Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#496   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-18, 06:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

DE, a holiday coming up?? huh huh what holiday LOL I have no clue other than St Pat. in March? I tell ya when I quit all the work stuff I have lost all track of days and months ugh HA

Great savings on tires, good deal on that for your wallet

JO, yea you would think the dummies that hold their jobs would dole out compliments and 'keep' people (good sound great working people) on their side to cover for them, not be skimpy with compliments and be a shifty type and more. Wow I worked with all kinds of people and I have to say many couldn't do their jobs they were hired for! Crazy definitely.

I got days nothing happens, then days where it ALL happens at once? nuts ya know!

Kiddo got new laptop computer instead for Xmas and ditched the phone....but she has a warranty that means a new phone (well, new USED re-furbished one) to her when her's fails....so that is nice, call, they send new refurb phone to her and I send back old one. Done deal. I told her the IPhone is off the list forever, when in college I might get her one but for now her smartphone MotoZ is more than enough. She had a choice, phone or laptop and she took the laptop so that crap is done.
She keeps saying IPhone for b-day and next Xmas and I keep saying NOPE, way too much money, ain't happening, especially when the darn phone she has is like totally the same as the stupid new phone.....omg don't get me riled up please HAHA

Bernie are ya snowed in? Hope all is good in that winter storm!

Hey all
rain rain and more rain. wow, we are a giant swampy mushy squishy place here! and thank heavens it is not snow!

so icky day but heading to Mom's to visit. she might want to go out or not, rain coming down pretty heavy all day they said, so play by ear.

I hope the warriors are doing ok and everyone have a fab day.
Sponsored Links
  #497   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-18, 07:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 20
Stats: 270/260/170 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Newbie

Good Morning from Minnesota - I fortunately happened on lowcarber a few days ago. My name is Gail, I am 66, have Type 2 diabetes, started at a weight of 270 on Monday and committed to improving my health. I chose low and no carb because of a chronic back issue that affects my left side, leg and foot, and even though I have eaten carbs have learned which and how many cause extreme swelling and decrease my mobility even more. My diabetes is controlled, but only because of medication, not because I have been diligent in my way of eating. I am a widow, mother of 3 wonderful married children and 7 amazing grandchildren (but then I imagine all grandchildren are amazing). This forum was recommended to me and I have been perusing the many pages in this thread and hope I will find a good fit and the support I need. I tried cutting out all carbs when I began on Monday, and was successful in the food choices, only to find that I experienced blood sugar lows, so until I see my Doctor in March I am consuming 45 or less carbs a day. This morning I weighed (first time since Monday) and showed a drop of 2 pounds. So happy and encouraged to persevere. Looking forward to sharing with this group.
  #498   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-18, 09:59
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Saturday, 10 February 2018

Happy Saturday, Warriors!!

Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
I don’t DIET. I just eat according to my GOALS!
~ unknown

Onward WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday Morning already! WOW! It's gonna be a great w/e!

Working on my usual w/e "to-do" list of chores, etc. Already got a good chunk of 'em knocked out!

It's really easy pea-sy when one lives alone. When I make a mess, I clean it up as I go. One of the perks of being a neat freak!

Supposed to be mid 70s today and After Imma done with all my chores, I'll be curling up with my book and working on my tan.

I'm currently reading "Q is for Quarry" by Sue Grafton (the author De recommended) and so far it's as fabulous as A - P!

I downloaded all the books to my Kindle (early B'day present to myself)... gosh, I Amazon!

Moving on...
Had my pre-observation evaluation conference with my principal yesterday afternoon. Had all my lil' educational ducks in a row etc and I was there for less than 10 mins!

Imma so NOT stressing over him coming to observe me in my classroom on Tuesday morning. I know what Imma doing and it will go great!

Just another stupid-azz box he and I have to check off for the state mandated teacher evaluation nonsense.

In any case, we've got 19 Days til SPRING!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
We are getting the new tires put on tomorrow. They had to be ordered. We got a really good deal & they were having a big sale.

I didn’t realize there was a holiday coming up. Now I know
Presidents' Day Sale on tires?? Who knew???

