Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-05, 04:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/265/200 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Where in the heck is everybody?

Wow I was looking forward to posting here but its so dead in this forum. I for one am doing great on maintenance. I slip up every so often but I keep weighing in and making adjustments and have stayed in my 5 pound buffer zone. Just wanted to see how everyone on maintenance is doing. Good luck to you all
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-05, 15:39

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Here I am! I'm Pre-Maintenance (about 11 lbs from goal weight) and can use all the support, encouragement and creative ideas I can get!

I'm always happy to hear from others who've reached goal (or surpassed it as you have); it's a great encouragement to see that it can be done and that people just like me are doing it all the time.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-05, 17:09

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Maintainers tend not to post about maintaining if they have no problems. If there is a problem, they post in other forums.

I have been able to keep my maintenance weight under control by avoiding the foods that caused my weight gain in the first place.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-30-05, 12:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

I've been successfully maintaining since about April -- if I go up a pound or so, I simply get back on track -- I've been able to add some carbs (good ones, only!) back into my diet, am still experimenting with amounts, etc.

For example, I had steel-cut oatmeal for breakfast, then ate an apple with my lunch -- typically this will have no impact on my weight ... lots more freedom than induction!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-30-05, 12:42

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

I'm still checking this area, just no new topics in here lately!

I've made my weight goal, slowly moving toward my "ideal" goal of 130 pounds....I am pretty much on the tail end of pre maintainance.

I am experimenting with upping my carbs, I tend to fluctuate, depending on what I am hungry for, anywhere between 25 up to 40, adding in some new foods in small portions to see my tolerance. Doing real well so far, haven't had any problems.

I restricted cals for a bit to try and force weight off quicker, it didn't work and I got frustrated and hungry, so I just went back to eating what my body tells me it wants and now just cruising along.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-02-05, 12:52
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

It is just the same old/same old for me, so I check this area but just don't post enough. On CALP I still eat my 2 CMs with just protein and vegies, and my RM is pretty much what I want. Some days it is more carbs than I used to eat when I was first on plan, other days it seems really similar. I think it is helpful to hear from others who are successful, as it gets old to always read the "I fell of the wagon again why can't I stick with this" posts. I am finally getting used to being at this weight- seems real normal now. Still have to plan my meals, and am still on CALP. It is just my way of eating.
Take care-
E
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-05, 11:10

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Morning

I've been checking in this thread now and then, but as others have said it dies off every so often.

Quote:
I have been able to keep my maintenance weight under control by avoiding the foods that caused my weight gain in the first place.

How true! I beleive that is the key, or at least one of them
Once one truely comes to accept that you can never go back to the old way of eating, maintainance can be very easy.

My simple rules are, no white rice, no whole wheat/white flour products, no pasta, pretty much zero sugar.
I can now enjoy potatoes or brown rice 3-4 times a week in controlled servings.
I eat any veggie I want and I love them all
Fruit, I eat 3 servings a day, such as 1/2 of apples oranges, peaches, and berries, melons. But I also try to have a small portion of protien just before or after.
As for Oatmeal, I eat it for breakfast several days a week, with balkin yogurt and bllueberries and a dab of N/S jam.
I eat bread that is made from all grains no flour. I limit it to 2 slices a day, the odd time 3.

My weight does go up and down about 5 pounds, but I don't get bent out of shape, my cothes fit the same, I'm exerciseing more so it is muscle I think.
Keep up the maintaining
Cheers Kathy
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-05, 14:38

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

I am new here. I had a hard time refinding this support board. It's kind of buried deep. I am very aware of how different the issues are with maintenance, since this is the second time Ive achieved goal. I appreciate the idea of this board.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-05, 18:08

Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've been in long term maintenance. Like Kathy54, my weight stays with in a 5 pound range. Most of the time I hover around the 110 lbs mark. I still watch any starch I eat. Sweets never appealed to me, so no problem with me eating any cake, pies, etc....I simply don't eat them. I know I'm doing ok, with the way my clothing feels. I feel pretty good, still stay pretty active. I go for long periods before I ever weigh myself...and when I do, its still 110 lbs. I have a size 0 skirt I purchased at Banana Republic a year ago....still fits.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-05, 18:24
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Many of us are mostly posting in our journals and don't pay much attention to the public threads. But, there are a lot of us still here, close to our goal weight and hanging in there.

So, don't worry, this WOE does indeed work long term, it just takes patience and commitment.

Kay