Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-11, 04:55

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Question of the week: What motivates you as a maintainer?

You often hear people say that it was the watching that number on the scale go down each week, that keep them motivated as they lost weight. So what happens when that number is no longer on a downward trend? What motivates you to keep going now that you're no longer getting that buzz from the scale?

What motivates you as a maintainer?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-11, 04:59

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

To be honest, I still do get a bit of a buzz out of seeing the numbers on the scale stay more or less the same every week.

I did find it hard at first though. I admit that it took a while for me not to be disappointed that the number didn’t continue to go down, even though I’d reached the goal weight I was happy with. But gradually, that changed and I now take great satisfaction in seeing the numbers stay within the limits I’d set.

For me though, the best motivation is a desire to continue to feel better, look good, and still be able to fit into my smaller clothes.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-11, 10:55
Sugar Free & Sober!

Plan: Atkins/maintenance
Stats: 186/155/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 67%

My motivation is the fact that it took 7 long months to lose the weight I had to lose and it wasn't easy. I often come here and look at my before pic. Terrible time in my life. I was the highest weight I had ever been, drinking daily and ruining my life. I had lost control of everything.
It would be nice to have the scales drop and they do from time to time but they go back up. It's nice to have control over my life now, with my weight and the drinking.
That's why my title is "sugar free and sober" and Im very proud of that!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-11, 16:44
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I think that for me, my fear of gaining it all back and returning to the life I lived when morbidly obese, keeps me on my path of maintenance.
For me, it was living in my own self created hell. Not a place I ever want to visit, let alone live, again.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-11, 09:18

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I still don't own a scale

But the thrill of putting on jeans from the back of the drawer never gets old!

Even though they are now in the front of the drawer.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-11, 21:17
Registered Member

Plan: my own design
Stats: 258/189/205 Male 6' 3"
BF:?/12%/15%
Progress: 130%

1) Health reasons. My obesity was starting to cause some serious health problems. If I regain all the weight which I have lost I don't think I will live as long as I would like. I have no idea what my maximum weight was since I was too scared to weigh myself at that time.

2) Running: I used to be able to run marathons. People used to laugh when I told them that I used to regularly go for 20 mile runs. I am hoping if things continue to improve that I can do long distance running again. I have tried a two mile run and it was easy, my body can do more.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-11, 17:02
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I want to continue to feel as good as I feel- so I stay OP.
I also like all the clothes I have and would like to stay the same size- it's a lot more fun being a size 6/8 than a 16/18.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-11, 13:29

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

So many people have watched me lose, get healthy, start working out, etc. Quite a few are LC naysyers. I cannot regain and let them be proved right, that LC is just a fad.

Plus, frankly, life is so much better when you are comfortable in your own skin. I love my life now. Losing weight really did change my life, completely.