Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 11:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/175/160 Female 64 inches
BF:40%/31/??
Progress: 79%
Default New Goal

I decided today to revise my goal a bit... I was trying to get down to 160 or lower with no real timeframe in mind but now I would like to be 170 by my 50th birthday in the beginging of October.

That means I would have to lose 19 lbs in 12 weeks. I know that will not seem like a huge goal to some of you but considering that I have only lost 10 lbs in the past 2.5 months it seems enormous to me. (and those of us who are older have a much harder time losing it seems)

As a means to achieve this goal I started back on induction today and have started to exercise a bit more. I never really ate much more that 20-25 carbs a day but I had added some vegetables that are not on the induction list and occassionaly ate an atkins muffin for breakfast. The hardest part will be giving up my coffee with heavy creamer, I have been enjoying 3-4 cups a day.

Wish me luck, and any hints you have to offer up will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 13:35

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

I think being more active on a regular basis is a greal goal, and will certainly help you out.

Best of Luck,
Jinx
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 19:38

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Here's one for Thumper

Ok Thumper, you asked for advice and here it comes my friend...

You have done awesome! You have lost a lot! Now you want to take the next approximately 12 weeks or so to lose. So go for it! Your exercising will be a bonus for that new body you're working on. This sounds like a tremendously huge goal, and you can achieve it.

Now, for the advice: I didn't skip coffee. You could read 100's of threads here on whether or not folks skipped coffee. Just go for what you know works for your metabolism. I never quit, and love my cream in it.

Now, what will your birthday dessert be? Whatever you'd like. And what will be your greatest gift in October? 71#. GO FOR IT AND DON'T LOOK BACK!

Celebrating you,
Annie-Pie
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 20:25

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Congratulations on your loss so far. With you going back on the induction and modifying your excercise schedule YOU CAN DO IT!!!