Gosh, "they'll" do ANYTHING to make $$$$$ but that's capitalism at its BEST!
Quote:
Don’t envy you on all that snow Bernie. We’ve lived in snow before and I know it can be a PITA.
Ditto! I can't even imagine it to be honest...
Quote:
Have a great weekend my Warrior friends.
You betcha and you too!

When you guys heading out for your beach vaca?

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
DE, a holiday coming up?? huh huh what holiday LOL I have no clue other than St Pat. in March? I tell ya when I quit all the work stuff I have lost all track of days and months ugh HA
Karen you kill me!

Presidents' Day is coming up... week from Monday, doesn't Nicole have that day off too??
Quote:
JO, yea you would think the dummies that hold their jobs would dole out compliments and 'keep' people (good sound great working people) on their side to cover for them, not be skimpy with compliments and be a shifty type and more. Wow I worked with all kinds of people and I have to say many couldn't do their jobs they were hired for! Crazy definitely.
I hear ya! I totally believe lots of bosses are part of the "Peter Principal".

It came out around early 70s. The management theory was that employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence".

Totally explains the people I work for!
Quote:
Kiddo got new laptop computer instead for Xmas and ditched the phone....but she has a warranty that means a new phone (well, new USED re-furbished one) to her when her's fails....so that is nice, call, they send new refurb phone to her and I send back old one. Done deal. I told her the IPhone is off the list forever, when in college I might get her one but for now her smartphone MotoZ is more than enough. She had a choice, phone or laptop and she took the laptop so that crap is done.
She keeps saying IPhone for b-day and next Xmas and I keep saying NOPE, way too much money, ain't happening, especially when the darn phone she has is like totally the same as the stupid new phone.....omg don't get me riled up please HAHA
Oh hell yeah its too much $$$$$ for a friggin' phone. We have kids at school with the latest Iphones... aren't they around a grand or more???

What the hell are the parents thinking? All smart phones basically do the same damn thing, IMHO.
Quote:
rain rain and more rain. wow, we are a giant swampy mushy squishy place here! and thank heavens it is not snow!

so icky day but heading to Mom's to visit. she might want to go out or not, rain coming down pretty heavy all day they said, so play by ear.
Oh man, I know you're miserable with all the nasty weather.

Be a dear and send it MY WAY, we could use the rain!!!!

Hello and Gail!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMN
Good Morning from Minnesota - I fortunately happened on lowcarber a few days ago. My name is Gail, I am 66, have Type 2 diabetes, started at a weight of 270 on Monday and committed to improving my health. I chose low and no carb because of a chronic back issue that affects my left side, leg and foot, and even though I have eaten carbs have learned which and how many cause extreme swelling and decrease my mobility even more. My diabetes is controlled, but only because of medication, not because I have been diligent in my way of eating. I am a widow, mother of 3 wonderful married children and 7 amazing grandchildren (but then I imagine all grandchildren are amazing). This forum was recommended to me and I have been perusing the many pages in this thread and hope I will find a good fit and the support I need. I tried cutting out all carbs when I began on Monday, and was successful in the food choices, only to find that I experienced blood sugar lows, so until I see my Doctor in March I am consuming 45 or less carbs a day. This morning I weighed (first time since Monday) and showed a drop of 2 pounds. So happy and encouraged to persevere. Looking forward to sharing with this group.
HUGE Congrats on your 2 lbs loss!

Wishing you continued success!

You didn't say which LC WOE you are doing.

I've found thru many decades of stupid yo-yo LC dieting that the only way I can remain successful is to stay around 5-6 carbs a day with no cheats ever which is A '72 Induction.

I have a carb metabolic disorder which prevents me from being able to eat carbs. I have maintained my weight loss for a little more than 4 years now.

I haven't climbed the "carb ladder" b/c it's a slippery slope for me and I don't want to risk all the hard work I've put in to doing this.

This WOE + IF (one meal a day) has helped me to kick all my food related issues to the curb. I am so grateful for that!

A little about myself. I have two grown DDs who live in Phnx. One married, one single and neither have children or want them. I have a 17 yo grandson who lives with his mother (my son died at 24 in 2004) whom I see rarely b/c his mother only allows us the rare visit.

