Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 00:16

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Before trying this PP again, I was pretty much just eating whole foods and avoid triggers such as sugar... But, I started to slowly add sugar on a regular basis on the weekend outside of my CAD meal and it got out of control to the point of 10 pounds. So I am now trying to lose that via PP and all this protein is getting to me on day 9. However, I want to lose this other 50 pounds but I found in the past that CAD on a regular basis was a disaster because I used it as an excuse to add sweets.... Perhaps once I get past the low carb flu it will be better on PP...particularly with a slightly higher levels of carbs...

As stated, CAD is terrific for holidays, weekends, and occasional treats...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 08:26
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkil
Since you don't have a journal.....*hint, hint* I'll post here

It's going pretty good except that a) I'm not losing as fast in the beginning as I did on Atkins and b) I'm having a little trouble controlling the carb cravings altho I've held out but they're stronger than when I was at this point with Atkins. I think it's having non-LC things for dinner, no matter if it's allowed or not, no matter that it's within the hour. The non-LC foods seem to be a trigger so.... I'm going to focus on having a smaller portion of the higher carb food than 1/3 and see how that goes. I don't have sugary stuff - I've been having either pototoes or rice or pasta and last night I had garlic bread for my carby food.

I have to point out that I'd been off plan (Atkins) for about 2 weeks before I started CAD, so I didn't go directly from Atkins one day to CAD the very next.

Are you drinking any diet soda's or using any AS outside of RM? That causes a problem for a lot of people at RM time.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 16:47

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have davinci sf syrup in my morning coffee (sweetened with splenda, about 1 tablespoon) and then that's it -- no gum, nothing to drink other than water, no mints/candies -- nothin'

Maybe I just need to give it some more time and wait for the carb craving to go down on it's own (as a hold over from being off Atkins for a bit and then jumping into CAD/CALP). I just seem to remember the cravings being down after about 4-5 days and this time they were still there. I'm blushing now because I can't truly say that I gave it a fair shot

Okay - I'm going to give CAD/CALP more time before I toss it over....
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 19:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/148/135 Female 5 ft. 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hang in there nikkil! We're in this together! We have a similar history so we can share our frustrations and victories! I had a diet coke with lime with dinner tonight, and that was my first one in 3 days! I did have a protein shake for breakfast (DS missed the bus and I needed something quick). Hopefully I won't gain. I figure if you're allowed some cream and AS in your coffee once a day outside your RM, then I can have a scoop of whey powder with some cream and AS once a day INSTEAD of that coffee, plus it's a meal. That's what I'm trying anyway!
I hope your cravings get better soon!

HANG IN THERE!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 10:18

Plan: Shangri-La Diet
Stats: 316/217.5/154 Female 67"
BF:60/36/24
Progress: 61%

A quote from the Heller's

"While the CAD book permitted summer squash and zucchini to be included in low-carbo meals, later research revealed that for many CA's these foods can lead to cravings and interfere with weight loss. For this reason, later books took these vegetables off the low-carbo list. If you have been following CAD and enjoying zucchini and summer squash at your low-carbo meals without these problems all along, then it is probably okay to continue. All others should save this recipe for their Reward Meal(R). "