Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-16, 07:15

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojoj
You really have to embrace this way of eating and see it as normal. The one thing I have found in maintenance is that there is nothing to strive for - no more weight loss, no smaller clothes or radical changes - its just all normal - I actually miss the thrill of trying on smaller clothes lol

Jo xxx

Not having a good handle on this was what led to my initial re-gain. I lost my direction. I am planning to quit weighing frequently when I get one or two sizes above my goal. I need to learn how to be normal even before I get there.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-16, 07:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I'm still here too. I need this for accountability, support and - very important for me- BELONGING to a community of people who understand/inspire/support/educate.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-16, 18:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

For me, the times I gained back weight I had stopped weighing myself. Like an ostrich I stuck my head in the sand!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-16, 04:01

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

I never quite made goal. I wanted to be a size 12 at around 63kg but being below 70 and a size 14 is way better than being fat. I was 68.9 this morning, which is better than 69.8, where I was stuck for a while. I even crossed the dreaded 70kg line but moving house was such hard work that I came back from the brink. It's great to have such an accurate scale. I can't persuade myself it's wrong any more.
Now the summer is coming, I'd love to lose a little more.
I guess I need to lose the wine and the chocolate, although I did manage to have them in small quantities during my initial losing phase. I can't quite work out what I'm really doing differently now. One thing is that I used to bring my own food to work and although the cafeteria where I eat now serves healthy food I wonder if I'm not eating too much starchy veg (like parnsips). Sounds silly but I eat large portions of veg with my meat or fish and I guess that can be quite a few carbs.
Anyway, the bottom line is, I'm not quitting. I'm going to keep on trucking. If I ever need to buy larger clothes I'll stay home till I can get back into the ones I have! LoL.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-16, 07:17
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
I'm still here too. I need this for accountability, support and - very important for me- BELONGING to a community of people who understand/inspire/support/educate.
Hi. I'm a maintainer by default, as I can't seem to lose no matter what I do.

Recently I've been concentrating on raising my body temperature, which is always low from so many years of weight-loss wars. I'm interested in CAD as a method for doing this. Currently I'm eating LCHF+IF+throwing in a refeed day maybe once every 4 days. I think it takes a long time to un-do the metabolic damage I've done. Maybe once a day (after eating) my body temp rises as high as 97 F.

Anyway, I'm here, too.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-16, 20:21

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi, there! I am less than 5 pounds to goal now. Hope to be join you all as a maintainer soon.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-16, 09:42

Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Congrats Renee!!!
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-16, 09:44
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 1 of maintenance is was a success. Weight: 209 yesterday and it was 209 today.

Rinse and repeat.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-16, 15:54

Plan: Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 156/120/125 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 116%

In tracking my daily variations, I find that I average a 3-4 lb. spread (119-123lbs.) on any given day. I find that kind of info invaluable for maintenance - if I were to start consistently going over (or under) those weights I figure I would need to change something ...
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-16, 15:55

Plan: Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 156/120/125 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Day 1 of maintenance is was a success. Weight: 209 yesterday and it was 209 today.

Rinse and repeat.

Welcome to the rinse and re ... I mean Maintenance Club!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-16, 16:15

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I am a new maintainer ...going on 3 months...it's going good. I am very carb sensitive so I am VLC, even in maintenance. I feel really good and now can't imagine eating any other way. This is it for life. There's no going back to the way I used to eat or the low calorie/low fat yo-yo dieting. Low carb eating was made for me & I am sticking with it as a way of life.
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-16, 20:33

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

I reached my 2 year anniversary 04.04.16.....I am actually lower than goal. I am sz 02 most of the time ....some sz 0....
We have 2 seasons here ...summer and NOT summer...when I switched out my clothes..last NOT summer, I found some were too big....in my current summer clothes..I fit all my clothes....

I am going through a health concern.....my doctor is totally pleased with my lifestyle scores are amazing...bp...cholesterol...weight.....every other value!!!!

He has been so sweet to say...my lifestyle isn't the problem..Ive even conquered some genetics...heart disease...
lung cancer...hbp....type2 Diabetes.....
there are things beyond lifestyle...
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-16, 14:43

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Deborah, that is fantastic! If you can maintain that well for two years, you can maintain forever.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, May-12-16, 22:20

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

I continue L/C....my weight and fitness level is beyond my age
  #30   ^
Old Fri, May-13-16, 00:38

Plan: MyOwn:CHO<90g/d
Stats: 207/149/150 Male 169 cm
BF:40%/17%/18%
Progress: 102%

Weight loss for me is so slow now that I guess I must be in maintenance.
I can't quite believe how far I have come in 12 months and am slightly apprehensive that the wight loss will reverse.
So I keep weighing and tracking daily as a means to stay on top of things but all the tracking/data recording, though interesting, is also hard work (some people might think obsessive).
I really would like to stop but I get the impression from reading this forum that doing so greatly increases the chances of gaining weight again.