Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 14:17
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 160/150/145
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Salad Dressings

Hey Guys: I was wondering if anybody can give me some information on what kind of salad dressings are good for CM. I like cesar, ranch. Are these to be used Low Fat or regular.

Also, I would like to hear from anybody who changed from Atkin's to CAD, especifically if they gained any weight the first week, I started yesterday 7/29 and this morning I had gained 2 pounds.

Hope this is temporary.

Good luck to all of you, this is a great support area !!!

Wanda L.

P.S. Anybody has a good recipie for low carb panckages that taste like the real thing?

Quote:
Today Is The First Day of the Rest of My Life
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 15:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191.5/183.5/130
BF:
Progress: 13%

I just made the switch from Atkins to CALP and noticed a jump in the scales too. From what I've read on this site, that's normal. Your body is adjusting to the change saying, "Wait a minute...what's going on here?" The weight gain is temporary, from what the more experienced CADers are saying. Should work itself out in about a week, I guess. While I'm supposed to be weighing myself daily for CALP, I may forego that until I think my body has adjusted. Too depressing.

From what I've read, low-fat dressings have more carbs and sugar than regular. Ranch and bleu cheese are good choices. It seems like Caesar is good too. Just check out the labels. You can use store brands, you just need to make sure that sugar is not among the first four ingredients.

Best of luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 15:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/175/140
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Olive Oil!

I've been dressing my salads with the very best olive oil I can find. No vinegar, no lemon juice, just olive oil and fresh-ground black pepper!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 09:22
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 160/150/145
BF:
Progress: 67%

Thanks guys for your feedback. I didn't know about the sugar being in the first 4 ingredients was something I needed to look at.

I went to the scale this A.M. and lost 1/2 pound. So I think my body is starting to adjust a little bit from the Atkin's diet. Hope everything works out for you guys.

Thanks,

Wanda L. From Texas
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 11:39

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Thin Dressing

Something the Heller's suggest in the CALP book, which I like to do, is to thin your regular dressing with water.

Just add a little bit of water and mix well. I like this because then my dressing doesn't just sit on top of my salad in a big glob..... it runs down into my salad just a little bit better.

Like Mini says.......always, always read the labels. Salad dressings can fool you. Some of them have a really high carb count. And it is usually the low fat ones that do.

best wishes,
Libby