Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-00, 10:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Smile

This has absolutely nothing to do with low carb (except I was on my way to pour myself a delicious low-carb cup of coffee), but as I stepped into the kitchen about 3 minutes ago (8:00 am now) I glanced down, and there was this fluffy little brown sparrow sitting on the floor!

I thought I'd heard a few odd noises when I woke up to pee last night (drinking all that water before bed!), but just put it down to the assorted nighttime rattles you sometimes get when you live in an old apartment block.

The poor thing looked totally perturbed. I tossed a pillowcase over it and put it out the window. It flew off chirping.

I just had to share that!

Rachel
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-00, 10:53

Plan:
Stats: 175/140/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Birdie in the House

Glad to hear that the birdie was okay. We used to get them come down the chimney that we had for our wood stove in the summer. We would take the stove out. Sometimes too I would get a humming bird in our poch. I would catch them and put them outside. Such little miracles.
NNN
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-00, 11:11
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile

Used to live in a 160 yr old Victorian limestone with fireplace. Never had a bird fly in, but I routinely had BATS flitting around! Once a very young squirrel tumbled down also. I couldn't convince the landlord to put a cap over the chimney. Couldn't convince the landlord to do much of anything, so I moved

Doreen