Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-16, 18:01

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Lightbulb rox....

i know what you mean about the CN's.....there is SO much socializing stuff going on in the summertime
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 07:01
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Down 1# to 185 today. I hope I get to 184 tomorrow because it's CN again. A month of flirting with 186 is long enough.
  #138   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 07:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Nice job Peggy!

Good morning everyone.

Copied from my journal today:
192.5, up 5, this is my normal
192.0, down .5
191.0, down 1.0
190.0, down 1.0
189.5, down .5 where are my 2.0 losses this week?
189.0, down .5
188.0, down 1.0

CN is today. I am up .5 from last Saturday CN, so a gain for me this week.
This is the 4th gain that I have experienced since starting CNS 5 months ago. When looking back at my weeks when TOM is about to start, I have had gains. So, with TOM being 24 days late as of today, I hope that it is the case again and will be here in the next week.

I also have noticed this week that the leg cramps have not been as severe as normal. This leads me to believe that I am holding onto extra water also.

I have Olivia from 11-5 today. Love my girl! I will take her to lunch of her choice today. Dinner will be a South. https://www.google.com/#q=south+restaurant+sacramento

Have a great Saturday everyone.
  #139   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 08:29

Cool good morning all!!

PAULETTE......miss you GF!! hope all is okay

PEGGY.....congrats on leaving mr 186!!

ROX......enjoy your CN, and your time with olivia!!
  #140   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 15:42

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been busy.

ROX - I am also not down to my last per-CN weight. I am still almost 2 lbs over. But I will not be waiting until Wednesday - tonight we have been invited out with friends and I have decided to do my weekly CN tonight, even though I am not back down to low. So This is a non-losing week for me, too. Oh well. Life happens.

PEGGY - congrats on getting to 185!!!!

BUDY - I was having big-time female hormonal problems this past winter and my weight went up tremendously every month, along with pretty bad edema, and a long stint of constant bleeding. I became quite anemic because of it. They found fibroids and I finally had my ovaries removed!!!!! I have been in menopause ever since and I DO NOT miss having TOM 1 single bit, I tell you! I am 53 yrs old and it was about time! But I have not found any problems with it. I hope you can start seeing some losses soon. You won't see quick weight loss with CNS, but it can help you in other ways. I found it has allowed me to have a more realistic and healthy relationship with carbs. I can now enjoy life's celebrations. As long as I follow my LC the rest of the week, I no longer have to worry about gaining uncontrollably. And it is nice to see an occasional drop in weight.

CHRISSIE - Thank you and all is OK! I hope all is well with you and Congrats for squeaking into the 50's!!!! May you STAY there and go lower!

As for me, I will do my CN tonight and be happy. I will go with the flow and keep the weekly CNs.

Have a great weekend all!!!!
  #141   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 16:12

BF:

You are so right Paulette, life does happen. This is why I love CNS. We can celebrate (when we plan) with our family and friends and do not feel deprived.
Enjoy your CN.

Thank Chrissie!
  #142   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-16, 09:37

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Good Morning all!

I am up 2.8 from my CN last night. I am glad it was not too high! Last week's was a high one and I never did get back to square. So I am very hopeful this week will not disappoint me.

I am not hungry yet and this was always normal for me after a CN. This did not happen last week! And I wonder why? Last week I was terribly hungry after the CN. Today, I am not. My dinner last night was quite carby, though, and maybe that is the difference? Because last week it was not. I ate steak and veggies last week with brownies at night and had quite a bit of fat. And had a big gain! Last night we had a fish fry with coleslaw, rye bread and fries. Again lots of fat. Then at night I had some blueberry muffins. The whole thing was a heck of a lot more carbs and fat than last week, but I only had a small gain....

Oh well! Our bodies are very strange things!!!! They react quite strangely and unpredictably!!!

I hope you are all having a great day. Enjoy the weekend! Have fun CNs!
  #143   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-16, 09:43
Patience Personified

Not a bad bounce, Paulette! You can get it off this week easily. I had to have a benign ovarian tumor removed late 2014 and my hormones are a mess, too. But honestly, ovarian tumors release all kinds of hormonal imbalances themselves, so they were surely messed up before the surgery. Man, I don't miss periods either, But I'm 67 and have been in menopause for around 12 years now. It's sheer heaven being rid of the monthly bloating and cramps hassles.

