Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-05, 11:31

Plan: keto <50 net carbs
Stats: 183/163/140 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 47%
Cool Diet Outline

Hi everybody, I've noticed that this forum doesn't get a lot of traffic, which is sad because I really like my food combining diet and not a lot of the other forums are useful to me. I thought if we posted an outline of our diets, how fast we've been losing, any other stats, we could "recruit" some new people. And also I've been curious about all the similariteis/differences between other food combining diets.

Okay so here's mine: (I kind of combined a lot of good parts of many diets)

~Fruit in the morning on an empty stomach ('till noon or so)
~Don't eat anything for two hours after that
~Keep four hours between eating something with carbs and proteins/fats
~Eat one carb meal once a day, every other day for lunch, when eating carbs, eat whole grain, low-sugar: oatmeal, rice, whole-wheat bread, etc...
~eat a lot of natural foods like veggies, nuts, & eggs
~No dairy, or dairy on an empty stomach
~No eating at all 3 hours before bedtime (a few veggies ok)

I excercise too and have lost almost 15 lbs since the beginning of the summer, with a one-month break in the middle due to injury; for of the pounds came from last week! I love hearing new ideas so if you want to share what diet you're on and how you've been doing I'd love that, especially if it can be vegetarian-friendly!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 12:40

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

so true...i post often other places same thing...guess ppl are busy...i know i work all day and go to university too..so it is hard for me too...anyhow here it goes...will try to answer you..

first thing in my stomach is one cup of hot water with half a lemon juice and one before going to bed every day this...

breakfast: organic cereral: flax, soy 10g fiber, 8 protien, soy isoflavones and soy milk unsweeten...
or... fruits and wait an hour or so cause im at work and will eat my cererals there...

lunch: salade with shrimps or any protein, or just veggies with protein...

supper: same as lunch but different veggies or meat...

and tons of water as always...
yes i walk everyday 4K's or more
and weekends i bike 10k's or more

thats about it...
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-30-05, 10:02

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi
I read Fit for Life a long time ago. I didn't need to lose weight then - it was just for health and curiousity. I kinda already
ate that way. Recently I feel like going back to it. I miss fruit but am not sure if I can feel good without a protein in the morning. I'm going to check the book out of the library - my copy is long gone - and read up on it again.
That's super you have lost 15 pounds.
good luck
LizzyLC
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-05, 17:23

Plan: fit for life
Stats: 225/225/190 Female 6 feet
BF:
Progress:
Default Bread and Peanut butter

Hi,
I was reading your post and it was a great help. When i first did the whole food combining thing around 10 years ago i lost 25 pounds and it was great. I was silly enough to go off it and well since my ski accident, I have put 20 pounds on and I am looking to take it off.
I wanted to know if one had whole wheat bread and peanut butter or jam if that is ok for food combining as I know we should not have bread and cheese.
Also when can one eat mayo? Can we do tuna and mayo?
Is there a place on this forum to look at food combining receipes?
Thanks for your help.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 14:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 256/252/170 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress:

HI,
Is food combining suzanned sommers program? I suppose that every so many hours we should be able to eat a certain thing without blowing our carb's in the body...in other words 20 carbs in the morning and then why not later say 6 hours haven't they gone thru our system and we could have some more..has anyone every written about this? The food combining certainly seems more like a lifetime reasonable plan to me... this eating mostly protein ,and jus a few vegetables will get boring unless you can cook (I can & do).. because when I get into buying and trying any low carb.. I bounce up on the scales...I"m going to find my sommers book..I have been on atkins for 1 a half week ..I am bouncing up and down 2 & 3 pounds and seeming to stay there so I know I have to get back to plain ol pure meat and the right vegetables...ugh how boring... but I want to live

grannadee
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 12:52

BF:
Progress:
Default Food combining support

I agree.It is pretty sad that there is not much support out here when one is doing the food combining system. I really love doing it and i feel alot better.
I think it would be great if we all helped each other out and supported one another.
I have a question: Where does popcorn fit into the food combining system?
Anyone knows
Thanks
CLEO
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 12:57

BF:
Progress:
Default Lanne a questions-Cereal

I saw that you have organic cereal with soy milk. Is that proper food combining as you are have the soy milk?? If it is great as i like cereal once in a while but i know you can not have it with milk.
So how long do u wait before u eat something else 3hours or 4 hour?
Thanks
CLEO
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-05, 10:31