I will be 59 yo on my next b'day, Imma currently single, was married for 19 years. I am a middle school teacher and can retire anytime. I figure when the BS level exceeds the Fun/love level that will be the time.

I've lived all over Europe b/c my dad was US AF and my ex was US Army... I am currently in south central New Mexico and will move to Phnx to live close to my DDs when I eventually retire from my teaching gig.
  #499   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-18, 10:14

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Helloooooooo Warriors!

As far as I know the holiday has nothing to do with the sale on tires I did get a text telling me no school for DGS on that Monday due to the holiday. They are also off on Thursday & Friday for some reason.... I will be on vacation by then.

I am now reading a Tess Gerritsen book. She writes the Rizzoli & Isles series. Good books. Another author to add to your list if you haven’t already read them, Jo.

Karen, don’t try to send your kid to school on Presidents’ Day, a week from Monday....

Bernie, hope all is well with you in all that snow. Staying off the road is a good idea, hope that worked out for you.

Welcome GailMN...wishing you much success. Do you plan on doing Atkins72 Induction? It’s a great WOE.

Warrior on...

Last edited by DelaneyLC : Sat, Feb-10-18 at 22:26.
  #500   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-18, 11:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diabetes Revolutio
Stats: 205/173/150 Female 12
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hello everyone!

So glad I found this group as I'm getting ready to do the '72 Atkins program. I even cleared out all the non-compliant foods from the house!

But I've hit a roadblock: I've discovered I have a dairy allergy. The two things that I like the dairy taste in are coffee and jello.

Does anyone have any suggestions for replacements that would be compliant with the program?

I know, logically, that this is a small thing but it's making me feel a bit panicky about starting the program without these little 'treats'.

Help!

p.s. I also gained 5 lbs in one week due to my menstrual cycle and I'm wondering how long it takes for that water weight to come off. Is there a section on the boards where I could find discussions of this nature?

Last edited by jane x : Sat, Feb-10-18 at 11:11.
  #501   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-18, 11:42
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Greetings to all I haven't met before today. Can't remember if I've posted on this thread before, but now that I'm doing M, I need the extra help Jo always gives so freely. Jo, you're still the Champ! Seems my body needs VLC to stay where I want to be.

GailMN, there are great people here who will do all they/we can to encourage you to lasting good health. I see that you're short like me. Well, many of us here are on the shortish side. We're proof that all things are possible. We may never be "willowy" but we'll be healthy.
  #502   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-18, 14:08
Registered Member

BF:

So fun reading all the posts, I am going to LOVE it here! To answer a few questions, I read the 4 page info that Just Jo posted regarding Atkins 72. I am not able to follow the first week of zero carbs because I am a Type 2 diabetic on medication. I have been eating low carb and I mean low, compared to what I had been consuming. I began on Monday, 2/5/18. I have settled at between 15 and 45 carbs a day, I know that is a big swing, but I don't see my Doctor until March and twice this last week suffered a blood sugar low, so until I see about decreasing my meds, I will be consuming carbs, just trying to keep it as low as possible. I want to follow the A72 WOE.
DelaneyLC, I loved Rizzoli and Isles and was so bummed when it ended. I will have to check out the author. I am reading the Poldark series by Winston Graham.

Just Jo - thank you for the warm welcome. My oldest child (son) teaches middle school science and his wife teaches middle school math. My other daughter in law is the assistant principal at our local high school. I have lots of teachers in my family.

Bluesinger - I am the oldest of 7 children, 3 girls, four boys, I am the shortest, my sisters, 5'7 and 5'9 and all my brother over 6 feet. Hmmm, guess someone had to be the shortest.

My first goal in going low carb is to lose 50 pounds. I have a chronic back issue that prevents me doing so many things I want to do. I have seen a neuro surgeon he would like me to lose 50 pounds before surgery, this because of the diabetes and overall improvement in health for speedier recovery. I am determined. Enjoy your evening!
  #503   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-18, 14:49

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Welcome Gail! I use unsweetened almond milk for dairy in quiches. I don’t use cheese 🧀 at all!
Well 12 inches of snow ❄️ on Friday! 3 more today and 2-5 tomorrow! It’s is like Groundhog Day everyday lately shovel wait a few hours and then do it again!
Going to take a nap 😴!
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #504   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-18, 16:24
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Bernie 2014 - are you near Sandwich or Sugar Grove IL? I have family in both towns. My sister in Sandwich insists she is loving the snow and the shoveling - hmmm, I like the snow, but definitely not the shoveling.
  #505   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 05:24

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI to all the new folks to the thread.

