Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 20:50

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 110/107/105 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%
Question Liquid Splenda and Aspartame questions

hi all,
i recently found a product in my supermarket called superose liquid sweetener. it contains no carbs/calories or anything that looks like it could be a hidden carb. i was wondering if maybe this is an offbrand of liquid splenda. i've never had liquid splenda so i don't know it's ingredients. the ingredients for superose liquid sweetener are:
water, sodium saccharin N.F. 2.5%, Benzoic Acid and Methyl Paraben as Preservatives

anyone with a liquid splenda label can compare and let us know what you find out . if it's the same stuff we can try to get it for all the liquid splenda fans.

i also wondered, does anyone know if there is a way to purchase pure aspartame without the fillers?

girl
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 00:56
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi girl!

A good find, but it is sadly not liquid Splenda.

Splenda is made from sucralose, which is different from saccharin.

Up in Low Carb Tips at the top of the page is an article on Sweeteners that will explain the different types and their uses.

This is a website on saccharin: saccharin.org

Atkins frowns upon aspartame and some people avoid it like the plague. There are other good liquid sweeteners to be found, like the one you just discovered.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 03:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

I've never heard of a liquid aspartame (water would be the "filler" so that's carb free) but I do believe there are little Equal tablets, with an absolute minimum of filler. Keep an eye out for the little blue (like those tiny mints) Equal box, if you really want very low-carb aspartame sweetener.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 20:26

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 110/107/105 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%

bummer about that not being liquid splenda but thank you both for replying

girl
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 03:43
Registered Member

Plan: Dr.Atkins
Stats: 167.5/158/120
BF:
Progress: 20%

i've also found the same liquid sweetener, and it works... i guess pretty well (?), has anybody else tried it? thanx-
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 07:57

Plan: n/a
Stats: 170/165/125 Female 5'5''
BF:
Progress:
Default Re: super rose sweetner

I saw where you posted about the sweetner called super rose. I have been looking for that for some time as my mother uses it all the time. They do not sell it around here at all. Could you please email me as to how much it cost a bottle and how big the bottle is and where you are from as in what state. If they are not very expensive, I would love to buy some of them. I will make it worth your trouble. My email address is ********** please let me know something as soon as you can.

SapphireB
Debbie

Last edited by doreen T : Sun, Aug-23-09 at 09:10. Reason: to remove email address, per forum rules
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 09:27
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi Debbie,

Alas, this is a very old thread, from 2002. Not sure if the members are still active here or not.

I was able to find Liquid Superose sweetener quite easily with a Google search . It's available from amazon.com ... http://www.amazon.com/Superose-Liqu...s/dp/B000H25RYA.

If you prefer to buy it locally, you might try a pharmacy that has a special diabetic section. Most stores tend to stock powdered sweeteners and the individual packets with sugar and other baking supplies. Tablets and liquids are less popular, so they're often "hidden" in the pharmacy section, with other diabetic or dietetic supplies.

Good luck.

Doreen