Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-11, 09:50

Plan: CAD
Stats: 270/270/165 Male 67
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default new guy

Hello, everyone. I've been "lurking" on this board for a while and want to make a more formal introduction. I first heard of CAD many years ago and spent many years believing it was a ridiculous fad diet that would never work. In the last several years, however, I've learned a lot more about low carb eating and am convinced that the Heller's were ahead of their time.

I've noticed that activity on this board is fairly slow as it's a small community, but I'm really interested in hearing from/about any other men who have had success with CAD. I apologize in advance if I'm missing some obvious threads about this.

I'm a teacher, and this morning, I realized with some embarrassment that I got slightly winded erasing my white board! I score off the charts on the Heller's quiz, so I'm hoping that their principles can help me.

I look forward to hearing any responses. Thanks!

Ryan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-11, 22:58

Plan: CALP CAD
Stats: 148/142/125 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress:

Hi Ryan,
I'm a teacher from NZ and new to this too. (Sorry I'm not a man...but just to share) I know how much energy we expend in this profession. What I have noticed as I enter my third week is that I am no longer hungry between meals. I think teachers do a lot of stress snacking. So this is very liberating. I also found out about this a years ago...followed it for a little while with great success and then dismissed it as too restrictive. This is probably because I am a Vegetarian (lacto) and was not ready to go to so much effort in the meal preps. However, I am now ready to comit.
Hope you get lots of support...
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-11, 06:57

Plan: CAD
Stats: 270/270/165 Male 67
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for replying! I welcome hearing from anyone, male OR female. I agree that teachers are susceptible to stress snacking. Nothing makes a teacher happier than free food in the teachers' room! Ha.

Yesterday was my first full day. It went well, though I struggled with a "snack attack" in the evening. I resisted, but it wasn't easy, so I'm glad to hear that it might get better. Today I am feeling a lousy - slight headache and queasiness. I think it might be a mild "low carb flu". I'm going to hang in there for now.

Have a great day!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-11, 09:09

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Hi,

I am not as familiar with CAD, since I have only followed CALP, but hope that my experiences will still be helpful.

I know that for me, it usually takes 3-4 days once I begin CALP (Eno is a great example for me, but sadly, my longest stretch on CALP has just been 4 years. I am finishing my 6th month back on plan.) to quit feeling that nudgey, I'm hungry feeling.

You will find the most posting/conversations in the Hour Power #4 thread..hope to see you posting there! You can also find more details of what folks are eating, how they are doing, by clicking on the journal button for those who have one.