We are A72 Induction food only eaters

Anything off this list is not what we do. Just to understand that our thread is all about A72 induction food list to bring you down to biological zero carb as Dr A calls it and we followers of this menu were all lost, on our last dregs of 'trying' to diet and found that Dr A, A72 original Induction food list is what helped us move forward. I wish everyone success!!

JO, Prez day? sure forgot about that, after I posted I was thinking Valentines Day but it isn't a holiday to me LOL and I just couldn't think....omgosh I am so sick of holiday after holiday coming at me

Rain like crazy outside.
bleck

not sure what is on the agenda today.

just playing this day by ear I guess

today I am having a nice bacon and cheese omelet for brunch time and having some nice sautéed chicken in alfredo sauce for dinner. Will be a fine eating day here

great day all
  #506   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 07:01
Registered Member

BF:

I do understand when you state that this group is an induction food only eaters group. I have stated from the beginning why I have veered from the concept and have added minimal carbs, but my goal is to be at carb zero. I looked into this group at the suggestion of someone but I feel I should look for a different group that better fits my present needs. My intent was for help and support, not to circumvent the basis of the group. Good Luck to all of you in your journey.
  #507   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 07:21
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

That seemed very unwelcoming to me, to, Gail. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be. However, I've found great help and support here:
Dr. Bernstein and Diabetes

Also:
Dr. Jason Fung. The Obesity Code

We all work hard to support each other on this journey. You are welcome.
  #508   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 08:30
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Sunday, 11 February 2018

Happy Warriors!!

Have a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
Wake up with DETERMINATION,
Go to bed with SATISFACTION!

~ unknown

Onward WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

How cool to have so many new people post on this thread! That's fabulous!

We've got 18 Days til SPRING!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Helloooooooo Warriors!
Howdy, De!
Quote:
As far as I know the holiday has nothing to do with the sale on tires I did get a text telling me no school for DGS on that Monday due to the holiday. They are also off on Thursday & Friday for some reason.... I will be on vacation by then.
It was just a thought about the tire sale! In any case, glad there was a sale for you to take advantage of that!!

Wow lots of time off for your DGS! Wonder if they have professional development on Thur & Fri??

Quote:
I am now reading a Tess Gerritsen book. She writes the Rizzoli & Isles series. Good books. Another author to add to your list if you haven’t already read them, Jo.
Added Tess's name to my list of authors... will check her out after Imma done with the Alphabet series.

Wow, "Q is for Quarry" was really good. Maybe one day the authorities will find out who the real "Jane Doe" is and help her fam find closure if there are any left...KWIM??? B/c it's been almost 50 years since her murder...
Quote:
Karen, don’t try to send your kid to school on Presidents’ Day, a week from Monday....
Nicole takes the school bus... she'll be waitin' a long time for sure...

We had several students show up last Fall when we had Parent Teacher Conferences thinking we had school... In my head, Imma thinking, HOW can your parents not KNOW we don't have school... weird...
Quote:
Welcome GailMN...wishing you much success. Do you plan on doing Atkins72 Induction? It’s a great WOE.
I totally agree that it is Atkins '72 that has made us Warriors über successful all these years!

Hello and jane!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane x
Hello everyone!

So glad I found this group as I'm getting ready to do the '72 Atkins program. I even cleared out all the non-compliant foods from the house!
That's great! No sense getting tempted by food you can no longer eat!
Quote:
But I've hit a roadblock: I've discovered I have a dairy allergy. The two things that I like the dairy taste in are coffee and jello.

Does anyone have any suggestions for replacements that would be compliant with the program?

I know, logically, that this is a small thing but it's making me feel a bit panicky about starting the program without these little 'treats'.
I don't have a dairy allergy. I just can't do cheese b/c it's like crack to me and I can't control my portions.

