Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-16, 06:43

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Cool good morning everyone!!

BUDY.....hi! welcome
i hope you enjoyed your CN....i wonder what the magic 8-ball scale holds in store for you this morning? i hope it isn't TOO bad i have gone as much as 6+ lbs gained from a really "healthy" carbnite

i still have not seen a loss since saturday's CN.....my body can be SOOOO stubborn sometimes; 3 days of the exact same weight....to the ounce!

have a great day all!!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-16, 09:44

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Budy! I love CNS and it definitely helped me break my super stall! I went 8 months with no additional losses doing strict LC. Since I started CNS, I have lost a further 9 lbs. It is meant to kick-start your metabolism, get the correct hormones flowing again. And it works. I hope you enjoyed your CN!
  #108   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-16, 09:50

BF:

I am down 3.4 lbs this morning.

It was a big gain for me and leaving fast. I am still 2.4 lbs up from my pre-CN, but I should enter ketosis soon and that will take care of THAT.

Today is the day of the smoked, bacon-wrapped rump roast! It is out there smoking and becoming all juicy and tender-like. I expect to be tasting that bad boy in about and hour!

CHRISSIE - I hope tomorrow is whoosh day for you!!!!!! It is bound to happen SOON!!!!!

You all have a great day!
  #109   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-16, 09:57

BF:

Today will be a higher calorie day for me. I am planning on about 1600 calories for the day. Besides my rump roast, I have a big tuna/spinach salad on the menu for dinner. With mayo, cottage cheese and Pepper Jack cheese! And a good snack of yogurt for bedtime. Plenty of coffee and cream today, too. So I will be a full unit today.
  #110   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-16, 17:59

Red face g'nite!!

PAULETTE.....i hope your rump was to die for
most excellent loss my friend!!
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-16, 08:30

BF:

I am down another 1.8 lbs this morning. Only .8 left to get back to the pre-CN weight. It is day 3, so I should start seeing color on the ketostix by tomorrow for sure.

That smoked rump roast was so delicious - and we have a lot left. Ed will be eating sandwiches. I will eat it just as it is.

I did not hit my 1600 calorie goal yesterday. Only got to 1476. So I am unsure how to handle today. I had plenty of protein yesterday, and I had my tuna salad, but I forgot to put the cheese on it and that is what kept me from my caloric goal. Oh well. close enough. Today I WAS planning on a low calorie day, but I think I will go for a normal day.

I have bacon & eggs, and leftover roast, and I will see what the day brings. I am not going to fast again unless I see I have an unusually large calorie day again. That is normally a CN. I always go over 2000 on a CN. Sometimes way over! I only remember a couple where I was under the 2000 mark.

And speaking of CNs , I have decided to have my next one on Saturday, because I will be traveling to Green Bay to stay with my Aunt this weekend. I have no idea what I plan for that day. I have a feeling she will make her famous brownies, so I can probably plan on eating a bunch of those!

I hope you all have a great day today!
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-16, 19:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hi Ladies!

Chrissie, your body sounds so much like mine. I gain 4-6 pounds after CN, normally 2 to 3 days gain post CN, then I will stay same and then the drops begin. I am sure you will have a good drop in the morning.

What a nice couple drops you had Paulette. .8 more will be a piece of cake.

Last Saturday was my CN. I was up 4 pounds on Sunday morning and 1 pound on Monday morning. Drop started on Tuesday for a two pound loss and then another 2 pounds for this morning, (Wednesday) so 1 pound to go and 3 days to get it off. I hope to lose 1 pound per day over the next 3, so that I can get a two pound loss for the week.

Hi Budy. Welcome.
Hope you drop in again soon and let us know how you are doing.

Night all.
Rox
  #113   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 07:41

BF:

I stayed the same today. Hmmm.

ROX - wow, I hope you can lose a lb a day! That would be excellent. It goes a lot slower for me. Maybe a few ounces a day if lucky! I have 2 days left until CN and I don't think I will make it this time. I will have the CN regardless.

I am very busy today, and hope to get back here later. You all have a great day!
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 17:29

BF:

I stayed the same today too Paulette. So much for me wanting to lose a pound a day for the next 3 days. I guess I get a little greedy sometimes. Two more days to get at least a pound off to get back to last Saturday CN. I also will be having my CN no matter what. I have already been thinking about what I want to eat. Everything, of course.
  #115   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-16, 06:43

BF:

Good morning! Today I am a lb down. And I am now .4 lbs under my last pre-CN weight, so I feel great.

Tomorrow I am going to my Aunt's house for the weekend. My CN will be starting in the afternoon. I have no idea what I will eat. I KNOW she is making brownies, so that is set in stone. She is the kind of person who never has any food in her house. Just a ton of 1/2-n-1/2 for her coffee, and some frozen vegetables in the freezer. We may end up ordering pizza or something. It will rain, so no grilling out for us this weekend.

Today I am finishing up my project and I will not have to work this weekend! YAY! It promises to be a hot humid sunny day. I hope to get out in my pool whenever I can catch a break!

I did not eat much yesterday because I was so busy. Today we will be grilling chicken for dinner, and I am having a big tuna salad for lunch.

