Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-12, 03:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%
Default ladies - breast size query?!!

I lost weight over 9 years ago and it actually caused me to go into early monopause - something to do with eastrogen and fat cells!? I was late 30s/40! However, thats not the issue, when I lost weight all those years ago, my boobs were the first things to go and I was left with the bags they came in - little floppy bits of skin (not pretty if left unaided lol).

Anyway, I then gained a bit back until recently I went back onto full induction and I've luckily lost the weight again - however, my boobs havent got small this time and, altho I'm thrilled that I still have some, eventho they hang a bit lower than they should lol, the rest of me is now down to where it was before. I just wondered why I still have breasts - I'm pleased, but is this a post menopause thing?? Will they stay with me forever now?? My old tops dont fit anymore!?

Jo xxx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-12, 14:45
Absurdtive

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%

I can't really speak to the menopause issue, but I can tell you that I do still have breasts even after weight loss. I am still a 34DDD, down from a 44DD. I doubt that they will disappear completely for me. Perhaps the fact that you lost this weight more slowly is making a difference for you? Hormones such as estrogen are stored in fat cells, so quick weight loss can cause a large and sudden hormone release.

--Melissa
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-12, 15:11

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Jo: I lost 35lbs after menopause and still have full breasts. They're smaller now, 34C, and they certainly appreciate the help of a good bra, but I like 'em better than before. If they didn't exactly become youthful, then at least they're less matronly. Menopause DOES have several good things going for it, maybe keeping sufficient breast fat after substantial overall weight loss is one of them?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-12, 07:46
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I also went down in size- 34DD from 38DDD, but if anything they look even better after time. I have never had 'perky' breasts so I would not know the difference (LOL)- but it's been 9 years now and holding steady.
E
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-12, 07:57
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojoj
my boobs havent got small this time and, altho I'm thrilled that I still have some, eventho they hang a bit lower than they should lol, the rest of me is now down to where it was before. I just wondered why I still have breasts - I'm pleased, but is this a post menopause thing??
hmmm, i never thought that menopause could contribute to larger breasts.. i'm post menopausal (nearly 60) and my breasts have definitely gotten larger. in fact, in the last 3 yrs, i've gone up a couple of CUP sizes and i eat primarily the human diet.. hardly any carbs.

my back is narrower, but my cups have increased.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-12, 08:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
hmmm, i never thought that menopause could contribute to larger breasts.. i'm post menopausal (nearly 60) and my breasts have definitely gotten larger. in fact, in the last 3 yrs, i've gone up a couple of CUP sizes and i eat primarily the human diet.. hardly any carbs.

my back is narrower, but my cups have increased.
When I wanted the things, they disappeared!!!! I wonder why??? As we're now more mature ladies we dont need them, yet here they are!!

Jo xxx
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-12, 09:17

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

A bit off topic - it's good to hear about menopausal women losing weight successfully. I've been feeling so defeated recently.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-12, 10:49
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyLC
A bit off topic - it's good to hear about menopausal women losing weight successfully. I've been feeling so defeated recently.

Try not to allow it to get to you.

I hit menopause a few months into my weight loss back in 2004. I lost all my weight being in menopause and have kept it all off since then. It feels to me like, without my monthly hormonal hell, things got much easier.

As for my boobs, I used to be a 38-40 D cup....now wear a 34 DD....much better fit for my cup size. I'm older so my sag factor is a big factor too.
A good (minimizer)bra makes a big difference!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-12, 12:45

BF:

Thanks Judynyc.

I meant to say in my first post that mine are definitely bigger. I don't like it. I want to get back in 34s. I wonder if it's even possible.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-12, 14:36
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyLC
I meant to say in my first post that mine are definitely bigger. I don't like it. I want to get back in 34s. I wonder if it's even possible.
do let us know if your breasts ever reduce.. i have been to plastic surgeons, getting prices for a reduction.. i don't like my enormous size, either.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-12, 09:34

BF:

I'll let you know Pilotgal. It won't happen if I don't cultivate some discipline.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 02:08

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojoj
When I wanted the things, they disappeared!!!! I wonder why??? As we're now more mature ladies we dont need them, yet here they are!!

Jo xxx

Well, I wouldn't say that I don't need them! What I will say is that I've lost to goal 3x now. The first time I was at my highest weight ever, so had much more to lose (70+ lbs). I also lost the weight much faster because I did not follow the carb ladder. I pretty much stayed near induction until I got to goal. I lost two cup sizes the first time. I was NOT happy (and neither was dh ). Guess I gained the boob weight back during both re-gains because I'm pretty much the same size as before now in cup size. The next 2x to goal I had much less to lose because I caught myself before I gained too, too much. I also payed more attention to following the carb ladder and adding foods back in, so it was a slower process to get to goal.

I think age, speed of weight loss and amount of weight loss are probably all factors. I haven't hit menopause yet (though may be close?), so not so sure whether that's a factor. It definitely wasn't my second time to goal.