Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-10, 12:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/124/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 127%
Default Plastic Surgery, Body Lifts Post Weight Loss?

Hello folks,

I used the search function using various phrases and couldn't find any discussions on this topic. I'm sure they are here somewhere!

Has anyone reached their goal weight, maintained it for 6-12 months, and arranged for plastic surgery to remove loose skin?

Although I'm not a "100 pound +" loser, I have had enough loose skin to have to cover it up or cinch it up. My final weight was good for my body frame, but the loose skin made me look anorexic to other people. I personally did not like it and actually gained some weight back to reduce the effect.

I prefer to be at my goal weight.

I'm looking for discussion about various body lifts, primarily arms, abdomen, but am also interested in leg and breast lifts.

Who's had it? Who's happy? Who isn't? recovery times? Costs?

Many thanks

Last edited by CooknCajun : Sun, Jul-18-10 at 12:53. Reason: Subject clarification
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-10, 05:06

Plan: eat fat get thin
Stats: 323/135/150 Female 5'8
BF:49.2/21.7/22.8
Progress: 109%

i'm getting a thigh lift in april.2011. most of my weight was in my thighs and it took a big hit mostly the inner part so i still have 19 more pounds to go but i be at goal by then. a bit soon but it the only time i can get off with out have to prolong it for a another year and i really would like to wear a bikini next summer!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-10, 06:12
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

I'm having a breast reduction and lift, and an abdominoplasty with lip in two months...I will let you know how it goes when it's over
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-10, 13:45
Induction ≠ Atkins

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

I haven't had a breast lift, but I had a major reduction a few years back. I went from an I (yes...there is such a thing) down to a C. In the years following, I went back up to a DDD, but am now holding steady in a DD.

The surgery was the best thing I've done for myself. While it was major (took 9 hours), it was worth it. I was pretty much cut from armpit to between each breast. There was an incision under each breast, and then an anchor cut (they cut completely around your nipple, and then down the center of the breast starting from the nipple working downward). I believe they removed nearly 9lbs. The first weeks were rough only because you can't lift your arms - elbows are NOT to go above shoulder height (which makes washing hair a fun fun task). I felt fine about 2 days post op. The cost was about 18k, but my insurance fully covered it because of the nature of the reduction (I roughly remember that it would need to be 1lb or more removed in order for the insurance to determine it a medical need...I had a paper trail of back complaints stemming from my knockers before even trying to get it through insurance...lol).

Now...I won't sugar coat it. It might not be that easy for everyone. I have a REALLY high pain tolerance, and do not take any pain medication at all as it makes me violently ill. I had major spinal surgery in February and did take a drop of pain meds, and was up and around as if nothing had happened withing 3 days. I actually had to fly across the country to take care of my father 10 days post up...I wasn't even supposed to be out of bed at that point.