I lost another pound!!!! I weighed in at 184 today (CN)!! Adios 186, FINALLY!!! Been trying to ♫♫Wash that man right outta my hair♫♫ for over a month!

We're not eating out tonight because Lance is off on Sunday's doing his tabletop wargaming in Austin. We're working our way backward to Saturday CN's as we juggled it around for our anniversary. I'm planning a nice carb-y meal at home tonight, with dessert and some late night popcorn slathered in butter.

Have a nice day today, everyone!
  #144   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-16, 10:33

Plan: Carb Nite
Stats: 256/175/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Well I didn't gain any weight after CN, a miracle. And on day two was down over a pound. I'm now a pound under where I started in April after my menopause induced 20lb gain. I had a 2 day period this weekend which is probably related. I hope it keeps going because this is such a livable plan. I was out of carbs I wanted to eat by the end of Friday night. I really think I could do this all the time which is great. I may not be in Jimmy Moore style permanent ketosis but I can live this way and that's what matters.

I think I mentioned this but I also do intermittent fasting most days. I skip breakfast, I'm just not hungry and appreciate being able to eat more later.

Britt
  #145   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-16, 17:20

Cool hello!!

stable mabel this morning

PAULETTE.....hey busy lady
that was a great CN gain!! less than 3 lbs is awesome

PEGGY....."♫♫Wash that man right outta my hair♫♫".....lol awesome!! you're a a song quoter like me!! but how'd ya' get those notes?? i'm jealy
congrats on another loss

BUDY.....no gain after CN? lucky!! [to quote napoleon dynamite]
i don't think i'll ever have a non-gain cn

ROX....i second that emotion
'welcome

have a good night all!!
  #146   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-16, 19:52

BF:

Congrats Paulette on the smaller bounce. You can get that off and a little more to make up for last week.

Congrats Budy on no gain after CN. You are going to have a great week for a loss.

Yayyyyyy Peggy! 184, is awesome. Hope you enjoy your CN.

Chrissie, nothing wrong with stable Mable.

I was up 3.5 this morning. Much better than the normal 4.5 to 5.5 I normally gain. Not sure why. Seems no rhyme or reason with me.

Have a great night all.
Rox
  #147   ^
Old Mon, Aug-01-16, 07:19

Unhappy mornin' all......

yesterday was not a CN......it was an all-out pig-out whats-wrong-with-me day. a 3.9 lb gain
boredom & weather & stupidity are the culprits
nothing but protein shakes today for me......no solid food
i need a cleanout!!!
i'm so mad at myself
  #148   ^
Old Mon, Aug-01-16, 08:25
Patience Personified

Man, I bounced 5# on CN last night! Never done THAT before. My typical is 1-2, 3 tops. I had Chinese though, and sodium is my nemesis.

Chrissie, it is one of the ASCII ALT characters. I learned about them way back in 1980 when I learned Wordperfect software. Had to have a lot of them in my job.

This chart isn't complete, but the biggest one I've ever found: http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/altchrc.html
So single notes are ALT+13 and double notes are ALT+15.
ALT+0186 is the ºdegrees symbol for recipe typing and weather temps. ALT+0162 is the ¢ symbol. I use those two a lot and they're not on the chart.
Be sure you use your numeric keypad and that it's in NumLock mode or these won't work right.

A BIG CONGRATS! to you Budy, on no gain after CN. I had just a 1# gain one time (I started in April) but usually have 2# bounces.

Paulette, you had a small bounce this time, too. WTG
  #149   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-16, 07:09

Lightbulb peggy......

thank you!!! so much fun to play with! my postings will be much more creative now
  #150   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-16, 08:10
Patience Personified

Grrr. Weighed 188 today, so although my diuretic dropped nearly 3# water for me, I've put 2# water right back on eating turkey. Roasted a turkey yesterday for dinner and it was injected with a 2% sodium and sugar-laden broth. Lance did the grocery shopping on this occasion and never reads lables. Grrrr. Riverside brand just lost me as a customer for life. Butterball uses an 8% solution!! but at least theirs has no sugar in it. Grrrr. I'm convinced the food industry (Cargill in this case) is trying to keep us all fat and/or dead. Grrrrrr.

So once again, Sodium 1; Peggy 0

I've been playing this game for 7 years now and it is really getting tiresome.