Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 07:35

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Cool happy saturday morning!!

PAULETTE.....congrats on your whoosh!! that's great that you are in a good spot going into the next CN

ROX.....i'm so glad to hear you are doing and feeling better
have fun at the fair!

i was stable yesterday, and a tiny 0.4 bounce up this morning

have a great day everyone!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 07:46

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good morning all

Have a great Saturday!

I'm off to work overtime this weekend, but wanted to pop in as I haven't had a chance to for a bit.

I'm doing good. Think I've recovered from my modified vacation protocol as I saw a drop this morning. Might extend my CN to later in the week to accommodate a birthday celebration. We shall see.
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 10:45

Lightbulb lianne....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezlelee
Good morning all

Have a great Saturday!

I'm off to work overtime this weekend, but wanted to pop in as I haven't had a chance to for a bit.

I'm doing good. Think I've recovered from my modified vacation protocol as I saw a drop this morning. Might extend my CN to later in the week to accommodate a birthday celebration. We shall see.

congrats on your drop!
sorry you have to work
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 06:14

Cool happy blessed sunday!!

enjoy your day people!!!
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 08:01

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Good morning. Weight is the same for me today. It will be a nice day in the 70's, so I will take advantage and do some weeding today.

Yesterday I was able to buy a bunch of chicken thighs for only 69¢/lb! Looks like we will be grilling thighs tonight. I have enough chicken thighs now to last a very long time!

You all have a great day!
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 08:02

BF:

Congrats on your drop Lianne!
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 08:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Good morning everyone!

I had another huge gain after CN, 5.5 this morning. Not sure why I gain so much. Oh well, I will get it off and hopefully some more.

Chicken thighs on the menu here today too Paulette.

Congrats Lianne on your drop.

Enjoy your day too Chrissie!
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-16, 07:37

Cool happy monday!!

ROX......you and i are in the same boat; my CN gain from yesterday is 5.6 lbs . i gain about this same amount every time......i guess 'cuz i make the most out of my foodfest!
i'm not worried......i should have it off before the next CN, which is on saturday; i'm sure you will too

PAULETTE.......stable is good, but i hope you see a drop this morning!
can you please come visit me and weed my garden?

i hope you both enjoy your thighs

have a grand & glorious day everyone!!!
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-16, 09:43

BF:

Good morning

I am still the same this morning. I believe I will do my CN tonight, too. We will be in town and I can have my Mexican food. So CN will start around 4pm tonight. I don't have any dessert planned, so I may run to Walgreen's today an pick up some cookies or something for bedtime.

Chrissie and Rox, there were times I had a big 6 lb gain, too. I think it was because I drank an awful lot of fluids during the CN, so it just built up. This last CN I did not do that. That is the only explanation I had for it. But as we all know, it drops of in a whoosh or 2 a few days later. Sometimes it takes as long as 4 days for me. Sometimes it leaves in 2. And I always seem to eat the same amount of carbs - 300 some. So there seems to be no set time frame for the whooshes. Some weeks I drop a lb. Some weeks nothing! But one thing I am keeping track of closely is my calories....

The CNs bring up the calorie average quite a bit. I am trying to balance this by doing very low cals every other day. It is easy for me the day after a CN because I am never hungry, so a good fasting day should help a lot. I guess my new experiment is similar the the JUDDD program, except I am not going to go under 500 cals. That is extreme for me and I don't think I can do that. Maybe the day after a CN would be the easiest day. but I am not sure I can do it every other day!

Eating a ketogenic diet makes it hard to go that low in cals. I would have to go low fat, too, and I don't want to do that. So I will see how it goes. If I can do around 800 cals every other day, I would be content. The other days I can eat regular LC, but not too high in cals. My suggested maintenance calorie level is 1917 right now. That is high. I had been trying to maintain 1200 cals daily. But I should eat more than that. I just want to get a good deficit in there. And I hope that by doing this I can lose a little faster...

I will still continue with CNS, though. I think the extra boost the CN gives is good for me. But it seems my weekly calories are a little high when I average everything out. This "fast" every other day may be just what I need.

I will try it out for a few weeks. You will all know how it goes, and if it is even sustainable for me.

Have a great day all!
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-16, 09:48

Lightbulb paulette......

enjoy your mexican fiesta CN tonight!!!!!
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 06:32

Cool good morning people!!