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Cleo and All

Once a while I eat organic cereal with soy milk and im good till noon...doesnt seem to bother anything for the weight part...I do watch and combine my food..about 9yrs ago I read (in french) Fit for Life and that's what really got me going and convince on weight controll...it does work cause back then I lost 20 pounds in 3 months and never gain it back either...atkins was way too heavy for me...Fat Flush is fantastic to detox your body and i still take my hot lemon everyday...but atkins was way too much fat and I just couldnt handle all that rich fatty food...I rather eat fresh as possible..i feel so much better too...then I read suzanne somer which is basically montignac but larger portions, the american way...I find that you cant omit all your grains or breads for life, its not normal...yes at first you watch it but then once a while you can have your bread but so long its not everyday...like you got to be logic..if you know your going to have pasta at someone's house or yours, you just dont need to touch the bread...or eat your bread with just carbs and no protien till youve reached your goal in weight...then even if its once a while you mix all together it wont kill you...like ive mentioned once, ive read French women dont get fat...that book couldnt say it better about any diet...you barely see fat people in france cause they eat small portions and walk all the time to get somewhere...they dont use their cars like westerners do...anyhow thats another story...ive read every book on the market so far...this is my opinion only...the best books that made really sence was Fat Flush for dextox, Suzanne Somer for combining food and Montignac is a bit better cause smaller of portions and your allowed wine and chocolate too real chocolate. It's like all real natural good food like mother nature put on this earth for us to eat...nothing out of a box or can! so this is just my opinion...

ciao
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-07, 08:53

Plan: food combining
Stats: 150/140/120 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress:

i just started food combining,on my 2nd day!!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-08, 20:41

Plan: cad
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

Have you heard of the fruit based food combining diet called the Beverly Hills Diet. It was before all the other ones.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-08, 09:21

Plan: food combining
Stats: 150/110/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Cool

Hey congratulations indee !!! If you want any tips, let me know. I will be glad to share if you'd like. Stick with it because it works and it works fast! It is great for your digestive system and you general health. You will feel better, sleep better and look better. I did food combining (NOT Susanne Somers) and lost 12lbs the first 2 weeks, then in the next 2 months I lost 38 lbs, a total of 50lbs!... and without exercise. I know not exercising is bad, but just being honest. I did not count calories OR carbs. It is a wonderful, healthy way to eat. You never feel starved. I am not a true vegetarian, but I eat far less meat than I used to. I have kept it off for over 5 years! The only question I have always had is: Is SoyMilk a starch or a protein? I have consumed it alone just to be safe and treat just like it was milk/protein.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-02-09, 10:25

Plan: New Atkins for a New You
Stats: 167/167/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Yippee - Are you a Beverly Hills Dieter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterow
Have you heard of the fruit based food combining diet called the Beverly Hills Diet. It was before all the other ones.

Hi eaterow,

I have been searching hi and lo for people who have followed this diet with success. I have Judy Mazel's books and used to post on her forum on her old (now inactive) site called "cyberskinny.com). She has since died, as you likely know.

I can't find anyone who used to frequent that forum. Do you know anyone who follows this diet? Do you? What is your experience with it? I lost weight very quickly on it and felt fabulous and wish I'd stuck with it. It works beautifully. I am now 63 years old and have quite a lot of weight to lose.

Please let me know if you know of any supporters of this diet? Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Sue.
Ontario, Canada
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 20:35

Plan: Semi low carb??, PP?
Stats: 157/156/135 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 5%

I am very interested in food combining. A work acquaintance lost 50 lbs and she said she followed the Insulin resistance plan . I think that plan relies on food combining. zardoz what plan are you following? Can you recommend a book or site where I can learn more about following a food combining program?? I would love information from anyone who has been successful!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 11:44
Registered Member

Plan: Conscious Combining
Stats: 182.8/171.8/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Old cyberskinnies

Hi Sue,

I would like to connect with you! I am also from the old cyber skinny board! I am new to these forums but joined because it seems like a very supportive and active community, not too much support out there for combiners and its such an important part. There is still a BHD yahoo group I have been posting to but its really dead - I mean I am the only one posting! I wonder where everyone else has gone after cyber skinny ended... it was such a good board I wish it was still out there even to look back at the old posts.

NewBR1 - I don't know that particular plan but I can help you with food combining basics. There are a lot of good charts on-line if you google "food Combining chart" There are many book on amazon too. If you have particular questions I can likely help - good luck!

Jenn