Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-28-10, 06:51
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
it is okay to only have 1 CM. It really is important to have veggies with your cm- especially if you are only having one. IT does keep you full, and imho provides fiber and other nutrients.

Good for you- we know that when you introduce carbs too fast/too many you put on water weight pretty fast- and if you don't get back on plan it is often very hard to restart.

okay- cruises! on CALP....

Breakfast: eggs, bacon, sausage, smoked salmon, coffee....you can order anything you want. I prefer to eat in the dining room for breakfast so I can order and not see all the junk at the buffet. You can also just have coffee.

Lunch: again, I would decide before the meal what I wanted. It is easy- there is beef, burgers, lamb, turkey, ham, chicken, and fish on teh menu. I usually had a cesar salad and turkey/beef/chicken. One cruise had roast chicken from a rotissarie- I loved it. I also drank lots of water.

Dinner- I had whatever I wanted. A drink, salad, main course, veggie and dessert. I asked for a large salad- and got whatever I wanted. The drink was usually a glass of wine. I never felt deprived. I usually asked to see the dessert menu when they brought the drinks, so I could order when I ordered the main. I sometimes went over the hour- but gave myself that flexibility.

I avoided the midnite buffets totally- why bother? Lots of junk and I didn't need it. I admit I am not a big drinker, adn felt the drinks on the ship were not good. Having said that. I did have a glass of wine (once a glass of champagne) in the bar after dinner with a group of people. Other times I got sparking soda or just bottled water and lime.

I came home within a couple of pounds - and was back to baseline in a couple of days. I went for the fun, nto the food.

One one of the ships there was a specialty restaurant- a fancy place- it was wonderful. You might want to go on cruisecritic.com and check out your ship and itinerary.

E
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-28-10, 20:21

Plan: Atkins to CAD
Stats: 130/116/108 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 64%

Thanks so much. I guess that does sound pretty easy. I suppose the fact that it's all there and you just have to make the right choices. Sounds very manageable. Midnight buffet?...lol I will for sure stay away from that!! I'm not a big drinker either, so that should be ok. I'm going to check out that cruise site right now. THANKS!!!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-29-10, 09:53

Plan: CAD, Atkins induction
Stats: 316/275/240 Male 76 inches
BF:33%/27%/18%
Progress: 54%
Default Switching from Atkins to CAD

I often wonder whether going off Atkins in the early stages would cause a person to gain a couple lbs due to the body restoring it's glycogen/sugar/whatev supplies (and the accompanying water needed for that).

As for eating all the crack you can inject for 1 hour comment: the two CM's keep insulin low, so one doesn't feel the need to binge. I did the first two RM's, but not really after that.

So, even if I lose weight slowly, I feel in-control on CAD. And, as long as I've been doing this, if I had just lost 1/2 lb per week, then I'd have been at my goal weight long ago.

Best Wishes!