Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 13:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/250/200
BF:
Progress: 33%
Red face has anyone else noticed this?

I've been on the Atkins now for a week and its great. i feel better than i have in a long time. its the easiest diet ever to stick to. i cant get enough of king prawns and chicken fried in garlic butter. For those who miss fizzy drinks, I can heartily recommend diet tonic water, no caffeine, no carbs.

I have noticed though that my sense of smell has improved!! I was wondering if anyone else has found this?? and also I am finding that I am sleeping much more soundly as well. is this common?

also, will things work any faster if i just stay on the induction diet for longer than the two weeks?

i am greatly in debt to Dr. Atkins. He deserves a Nobel prize.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 14:28
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Before LC I had to blow my nose constantly. For me, wheat sensitivity is what clogs my nasal passages. If I eat anything with flour now, I immediately get a stuffy nose. But you could have sensitivity to something else.

Yep. Sleeping like a rock is one of the great benefits.
Quote:
also, will things work any faster if i just stay on the induction diet for longer than the two weeks?

i am greatly in debt to Dr. Atkins. He deserves a Nobel prize.

No. And you risk the threat of boredom. Please give the doc his due and read the OWL and maintenance chapters. You want to make this a way of life. With doing it quickly, you don't give yourself enough time to develop the habits and mind-set that make it a way of life. Without putting in the time, it becomes andother quick weight loss scheme.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 14:30
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 255.5/244.7/148
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Just investigating site

I am not familiar with computers--lost 44#'s in past on Adkins--want to start soon after gaining most of weight back--like this site thiink it will help if I can learn how to nagivate it. Hang in with me while I try.
Thanks
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 16:28
Registered Member

Plan: FatLocity (as of 10 March 02)
Stats: 291/276/175
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default My allergies have gone

My sense of smell has improved for sure because I no longer have a constantly blocked sinus.

I bought a kitten home 6 months ago and discovered that I was allergic to him. I kept the kitten and suffered the blocked nose.

I had never been allergic to any cat or animal before, so it was weird.

Now, nose is clear and Monster (my cat) and I are happily cohabitating.

Kim