Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-04, 07:49

Plan: considering SPP
Stats: 145//130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 36%
Question Advice for a CADer with a cold?

What do you eat and drink when you have a cold? I'm used to soup and juices and water throughout the day. Any alternatives? It's really miserable and I want to stay on track. Any advice?
I kinda get sick of chugging water all day long.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-04, 08:43

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Boy that is a tough one. Usually when you don't feel well, it is hard to stick to any plan, but it is probably best that you do. You could make yourself some soup from chicken stock and throw in some legal veggies and some chicken, or you could even use chicken stock and bring it to a boil and throw in an egg that you have whip up to make egg drop soup. Just make sure you stay away from adding any pasta, potatoes or carrots, or basically any other veggies that is not CM legal.

As for the fluids, unless you are running a fever it is probably best to stick with water, but if you have a fever, then you could always try some diet 7-Up or something like that, but stay away from all juices. When you are running a fever it is so important to make sure you drink enough fluids.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. There really isn't much option when you are sick. Hopefully this is just a cold and not the dreaded flu.

I wish I could have been more help. Get better soon.

#3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-04, 09:36
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I'd also say sipping on some nice hot tea would be good.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-03-04, 11:40
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I know how you feel! I got a bad cold last year, and all I wanted was toast! I did tea, water, and cold celery.I couldn't face any protein. My RM was eggs and toast- forget salad! I really missed my toast and tea, but I felt better pretty quickly and was still on plan.
Hope you feel better soon!
Eno
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-03-04, 12:34

Plan: considering SPP
Stats: 145//130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 36%

Thanks for the help, all.
I'm still under the weather. I've been having my water with a squeeze of lemon (I doubt that's off plan). I've been having tea as well. Still miserable. I'm still on track otherwise. I just hope to be much better for work tomorrow. I know I got it from one of the kids at school. If I'm worse, I'll stay in.