Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 23:44

Plan: Paleo-Neander
Stats: 178/173/125 Female 5.6 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Fastes way to Ketosis HELP!!!

I am wondering if there is anyway to jump into ketosis faster than my usual 5 days. (I am very slow). The reason is that I had to come out of ketosis to do a glucose test for this next Monday. So I want to find out if anybody here knows if there is a way for me to fasten my process to ketosis. I had the idea to start the diet on Sunday even do Monday I will take sugar

i.e.

#1 Sunday I do 20g of Carbs
Monday morning (I take that sugar drink and the rest of the day try to make 10 g carbs)
Follow by days under 20 g. and see if I get my ketosis faster.

#2 Eat only meat for 3 days (almost 0) carbs?
Tons of water?
And see if I get faster into Ketosis

Question..

Is the time to get into Ketosis related with the amount of Carbs, does this mean that if I take less carbs this will accelerate the process?

Am I loosing weight before getting into Ketosis, those 5 days?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 23:47
On my way to 200's

Plan: high protein low carb
Stats: 372.6/358/250 Female 5'5
BF:I've got that!
Progress: 12%
Smile

Hi Cucu,

I find that when I drink alot of water and exercise regularly I'm in the 40 dark pink range. I can get into ketosis inless than a day. But you really can't judge your success by getting into ketosis. A goodway to judge is how well you feel an dhow loose your clothes are getting.

Good Luck to you,
Dewi
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 00:02

BF:

Thank you Dewi, maybe is that I didnīt liked to be taken away from my diet in order to take a WHOLE GLASS OF SUGAR in order for my doctors to do a Glucose test, but after that Sugar glass, I will be on the way, so for a few more days I shouldnīt panic much..
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 08:24
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

With diet you probably won't get in to much faster then you normally would. What would work is to burn of fthe glucose that is stored. Instead of eating just meat, try KISS for a few days (meat, LC veggies and fats, no dairy LC foods or so on) and lift weights. Don't exercise the same muscle groups 2 days in a row. So maybe after the glucose test do legs that day since they are the largest muscles. The next day work on arms, then back tolegs and so on for the week. This way the sugars will be used for fuel and burned up faster.

You're not taking the glucose test because of pregnancy are you?

You never know, maybe a shot of pure sugar will be just like a refeed and get things started well for you. That or giv eyou the mother of all tummy aches
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 10:13

BF:
Default Kiss

Hey thanks, you are right, I will exercise right after my test tomorrow,(well and in general) but can you tell me what does KISS stands for?...
I am not preagnet and not even close, no boyfriend or whatsoever.. ji ji.
The test is for my endocrinogist that will help me balance my hormons and she wanted to find out how resistant I was to sugar/insuline.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 11:47
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

KISS is keep it simple sweety (or some say stupid) Basically you eat a really simple menu consisting of whole foods. Basically when I do it I have all the Lc veggies I want (just take the allowed list from the Atkins induction). Protiens and fats. Just no processed foods, caffine, coffee, dairy, or other things with added carbs. It gets dull fast but really works to kind of detox.

A sample menu would include
Breakfast
eggs with zucchini hashbrowns or shredded cabbage. Maybe an omlette with mayo and spinach filling

Lunch
Large salad with diced meat and olive oil dressing

Dinner
Meat with a veggie side (such as spaghetti squash) and a veggie as a veggie (brussle sprouts with butter maybe) Or another salad
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 14:14

BF:
Default Kiss

Well Kiss will be... I do eat a lot of cheese so this will be a good change.