47

BF:

Yes, Laurie, he does! I think he appreciates the fact that we are being obedient! I love never feeling out of control!!!

Snow
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-06, 13:24
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 300/195/140 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 66%

I just started CAD for the second time today. The first time I lost, but at a slow pace. I felt great, minimal cravings, but I got impatient. I went on Atkin's and lost quickly, but I didn't feel as well on Atkin's that I do on the CAD. Plus, I have a major problem with cheating on Atkin's, because of this I have gained and lost the same 15-20lbs in the last two months.

So, I have decided to feel good over losing weight quickly. I'll try to be more patient this time. Patience is not one of my virtues.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-06, 16:55

Stats: 270/270/170 Female 5'6 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Nora! Welcome! I'm into my second week of CAD, and it's going well so far. I'm adjusting to the "Do's and Don'ts" so to speak. I like your blinking Christmas thingy! Very cute!
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-06, 11:08

Stats: 255/181/130 Female 5' 4"
BF:49/32/25
Progress: 59%
Default Jumpin' in here

Hi fellow CADs
I lost 52 lbs on CAD 4 years ago. It took me 2 years to gain it back, then I lost again on WW and Michael Thurmond. I lost 80 lbs this time, but had wandered off into LA-LA land and was living on Hershey Nuggets once again. I got on the scale the day after Christmas and had gained back 15 lbs., so instead of waiting until New Years, I junped right onto Atkins induction and I've dropped 9 lbs in 3 days. I'm going to switch to CAD as soon as the loss levels off. CAD is slow, but it works and I think it is because we can plan for those foods we crave so much. I think we sabotage ourselves with little things. I know last time I started having endulge bars during the day, or a handful of nuts - you know- low carb 'extras', but a calorie is still a calorie. Add them up. There is a delicate balance between keeping the metabolism burning and losing or maintaining or even gaining. Go back and read your journal and eat the same things that you were eating when you were losing.
When I stall, I do Atkins induction for 3 days. It always gets me going again.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-06, 16:14
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Izdi-
welcome!! You sound like you have given this a lot of thought. I think you are SOOOO smart to jump back on this now- tomorrow has a way of always staying a day away (sorry Annie)!
Please post a lot and tell us all about you and how you are doing!
E
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-06, 23:41

Stats: 255/181/130 Female 5' 4"
BF:49/32/25
Progress: 59%
Default Thanks Eno

I thought about having an RM this evening but had a steak instead. Maybe tomorrow. I know CAD works, but Atkins is a little faster start and it is so motivating to see the scale drop.