Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 21:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/159/135
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Ready to Switch. What can I expect?

DH and I are about ready to take the plunge and switch from Atkins to CALP.

What can we expect to happen? Will we gain? What will our average weekly loss be?

I lost during the induction phase of Atkins. DH has lost about 5 more pounds since induction. He is really missing some of the higher carb goodies he has been living without.

I am so afraid that I will gain all I have lost back. Tell me this won't happen!

Looking forward to joining the CALPers. Hoping the group can help me out with my questions.

Marsha and Tim
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 10:06

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 175/164/135
BF:
Progress: 28%

I am pretty new to CAD but came from Atkins because of a MAJOR stall in the 165 range.

The first few days you will feel bloated, a bit fuzzy minded and a lot of guilt along with maybe a 1-2lb gain. Oh and your stomach may have some problems for a few days - mine did.
after about 2-3 days on it you will start losing again, I dont think as quickly as Atkins-BUT since I was in a stall on atkins and now losing slowly on CAD - thats fine for me.

My mind is now sharp again, my stomach has settled and I am losing..... oh and I get to eat a bit of the "forbidden fruits"
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 10:35

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default CALP

I have been following CALP since day one. I never had any bloating, any hunger, any problems at all actually. I think everyone is a little different.

Remember to follow CALP closely. Eat your Reward Meal within an hour. I always save the "goodies" for last and most of the time I end up not wanting them anyway.

I lost a lot of weight in the first three weeks of CALP and have been loosing about 1 to 2 pounds a weeks since then.

I like doing the weekly weight averages like the Hellers suggest, and I also keep a journal. Write down everything, from how you feel, to what time you eat....and when you have cravings. Then you can look back and see what you ate before your cravings reared their ugly head.

best wishes,
Libby
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 11:05

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 175/164/135
BF:
Progress: 28%

Libby,
There is a big differance from having it your FIRST plan and going on it from Atkins - On Atkins you really clean your body of sugar and all bad carbs - if you even cheat on Atkins one usually has some sort of tummy ache because on Atkins your body just doesnt know how to handle any type of Beans or major carbs.

I did Cad along time ago and had no problems - but once you do Atkins your body has an adjusting issue -

Anyone else out there that came from Atkins??