Instead of HWC b/c I control my kcals, I have substituted almond milk (1 cup = 30 kcals and <1 carb) for my morning java! Check the label b/c there's lots of varieties and some have a lot of carbs!

As for diet jell-o, when I used to eat it early on, I didn't put anything on it. It was just fine as is, at least to me.
Quote:
p.s. I also gained 5 lbs in one week due to my menstrual cycle and I'm wondering how long it takes for that water weight to come off. Is there a section on the boards where I could find discussions of this nature?
IMHO, TOM water weight gain/loss is as individual as our ability to lose weight, some peeps can lose quickly others not so much.

Just rest assured that if you're following the plan as written you'll lose the extra water weight. One of the downsides of being female.... [heavy sigh]

I remember when I was still fighting TOM... I'd have 3 solid weeks where I could lose weight and that one awful week where I'd gain 4-5 lbs due to hormones etc...

BUT I wouldn't let it freak/stress me out since I knew I was doing everything within my control to follow the plan with no off-plan foods etc! And I'd lose the extra lbs and more...

Imma menopausal now, but I can swear my weight fluctuates more around my ole TOM... weight is not constant anyways..

Wishing you success on your journey to better health, jane!

Hello and Glenda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
Greetings to all I haven't met before today. Can't remember if I've posted on this thread before, but now that I'm doing M, I need the extra help Jo always gives so freely. Jo, you're still the Champ! Seems my body needs VLC to stay where I want to be.
So good to see you in here!

We're all here to help support, encourage and inspire each other every single day.

Truly, the Warriors and all the lovely people I've had the pleasure to befriend on here keep me accountable (this means you too, Glenda)...

I never wanna disappoint 'em or myself by going back to eating carb-age = gaining all the weight back!

Anyhoo... at "Champ"...Imma sumpin' alright!
Quote:
GailMN, there are great people here who will do all they/we can to encourage you to lasting good health. I see that you're short like me. Well, many of us here are on the shortish side. We're proof that all things are possible. We may never be "willowy" but we'll be healthy.
We're not short, we're FUN SIZE!

But seriously, I agree, we're in this for our good health and all things are POSSIBLE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
We all work hard to support each other on this journey.
I totally agree!

Gail:
Quote:
So fun reading all the posts, I am going to LOVE it here! To answer a few questions, I read the 4 page info that Just Jo posted regarding Atkins 72. I am not able to follow the first week of zero carbs because I am a Type 2 diabetic on medication. I have been eating low carb and I mean low, compared to what I had been consuming. I began on Monday, 2/5/18. I have settled at between 15 and 45 carbs a day, I know that is a big swing, but I don't see my Doctor until March and twice this last week suffered a blood sugar low, so until I see about decreasing my meds, I will be consuming carbs, just trying to keep it as low as possible. I want to follow the A72 WOE.
Hopefully you'll be able to reduce and even give up the T2 meds as you continue to follow your LC WOE!
Quote:
DelaneyLC, I loved Rizzoli and Isles and was so bummed when it ended. I will have to check out the author. I am reading the Poldark series by Winston Graham.
Another author Imma gonna have to check out! Thanks for the recommendation!
Quote:
Just Jo - thank you for the warm welcome. My oldest child (son) teaches middle school science and his wife teaches middle school math. My other daughter in law is the assistant principal at our local high school. I have lots of teachers in my family.
That is so cool!

I teach the fun classes on a military installation (we're a public school): Guitar, Intro to Clothing & Design, Computer Applications, Keyboarding and an intervention Math/reading class. We have less than 200 kiddos and I teach almost 140 of 'em grades 6-8.

From year to year, my classes change a bit b/c of my principal... but I LOVE the variety since it keeps me on my toes and makes my days fly by crazy fast!

