Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-13, 15:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/188/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default Introduction

Hello everyone,
I'm actually a veteran Atkins dieter; however, I stopped 10 years ago and I'm struggling to begin again. I'm hoping this forum will inspire me the way the book did years ago. I actually love everything we're allowed, except when I'm doing the plan! I'm at 188 and want to lose o 135. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-13, 16:24

Plan: Ketogenic now
Stats: 277/121/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Welcome to the boards. Things change over the years (besides our bodies, lol) and although I've been at this for quite some time....the recipes here are fabulous and the younger folks here also have input that has helped me stay going on my way of eating. Lots of things I would have NEVER thought of myself.

Best of luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-13, 17:49

Plan: Paleo-Ketogenic, LCHF
Stats: 358/263/235 Male 6' 6"
BF: More to Love
Progress: 77%

Welcome back on track! I too go through phases where some meats just turn me off or EGGS, oh, there are days where eggs are the bane of my existence! lol. but it always gets better. just be sure to get a wide variety, even if it's all chicken 300 different ways, don't drive yourself into a rut.

Best of luck to you, and keep at it! you already have the knowledge and these forums and users are all here to help with the process!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-13, 21:59

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Hello and welcome. (or welcome back!) You know it works, you've been successful before Many of us are on multiple rounds with this WOE, so glad to have you back - I love poking around journals and getting inspiration and great food ideas - it makes it fun to try a new recipe. And some are so simple.
Good luck to you,
Kat
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-13, 08:38

BF:
Progress:

Thanks! I'm hoping for some good recipes and a way to cope with cravings fir bread! I can deal with the chocolate cravings. I want to lose 45 pounds and I KNOW it works! I've been about 40 pounds heavier than I am now and about 25 lower thAn where I am. I want to stop my upward spiral.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-13, 08:51

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

A good way to stop cravings for bread...Read Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis! http://www.wheatbellyblog.com
You will never look at a slice of bread without concerns for your health.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-13, 12:35

Plan: Whole Foods Atkins
Stats: 178/168/150 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hi,
Welcome. Well we all deal with our cravings different. I allow myself a Chocolate Advantage bar a day and that works fine for me. However, not everyone can do that. On bread, check out the "muffin in a minute recipe". With time as your body adjusts and heals through this way of eating, those cravings will diminish. I don't crave bread anymore but have a low-carb muffin or slice every so often (the flax really helps me with regularity). I was a bread, sugar and potato addict. With a good balance of fats, proteins and carbs our bodies start enjoying the good stuff instead of screaming "feed me junk"!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-13, 19:26

BF:
Progress:

So can y'all tell me what you eat on a regular basis?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-13, 19:39

Plan: Paleo-Ketogenic, LCHF
Stats: 358/263/235 Male 6' 6"
BF: More to Love
Progress: 77%

Bacon! Actually, I experiment and try to change it up as much as possible. My breakfasts get a little over done, but I try to take different approaches. I may have eggs, bacon, and sausage 5 times a week, but I'll do a scramble with green/rep peppers one day, or an omelet with different cheeses, sometimes a crustless quiche. Sometimes my meats are on the side, sometimes mixed in... I just try to vary it.

Example, this weeks dinners: Asian pork and green beans, Baked chicken thighs and turnip greens, smoked sausage and fried cabbage, taco salad, meatloaf and cauli-mash, seafood delight (with shrimp, real crab, and whitefish), chicken cordon bleu with veggie stir-fry...... Sometimes you can't avoid getting in a rut, but I try to stay away from the same meats and veggies every single day. It gets monotonous.

Hope this helps some. I tend to ramble.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-13, 20:36

Plan: general LC
Stats: 191/165/120 Female 5'3.5
BF:
Progress: 37%

Welcome Hightest! We have similar stats. I am also restarting after about 3 years of not lowcarbing. I wish you much luck! If you browse "recipes" you will find yummy stuff-even pictures!!! It helps with planning your grocery list and menu.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-13, 15:02
Registered Member

Stats: 237.6/237.6/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress:

Welcome back! I'm newly returning too and on day 2. So far so good. Was VERY hard getting through Day 1 (after many attempts!) but once I crossed that finish line of Day 1, it was a huge emotional hurdle and Day 2 is going much better.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-13, 20:09

BF:
Progress:

Made it thru two good days. Got me some shrimp, scallops, etc. I've eaten canned greens and salad. Breakfast is easy. I'm going to try brussel sprouts. I did get low carb ice cream. Hoping it will work for me. Your responses do help. I have lost 1 1/2 pounds so far
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-13, 20:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 325/290/200 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 28%

hello everyone, its great to be on board and have some support! I been doing some form of low carding for yrs! i did lose 135 lbs on the 6wk body make over my knee went out for the sec time and had to have it replaced again! so im back again mad at my self for putting most of it back on!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 17:34

BF:
Progress:

I crashed and burned today. Someone brought me a cake.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 17:51

Plan: Whole Foods Atkins
Stats: 178/168/150 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 36%

Drink lots of water and start again tomorrow. If you haven't eaten all the cake flush it down the toilet.
I know a lot of people don't eat the bars but I found that from day one I kept some Advantage bars on hand...the ice cream bars do not have much nutritional value. I too am a sweet junkie and had to allow myself something that kept me from just buying a dozen donuts or eating a cake.

Make your next bite Atkins but don't beat yourself up. Get pro-active in planning for those times when temptation arises. I always keep a bar and little bag of almonds in my purse and hardly blow it anymore.

Hang in there!