Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-05, 16:05

Plan: Thinking Somersizing
Stats: 204/204/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Suzanne Somers

Hi everybody. I'm new to this forum. I need to lose about 75lb. and can't seem to get started on anything, for several reason (or maybe excuses). The WOE I think I could stick to the easiet is Suzanne Somers', Somersizing, but I haven't seen anyone here who is doing it. It is based on the Schwartzbein Principle. Anyone here doing that? I really need the motivation. My husband really wants me to lose weight (for health perposes), but sabatoges me real bad, without realizing it. He is disabled, with heart problems, diabetes and kidney failure. So we get up early (3:30am) three days a week for dialysis. I sit for about 6 hrs, before we get home. It's very tiring. Plus, I just seem to be tired ALL the time. I just can't seem to find the time or energy to do something just for me. Ugh! Thanks for listening, Linda from Texas
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 10:16
Registered Member

Plan: A True Miracle, Rosedale
Stats: 185/185/132 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Linda,
I did Somersize before Schwartzbein. Unfortunately, neither worked for me. But Schwartzbein seems to be healthy, so I'm staying with it for a while. It isn't hard to do.

Too bad about your hubby. Could you possibly take a walk or something while he gets his treatments? I know walking around the hospital can give you a great workout. I know it is upsetting when you are there, but after a while the staff gets to know you and you know the time schedule better. I used to take a book to read when my mother was in the hospital for a month, and then 3 mo in a recouperation hospital. Sometimes I'd just walk around too. I didn't like her family and it was handly to get "lost" while they were there. At her hospital, the cafeteria died during non-peak hours, and I could sit there and read or do paper work, whatever.

Also the chapel is a nice place to go when at the hospital, IMO.

Needlework, meal planning, all that is possible. I even carried a PDA and played games. Also handy for tracking my carbs/calories for the day with the right program.

Hope Schwartzbein works for you. And I learned so much about cooking when on Somersize. Those recipes really are great. I'd like her sweetener, but it is expensive, plus the shipping & handling is killer on both her site and also on HSN. Until they knock that down to reasonable, I'll skip it.
Donna
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 15:21

Plan: Thinking Somersizing
Stats: 204/204/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Smile Somersizing

Hi Donna. Thanks for the comeback, with the good advise. I have a couple of Suzanne's videos and she makes even me want to cook. She cooks it all up so fast and it looks so good. I cooked for 6 while the kids were growing up and am not much wanting to anymore, but she does have a way of inspiring me on tape. Good luck on your journey.
Linda