THE scale didn't budge.....bummer

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY!!!
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 07:38

BF:

Good morning! I am up only 1.6 lbs from yesterday's CN. Once again, a very small gain. I suppose because I did not have too many carbs - closer to 100-some. I read somewhere that for a CN this should be a minimum as the brain can use up 100g in a day. I believe it was a Keifer statement? Well, I hope it was enough to keep my hormones cycling, though.

Today I am trying a fast. Not a total fast, but a very low cal fast. I am aiming for less than 600 cals today. Just to kick myself into fat-losing gear. AND to try and maintain a deficit! Like I said yesterday, as I looked back and ran some averages, I found my calories were not at a good losing deficit for the past month. They were under my daily limit, but not by much. So thus my experiment with fasting. If I can do a low cal day every other day for the next few weeks, I should be able to get my caloric average down to a reasonable losing deficit.

My normal eating days I am going to try and get at least 1400-1500 calories. That is sometimes difficult for me. But if I eat more cheese and drink more cream I should be able to do it. Put more mayo in my tuna. That sort of thing.

Wish me luck. I am doing tuna on spinach today and yogurt shakes made with Silk Cashew Milk. The Walden Farms products will come in handy today. I hope I don't get too hungry. I normally don't after a CN, but we shall see and I'll let you know if it was doable for me. If I can't, at least I can keep the cals down to a lower than normal level, and that will help. The goal is to not go too low for days in a row - keep them up & down every other day. This is supposed to keep your body from thinking you are trying to starve it. The up day/down day theory. I shall give it a try. I like to experiment!

Have a good day all!
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 07:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Good morning everyone.

Sorry the scale didn't budge for you today Chrissie. I will sometimes have a gain 2 days post CN, and then stay the same 3 days post CN. Then it will start coming off 2-3 pounds at a time. No rhyme or reason it seems. I am sure that you will have a good drop in the morning.

Paulette, I did some IF last week because of my 8 pound gain from the two carb days. I am sure that with only eating once a day that my calories were low, not sure what they were as I do not track. The only issue that I had was I was fighting headaches all week. Not sure if it was due to the IF or something else. I hope that it works for you. I will be watching from the side lines, cheering you on.

I had a tooth pulled, (well, it turned out to be cut out) yesterday, so I am home today. I will be drinking EAS and Atkins shakes today and maybe tomorrow. He said soft foods like soup, and pasta. Well, that doesnt work for me at all. I think that I might try some soft scrambled eggs tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.
Rox
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-16, 08:00

Lightbulb

PAULETTE......that's a nice small gain! good for you . and good luck!!

ROX......thanks; fingers crossed
i'm sorry about your tooth, but those types of things DO tend to keep us out of the bad cabinets
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-16, 06:59

BF:

Hello everyone I am down a lb today, so the week is looking good for me. Only .6 lbs to get to my pre-CN weight. I hope to reach a new low this week!

My fast yesterday went very well! I did not get overly hungry. I ate a small piece of steamed cod for lunch, and had 2 tall glasses of Silk Cashew Milk with 1/4 cup of yogurt each and some WF Chocolate Syrup. That seemed to fill me enough for the day. I had another 1/2 cup of yogurt planned for bedtime, but I never ate it, leaving me with only 367 calories for the day.

Today is my higher calorie day. I have about 1600 calories planned for the day. I hope I can eat them all. Coffee & cream for breakfast, bacon & eggs for lunch, and a big spinach salad with Italian meats and cheeses for dinner. I have 2 leftover brats in the fridge for a snack. Or I can have a couple slices of cheese. That will keep the calories up there for the day. I read it is very important to get enough calories in on your eating days. It should be around your maintenance level. (My maintenance level for my GOAL weight is about 1700 calories - for my current weight it is about 1900 calories!!!) I don't think I can hit that level unless I drink pure cream or something. I hope my 1600 calories will be enough.

Funny how it is so easy for me to go way over the caloric limit on CN days, but it is difficult on LC days. The addition of carbs in the form of breads, flour, grains, sugar, etc really packs on the calories. Add fat to that and the 2000+ mark is EASILY reached! When eating LC, the only way to reach that level is to eat pure fat, and I am not a great lover of adding excess fat. I just don't like it that much. I can cook with butter, but I do not glob it on my food. Never did like it that much. But since I try not to go overboard on the protein (for keto reasons), fat is the only other nutrient I have available to add. I am disgusted by the thought of Fat Bombs. gross. And one can only put so much mayo in their tuna. For me, the only fat I like in itself seems to be cream. And It is easy to get in extra cream. There is no such thing as too much cream.

I hope you all have a great day today! Sunny for us today (well, a storm might rumble through later). I need to go out in the pool before it comes.