Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 13:34

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 280/178/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi
Can I join in, pleeeeese??!!
I am giving up cheese (at least most of it) and lc tom sauce except for my rms!
Hopefully this will get things moving!!
Wish me luck, so for I have done 2 days clean !!!
Jacquie

Last edited by JACQUIE UK : Tue, Sep-09-03 at 10:35.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 13:59

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Glad to see new people joining in....it's never too late!

Best of luck ot everyone.

Deb
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 21:35

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%

3 DAYS WITH NO SUGAR!!!!!!!!!
THE SCALE WENT DOWN !!!!this will help my average.
Today i had went 6 hours without thinking of dieting, losing weight or food. When i did remember RM, it was because i walked past a bakery. and didn't even stop to negociate for rm/.........that was cool!!!!!i recorded today on my calendar
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 23:31
"Slaying My Demons"

Plan: Keto
Stats: 262.2/189.2/155 Female 5'8"
BF:Hell Yes!
Progress: 68%

Thanks for the welcome!
I rode for 6.5 miles this evening on my staionary bike for 45 min.
It's a good start and I'm really glad to be getting back to it. I've been having something like anxiety attacks at night while I'm trying to go to sleep. They've started since I stopped exercising so I'm hoping this will take care of them.
LowCo Congratulations! Three days without sugar is a major accomlishment. Good job!
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 02:00

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Lowco and Jacquie--Great job! You're doing so well with your challenges. Signey- I was having the same kind of problem when I didn't exercise. My problems were menopause related, though. Severe hot flashes that started around 7 PM each day. Not much sleep each night due to the hot flash/night sweat thing. I found out (mostly by accident) that when I work out hard every day, it greatly reduces those symptoms--and makes going to bed each night much less of a "traumatic event"... If I miss a day or two of the long walks, the flashes come right back, along with that old familiar anxious feeling. For me, exercise is not really an option--and knowing that I'm warding off that creepy feeling makes it really easy to push myself out the door each day to get the walk done. I hope that your exercise program will make you feel much better, too. Sounds like you have a great start!
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 09:43

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 191/189/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Oh, dear, yes!
Progress: 5%

After a chiropractic adjustment and massage yesterday, I didn't get very far at all. In fact, I did a great imitation of The Blob! Better chances for some exercise today. At least I feel great, as well as relaxed.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 15:47
"Slaying My Demons"

Hi Everybody,
Today I got up and got on the bike for 45 min. 6.5 miles. Whew! I do feel better today and I slept just fine.
Tess Thank you for your feedback about exercise. I've been kinda worried about the anxiety and wondering if I needed to talk to someone about it. It just came out of the blue, with no real changes to speak of in my life, except that I had stopped exercising. I had no problems last night and I feel happier today too. I'm coming up on menopause (47) and have hot flashes at night sometimes. I'd be very happy if this can be controlled with exercise. It's another good excuse to get up on that bike because I don't like that creepy feeling either.
Thanks!
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 17:22

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Signey--yes, it started the same way for me--about a year ago. We were going through some extreme trials in our lives, and I really thought I was clinically depressed. Could have been true--I don't know. As it turns out--menopausal symptoms started happening at that same time. They could be connected, but I will never be sure, I guess. Anyway, I started walking and lifting weights, because I knew it would help with the depression. Found out sort of accidentally that it controls the flashes/sweats for me too. I'd so much rather have a natural cure. I really don't want to be on HRT... If I miss my workouts for more than about 4-5 days, it all comes back with a vengeance! I'm about a year older than you--and started having the first occasional symptoms about a year ago.. Exercise will be our best friend in the next few years, I think.. So glad that you are feeling better today. Good job!!!!
Dee--Glad that you are "well adjusted" now, and feeling better today! Don't worry about the blob thing--I bet you just went out and "got um" today..
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 18:43

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%

4 days with no sugar or wheat. i'm on a roll

i weighed a little more today. i ate late yesterday and today so this will affect my weight.

hi every one. my vacation is 4 days away.....not scared for cad....
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 22:31
"Slaying My Demons"

Tess Thank you again for this information. I did not like the idea of antidepressants. I take enough meds. for my heart. It's good to get some feedback from someone who is going through the same thing. I do feel better today. Much happier. I 'll keep you posted.
LowCo YOU ROCK! 4 days! 4 days! 4 days!
KittenLady I want to be a blob too! Where do I sign up?
Hugs to All!
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 14:29

Hi Everyone,
Tues, I walked for 30 minutes, so I made up for Monday in no time flat! We did a lot of walking/hiking on our vacation, and it felt good. Now I need to keep it up!
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 14:43

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Everyone is doing so great! Don't think I could do four days without sugar! I"m very impressed. Luckily, that's not my challenge.

All the exercise going on too.....I'm keeping up that part of my challenge as well. Went to Curves this morning and did my thing. Feels great!

Deb
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 21:46
"Slaying My Demons"

I rode my bike today for 45 min. 6.5 miles.
I still haven't gotten to the computer work I need to do to finish the Mexico part of "Walk Around the World". Need to get on that.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 11:01

Does running to the bathroom count as exercise? I came down with an intestinal "bug", and spent the evening in and out of the bathroom until 3 AM.
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 11:05

Stats: 176/142.2/130 Female 5' 4"
BF:41%/33%/??
Progress: 73%

I would like to join the challenge, even though September is half over (I have been lurking). Since I already exercise my goal is to be "cheat free" for the rest of the month. Since I lost my Mum in July I have been goofing around, an extra coffee with cream here, a carby snack there, and my lack of weight loss shows it. I will need a lot of encouragement though. Please help me!