Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 18:01
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Thumbs up Dr. Atkins on TV in January (Donahue, TheView, Today)

Dr. Atkins will apear 3 more times on TV in January, after the CNN interview with Larry King on CNN on January 6th:

From the Atkins site events page:

http://atkinscenter.com/about/events/index.html

"Today" with Dr. Atkins
Event Type: Television
Date: Monday, January 27, 2003
Time: 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM EST
Featuring: Robert C. Atkins, M.D.
Description:

Dr. Atkins will be a guest on NBC's "Today" on Monday, January 27. Katie Couric and Matt Lauer will interview Dr. Atkins as they discuss the Atkins Nutritional ApproachTM, as well as the upcoming release of Atkins for Life.

--

"The View" with Dr. Atkins
Date: Wednesday, January 29, 2003
Time: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST
Featuring: Robert C. Atkins, M.D.
Description:

Dr. Atkins will be a guest on ABC's "The View" on Wednesday, January 29. Co-hosts Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Joy Behar and Barbara Walters will interview Dr. Atkins as they discuss the Atkins Nutritional ApproachTM, as well as the upcoming release of Atkins for Life.

--

"Donahue" with Dr. Atkins
Date: Thursday, January 30, 2003
Time: 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM EST
Featuring: Robert C. Atkins, M.D., Stuart Lawrence Trager, M.D.
Description:

Dr. Atkins and Dr. Trager will be guests on MSNBC's "Donahue" on Thursday, January 30. Phil Donahue will interview Dr. Atkins and Dr. Trager for the entire hour as they discuss the Atkins Nutritional ApproachTM, as well as the new book, Atkins for Life.

http://atkinscenter.com/about/events/index.html

Go get 'em doc

Wa'il
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 21:41
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I heard on the radio yesterday that there is supposed to an Atkins insert in the next issue of People Magazine.

It will be the only time you'll catch me buying - or even looking through - a People magazine.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 15:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/314/170
BF:
Progress: 13%

Dr. Atkins was on the Today show last week! Katie Couric asked him questions and then wouldn't shut up to let him fully answer them. I was so frustrated by her interview style.

I hope if he is on there again this week, he at least gets to fully answer the questions! The "bums rush" he got last week was really rude!

Sulli
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 16:08
Registered Member

Stats: 245/183/150
BF:
Progress: 65%
Angry I agree with you, Sulli..

I didn't see her interview with Dr. Atkins, but Katie Couric irritates me to no end. One of my friends was on the show to talk about her menopause book and Katie acted like a stupid schoolgirl, giggling and blushing like she would never have to deal with anything to do with hormones or aging. I'll bet her day is closer than she thinks.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 17:49

BF:

I saw that piece too! By the way I LOVE your site! My best friend showed it to me. We are hooked! Thanks so much!

Now back to our original topic....

It seems that the more they pay her, she got a new contract late last year for some obsene amount of money, the more she loves to hear herself talk reather than the quests or even her co-hosts. I use to really love to watch her interviews but lately she just drives me nuts!

Carla
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 06:22
Registered Member

Stats: 245/183/150
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Thanks, Carla!! :)

I'm so glad you enjoy the site (did you see the newest cartoon? another good reason NOT to exercise! hahah...just kidding)

Maybe we can start a movement to get Katie knocked off of her pedestal! And while we're at it, let's get rid of the View crew! Now THEY really make my blood boil!!

Anyway, I'm watching NBC this morning and hope there is an interview with Dr. Atkins this morning. No mention of it yet though.......
Dee
Attached Images
File Type: gif tinymp.gif (2.8 KB, 11 views)
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 07:05
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%

katie was terrible! She was trying to knock him. She did the same thing with suzzane Somers. Didn't give her a chance. She kept saying I really don't see how so much fat is good for a person. Well the today show is on now have to watch. brb
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 11:57

Plan: common sense low carb
Stats: 221/190/175 Male 6 feet
BF:27/13/10??
Progress: 67%

I posted this elsewhere, but since you're talking about this, here it is again:

if you're interested, the Atkins interview on NBC's Today show can be seen here:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/today_front.asp

you'll have to flip though the free videos till you see the good doctor's face, then click play or whatever.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 14:07

Plan: common sense low carb
Stats: 221/190/175 Male 6 feet
BF:27/13/10??
Progress: 67%

sorry, I just discovered that MSNBC removed the video (they only post them for a short time), so you won't find it from the link above... it might be somewhere else, but I have no idea where...
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 14:18

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default Re: Interview on the Today Show!

Missed the show and was wondering if anyone could give a Reader's Digest version of how things went ...positive or negative interview?...thanks B
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 14:22

Plan: Atkins/Low carb
Stats: 187/134/134 Female 5' 7"
BF:15%
Default Atkins On Tv

I seen Dr. Atkins on Larry King live and was so eagerly waiting to catch him on the today show 1/27/03. I skipped my workouts and had the channel toned to Today and for the past 3 hours I sat in dissapointment as he wasn't on this morning.

I checked the Atkins web page and they listed it as airing on the 24th . Missed it.

I'm really looking forward to catching him the next two times. I thought it was pretty interesting on Larry King. Too bad it wasn't longer for questions.

Only 2 more days. You go get them Doc!!!

p.s I've been on the atkins plan for over 6 years and think it is absoulutly wonderful! Haven't gained one pound back. I have lean beatutiful muscle and I LOVE IT!!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 07:29

Plan: Atkins (OWL)
Stats: 183/153/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I missed Dr. Atkins on the Today Show also. I was waiting for Jan 27 to see him.

I quit watching the Today Show about a year ago because Katie disgusts me with her antics. It also seemed they never had much news on the Today Show. Just fluff stuff. Now I watch Good Morning America.

I am going to set my VCR to tape the View on Wed!

Larisa
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 15:35
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

Hey FirmBeauty: <b>6 years?!</b> Wow, good for you!! Do consider posting to our Success Stories forum. That'd be awfully inspiring to those who question whether or not they'd be able to stick with this WOE long term!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 18:06

BF:

I did happen to see the interview, if you could call it that! He was on Friday, January 24. Katie Couric would ask a question and then before Dr. Atkins or his associate that was with him...I think she was his nutritional director, but I missed her exact title...Couric would interupt and ask another question, or become confrontational about one part of the answer. It was most rude! She seems to really have a major problem with lo carb programs. I happened to catch the Suzanne Somers interview too...same thing happened. Why have a quest on if you aren't going to let them completely answer the questions!

Hope that helps bring everyone up to date. I'd be interested in knowing how the spot on "The View" went.

Carla
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 06:44

Plan: Atkins+
Stats: 386/285/200 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Dr. Atkins is also supposed to be on with Barry sears on The pulse on Fox News tonight at 9. Nyah Levi