Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-29-00, 17:57
Registered Member

Plan: customized PP
Stats: 195/153/115
BF:
Progress: 53%
Wink

Hi all!! Yes 'tis the season to share, to be jolly, to enjoy, to live!!!

I'm starting this thread so everyone can talk about what they will be doing during the holidays, the parties, the gatherings, dinners, office Xmas parties, Will you be entertaining, cooking, baking, be a guest, what will you cook, bake? Will you be a host, how will you handle your WOE? What is your favorite Xmas movie, what presents will you give or hope to receive, how do you decorate your house, are you taking a trip, are you doing anything special , traditonal.....? The possibilities are endless and I hope your replies will be the same...This is for everyone, join in lurkers, we're all in the same wonderful, grand, low-carbing world with that Xmas spirit that comes only once a year!!!!! We need to share.

'TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY,,, FA LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA

(can you hear the wonderful chorus??) Jen

[Edited by Jen on 29-11-00 at 19:07]
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-30-00, 04:58

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Wink

Hi Jen.
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year in our house. We have 4 sons that are all married and have 2 small grandchildren. We live on a river and they all come home for Christmas. While dinner is cooking they usually go skating and sleighriding, if we have snow this year. For Christmas dinner we have 14 people. For dinner I cook a goose with regular stuffing, red cabbage, (recipe to follow) sugar potatoes,and lots of carotts, and green beans. Dessert is usually the traditional pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and apple pie with ice cream. Now my dinner is as follows, goose with my own stuffing made of pork rinds, a bit of onion, and butter. My potatoes are made of cauliflower, an my dessert is my lowcarb cheescake.Cauliflower potatoes are as follows
1 head of cauliflower cookes until soft
1/4 cup of cream
1 tablespoon of butter
Put all to-gether in a food processer after cauliflower is cooked and blend to-gether.
If too runny put back on the stove and simmer the water off.

RED CABBAGE
Cook to-gether 1 head of red cabbage, with 1/4 cup of vinegar, 4 packets of sweet & low. Coover to 2/3 full with water and cook until tender. I always cook it a week ahead of time so it can sit and blend the flavour.

3 CARB CHEESCAKE
1 pkg of unsweetened jello
2-8ounce pkgs of cream cheese
4 packets of sweet & low
1/2 cup of boiling water
1/2Cup of cold water

Mix boiling water with Jello, Add remaing ingredients. Put in a small pie plate and refrigerate until set. Cut into 8 pieces and each serving has 3 carbs.

I have done this way of eating for over a year now and have no trouble with parties. Our Christmas party is next week and I skip the entrees and stick with a large glass of ice water. I eat the salad and the meat, and cheese and the olives. I usually eat some cream cheese and reg. cheese before I go out.

Xmas eve I have a house full of people and put out all kinds of food, always make sure there are lots of raw vegtables, and cheese, black olives and green olives for myself. Everyone say how can you eat so many fattening things and not gain weight after loosing so much weight. I tell them the proof is in the pudding, so try it you might like it.

So, after a year on this woe, I use my recipes and stick to the program and laugh at everyone after dinner, listening to them moan and groan and I feel like a million bucks for not eating the dressing, potatoes, and dessert, that they eat and stick to my own potatoes, dressing and dessert.

We decorate our whole house inside and out and we have 2 christmas trees. If is very festive here and we love it that way and we think that is why everyone likes to come home for Christmas. We have the fireplace going on Xmas day with pine logs burning.

We send our best wishes to all you low-carbers and hope you have a good Xmas and a Happy New Year.

KRISTY
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-30-00, 10:30
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Excellent ideas for Christmas, Kristy. We can combine these recipes and the ones in the appetizer thread and make a full Christmas menu!