You all have a great day!
  #116   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-16, 09:38

BF:

Hello again! It has been a couple hectic days. I had my CN on Saturday and part of Sunday, too Circumstances kept me at my Aunt's house so I made due.

I am up a hale & hearty 5.8 lbs from the CN(s). But the funny thing was, I was up 2 lbs on the morning of my CN before it even started - I am not certain why. Some fluid retention going on, probably from the oppressive heat we were having. I was drinking lots of fluids and in my pool most of the day, so I must have absorbed a lot of water. Like a sponge! So actually, I am up 3.8 lbs from the pre-CN. But I have 5.8 to go to get back to my lowest.

Yesterday I was hungry all day which is odd as I am usually not hungry at all after a CN. I had a braised pork steak for lunch, lots of coffee and cream, and 4 cheddarwurst sausages for dinner! My calories were around 1600 yesterday! With plenty of sodium to boot! Today I am not feeling that hungry, so I suspect I will have a low cal day. I need one to balance things out here! I have my tuna salad on spinach planned so I will see how that goes.

I hope you all had a great weekend! May you have a happy CN whenever that occurs next!
  #117   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-16, 09:45

BF:

ROX - How did your CN go? Did you manage to lose a couple more lbs before Saturday???????

I am thinking of giving myself a good LC stint this week before another CN. 8 or 9 days. Maybe 10. I will see how things go. Having a CN 2 days in a row is not something I want to get in the habit of. I want to do one a week. I don't want to go longer than 10 days without one, but I want to be sure I am in a good ketosis state before I do my next CN.

I am sure the 2 I had will not hurt me, but I don't want to get used to it!!!!
  #118   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-16, 10:05
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Guess I ought to jump in here. I started doing CNS mid-April. Rox was having such good luck with it.

Rox knows all this, but I'll summarize my situation for the rest of you: I struggle with weight loss and fight to lose a single pound most of the time. Many reasons, but mostly it's medicine. My BP med is a beta blocker and even Dr. Atkins said in the DANDR book beta blockers would cause issues for losing. Then I had post-meno hormone issues, chronic cortisol stress with family illness and two deaths in my immediate family in the last 2 years, constant inflammation with chronic degenerative disc issues in my back and taking lots of ibuprofen for the back for nearly 2 years now. Ibuprofen causes water retention.

I lost 44# on WW years ago, but was hungry all the time and gained it all back. I only did moderately well losing on Atkins in 2009 losing total of 30#, but eventually that no longer worked for me either. Then I tried JUDDD (Johnson UpDay DownDay and that soprta worked, but I didin't like it. It made my grouchy on the 500 cal. down days. Intermittent fasting I had to stop as I have had hypoglecemic low BG issues all my adult life and had some bad spells. So CNS is my last hope to get the 25# off I need and want to get off.

I want to talk to my dr. when I go back in Oct. about maybe changing my BP med to a non-beta blocker. I don't think she'll be too eager to do that, but it's worth asking. I've suspended my HRT estrogen and progesterone. I've reduced my ibuprofen to only when my back gets REALLY bad (about 1x daily now).

Since April 17, I've dropped only 10-12#. I had my last CN yesterday and had a 1.6# bounce (1-2# is my typical bounce). I'm at 189.0 today and we'll see if this week is a stall or a net loss for me. Been flirting with 186-187 for over a month now! But I have firmly believe in the set point theory of metabolism and Keifer's CNS lines up perfectly with that theory. I know it worked for me because way back on WW years ago, when I had a day where I ate "badly", I would invariably be rewarded on the scale with a 1-2# loss after doing so.

Last edited by Buttoni : Tue, Jul-26-16 at 11:23.
  #119   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-16, 17:23

BF:

Hello Ladies!

I lost 1.5 for the week last week Paulette.

CN was Saturday, on Sunday I was up 5.0, down .5 on Monday, and this morning was down 1.0. So, 3.5 to go.
So, I gain my fair share after CN. It doesn't matter if it is clean or dirty, if I eat all day or do the CNS protocol. So, I do what I want. LOL

Paulette, you will get that 5 plus off in no time. Do you test for ketones?
I had my CN on 7-2, back on 7-3, and then CN (cheat day) on 7-4. I didn't plan it well at all. It was okay, I got right back on and did some IF and was able to lose the big gain plus I think .5 more.

Glad to see you hear Peggy. Paulette has done well with CNS also, and she has struggled with a long stall too.

Yoohooo, where are you Chrissie? Hope you are doing well.

Keep, keeping on CN peeps!
Rox
  #120   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-16, 07:00

Talking i'm baaaaack.......

good morning ladies!!!!
i am back from vaca, all tan & happy
i had a nice & hefty 6.9 lb gain.....the price you pay for a week of sun & fun
but i already had a decent 1.7 lb loss this morning, so i am back on track & ready to rock

i am all caught up with reading your posts, and you all seem to be doing really well
PAULETTE......glad your rump roast was delicious, and i'm glad to hear you had a good time with your aunt
PEGGY.......welcome!!
ROX.......lol...i am like you....on CN days "i do what i want yo!!"

have a totally tubular tuesday people!!