In my entire career (spent at this one school), I've never taught the same class more than twice in one day. Don't know how teachers stay sane teaching the same class period after period! UGH!
Quote:
My first goal in going low carb is to lose 50 pounds. I have a chronic back issue that prevents me doing so many things I want to do. I have seen a neuro surgeon he would like me to lose 50 pounds before surgery, this because of the diabetes and overall improvement in health for speedier recovery. I am determined.
That sounds like a great motivator to lose the first 50 lbs and I know you can do it for your own good health!
Quote:
I do understand when you state that this group is an induction food only eaters group. I have stated from the beginning why I have veered from the concept and have added minimal carbs, but my goal is to be at carb zero. I looked into this group at the suggestion of someone but I feel I should look for a different group that better fits my present needs. My intent was for help and support, not to circumvent the basis of the group. Good Luck to all of you in your journey.
Hey Gail, you can post in here anytime you want...

Imma here to help support you in anyway I can!

Imma sorry that you feel unwelcome...

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Well 12 inches of snow ❄️ on Friday! 3 more today and 2-5 tomorrow! It’s is like Groundhog Day everyday lately shovel wait a few hours and then do it again!
at Groundhog Day...I that movie...but seriously, HOLY Hannah, Berni... that's a lot of snow shoveling!!! You must have arms of steel!
Quote:
Going to take a nap 😴!
Hope you got to take your nap!

Chico begged for a Siesta yesterday afternoon so I indulged my lil' ole furbaby... he's so demanding! We curled up and I read my book until we fall asleep... Ahhhhh so nice!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, Prez day? sure forgot about that, after I posted I was thinking Valentines Day but it isn't a holiday to me LOL and I just couldn't think....omgosh I am so sick of holiday after holiday coming at me
Oh THANK goodness we don't officially celebrate Valentines Day with a day off from school...what a way over the top commercialized holiday that is!

I HATED that holiday as a kid...we were poor and we had to make our own little heart shape cards to put in our classmates boxes or what have you... most everyone else had the store-bought ones... and to what end? What the heck are we thinking with that one?

Then you get couples stressing and fighting over what to give each other and if they don't exchange something, OMG!

Shouldn't we show love 365 days a year instead of on that one stupid day???

Oh yeah, so ASK me how I really FEEL about Valentine's Day...
Quote:
Rain like crazy outside.
Wow btwn Berni and all her snow and you with your rain... Wowzer!

BTW: I think you were a little harsh with Gail... granted she isn't doing A '72 Induction YET but she will eventually when she gets the OK from her doc...

Yes our thread is about A '72 Induction, but we've all managed to lose the weight, etc...and keep it off for a goodly amount of years...

Maybe our success will help others embrace A '72 Induction and finally realize their own dreams of better health etc!

We need to be supportive, encouraging and helpful...

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Feb-11-18 at 08:37.
  #509   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 09:57

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good morning all...

At this time I would like to suggest we open up this thread to ALL Atkins ‘72 followers. I think the help we can offer is tremendous for anyone interested in low carb. If someone wants to do induction, that’s great. If not, we can still welcome anyone who is working toward goal as they follow Atkins ‘72. Sounds good to me!

I really do think we have a lot to offer. I love this thread but new people coming on board can be helpful to them and to us! Thoughts anyone?

Have a great Sunday all.

Last edited by DelaneyLC : Sun, Feb-11-18 at 16:23.
  #510   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 12:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diabetes Revolutio
Stats: 205/173/150 Female 12
BF:
Progress: 58%

As a new person who has realized that a more disciplined approach might be necessary, I was delighted to find a place dedicated just for this approach that I need. I like the idea of focusing specifically on the '72 approach. I tried the Atkins website and was discouraged by all the focus to eat more veggies and move to a higher carb intake as soon as possible.

Personally, I need the support to learn how to work this particular program. There seems to be plenty of areas on this site and on the internet for the Atkins in general.

I realized that I never properly introduced myself. Let me rectify that right now!

Hello, everyone. I'm Jane. I'm 50 yrs old and a real shortie at 5'2". This morning I weighed in at 198 lbs and I hope to get down to the 120 range. I have a dairy allergy, so I'll have to improvise to get the dairy equivalent. Not because I need the dairy, but because I miss the rich taste. Right now I'm trying out coconut milk and next week I'll try out almond milk.

I'm starting my phase 1 tomorrow and my husband is joining me. Yay! It will be so much easier without his carby treats tempting me all day long. Plus, we can eat our meals together and spend some quality time.

Is anyone else just starting on this program?