Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 06:22

Plan: CAD
Stats: 230/219/140
BF:
Progress: 12%
Question from atkins to cad

Hi all, I am a little curious and concern, has anyone made the change from atkins to cad? and if so how did it work for you, I see that I have gain a pound since this weekend and I started CAD on Friday. I am thinking since I went from 20gm of carbs or less to adding more carbs at RM that a couple of pounds is to be expected at first, then I am hoping that my body will adjust and start losing steadily, those rewards meals are still a little confusing, is there anything that is not allowed during the reward meal, I am desperate and I don't want to mess up I really want to find something that will work for me long term and I want to enjoy the journey, thanks for any response you guys are great
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 10:14

Plan: CALP
Stats: 226/205.5/185
BF:
Progress: 50%

I just switched Friday too, and have also gained a pound. I was a little annoyed.....the CAD sounds so much more liveable on a long-term basis, and to tell the truth, I have found on Atkins that unless I live on 20 carbs a day, I don't lose weight. How 'bout you???? Let's share our experiences as we go forward, eh???

#3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 12:20

Plan: CAD
Stats: 230/219/140
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default ATKINS TO CAD

I think my problem is that I am trying to combine the two diets , my thinking is I already eat a low carb breakfast and lunch, getting a RM would be great!!! I did however over do it on the second day but I realize I can't do that and lose weight too, I do have a question for anyone who is on CAD, are we only allowed 3 meals per day and absolutely no snacking if you are on the entry level plan, because I have a lowcarb shake and almonds and candy bar that I just bought on Friday and I definitely don't want to throw them away.and how about supplements, are they required? I want to find a plan that will work for me, I have a couple of co-workers here that are on Atkins and they are doing wonderful, I started a couple of weeks before one of my co-workers and she has already bypass me on the weight loss and I don't drink all the coffee and cream that they use, I was trying to be very, very careful and I was even doing a low aerobic work out 2 times per day and I still only managed to lose 7lbs in a month,and that 7lbs was in the first week and nothing thereafter, , so I became frustrated and I want to find a plan that will work for me and this one allows me to eat dinner with my son and not have to cook seperate meals. I just pray that it works because I am desperate, I am tired of all of this weight. Hope you guys don't mind me venting