Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Aug-13-09, 03:14
Registered Member

Plan: ~ CAD ~
Stats: 276.6/272.0/175 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Smile

One More Added i should be getting my CAD book tomorrow! i cant wait to get started!!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Aug-13-09, 05:30

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

Me! Me! LOVE CAD!!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Aug-13-09, 11:13

Plan: Controlling the Carbs
Stats: 282/197.5/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 64%

QUESTION???? What is the view on fats with this plan? Is there a restriction on saturated fats, olive oil etc....
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Aug-13-09, 11:23

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

I don't restrict fats. I don't believe they are limited in the books.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Aug-30-09, 10:00
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb /CAD/Veg(ish)
Stats: 192/185/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Trying CALP Again!

I too am following CALP. I started last May, lost about 5 lbs then got off it over the summer due to lots of traveling, and, yes I gained about 12 lbs! I am not happy with myself because I knew that would happen and did it anyway! So now I have further to go than when I started.

Also, I do struggle with cheating some and eating two RM meals or not balancing them, well. Carb foods are quicker, cheaper, and easier to make for a working mom like me, but of course that's how I got into this state!

The good thing is I don't dread doing CALP like other diets I 've tried! I know it's doable for me, even being mostly vegetarian.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Aug-30-09, 18:17

Plan: CALP
Stats: 232/232/165 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am starting CALP tomorrow. I have about 70 pounds to lose. I have literally tried every single diet known to mankind! I have known about CALP since the *oprah show*. I don't know why I never stuck with it. I have been looking for the quick fix for 15 years now. This plan makes sense. Unlike Atkins, you don't have to eat high fat. It is a sensible plan as far as I can tell.
I need it not only to lose weight, but for depression, anxiety and mood swings. I know I have needed to change my diet for years and cut out the sugar and processed foods. I turned 46 this year and just *released* some very toxic family members who have been holding me back for my entire life.
It has been a very emotional experience. For 46 years I have lived to *please* my parents, especially my mom. I let that go yesterday. So much more I cannot express right now, but alot of it, has led to eating issues with me. I feel like I can finally be myself and be who I WANT to be!

Anyway, sorry to ramble I am just SO glad I found this place!

xoxoxoxo
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-09, 09:26

Plan: CALP since 2.16.09
Stats: 322/309/168 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Small but faithful, I think, considering that this plan hasn't been heard of in about 10 years. I wonder how Rachael Heller is doing.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Sep-28-09, 08:56

Plan: IR
Stats: 220/217/175 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Hi back again

Goodmorning to all, This is not my first time on CAD the first time I lost 29 lbs and then I am not sure what happen but I just stopped doing the program. I have been trying everything else since I left CAD which was in 2007. I now realize it was the best and easiest way of life I have ever done. I just did not like not being able to have ceral for breakfast and not being able to chew sugar free gum. I think my mind just rebelled and I wanted what I wanted. I really do love ceral for breakfast and I love to chew gum. But I went back to this way of life I started last Wednesday so I am on 6 and so in control. I work at a senior center and I just go through make popcorn for their movie day and I just love popcorn but because I am in control I was able to pop and serve it and still say NO. I will try to visit the site everyday. Hope you all have a wonderful OP day. TTYL

Doris
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Sep-28-09, 11:48

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Doris, welcome back!

It sounds like you have adapted well to the plan and I hope you do continue to check in.

I look forward to taking this journey with you!
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Sep-28-09, 17:17
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Doris-
I remember you too! Welcome back. I also wish I could have 'normal' meals- but this is how my body does the best. It is such a wonderful gift to find a WOL that works and heals me too.
see you on the threads!
E
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Sep-29-09, 11:32

Plan: IR
Stats: 220/217/175 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Day 7

So far so good. I just need to do my grocery shopping so I can get alittle more variety in my day. Here is my menu for today:

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, coffee, half and half

Lunch: mix salad, tomato, dressing and 3 hot dogs

Dinner: We are going to Village Pizza I will have Salad Bar: Lettuce, tomato, onion, egg, brocoli, beets, cottage cheese and FF, SF Italian dressing

I will check in tomorrow. Hope all have a great OP day. And thanks for the great welcome.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Oct-16-09, 09:14

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up hi

I just happen to stop in .. I still find myself doing the CAD plan because it worked at one time for me. My problem? As soon as I went into menopause. Nothing worked. I mean nothing. I gained about 15 lbs during this transition and now, I'm starting to lose the weight a little easier but I still have to be strict. Other thing was I follow a semi vegetarian plan so I don't eat red meat. Has anyone had this problem?
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Oct-16-09, 09:32

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delone
I am starting CALP tomorrow. I have about 70 pounds to lose. I have literally tried every single diet known to mankind!

From my research and myself..if you don't exercise regularly..at least 4-5 days week, and break a sweat, you won't keep the weight off or lose very fast. I plan to prove this theory ...! I believe maintaining a healthy weight is 80% exercise and 20% diet. This is something I learned as a kid being an athelete (figure skater). All the people we would see that quit figure skating, all of them got heavy within a few years because their metabolism wasn't stoked from exercise anymore. You have to stoke the fire!
So I think eating with the CAD and keeping the blood sugar even and the exercise would be super charging the whole program.
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jan-25-10, 20:19

Plan: CAD/Calp
Stats: 156/150/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz
Hi Everyone,If you are a CAD/CALP user, would you mind leaving a short message here? I promise to visit your journal and bug you to no end

I just renewed my interest and am reading previous posts.
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 02:48
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Theresa!!!! Welcome- and please post lots and tell us all about you!
E