Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-01, 10:49

Plan: Dr St. Amand/Atkins
Stats: 121/145/121
BF:
Progress:
Angry Introduction

Hello! I just found you last night...I'm forty-one, and follow this woe because I have reactive hypoglycemia along with severe fibromyalgia, AND newly discovered hypothyroidism. I MAY also have Wilson's Syndrome, due to a continual low body-temp.

At this point I'm very sad. Also very tired of this woe...I don't have the energy to whip up some new recipes. Would someone be willing to daily review what I'm eating, sort of a mentor/buddy relationship? I need some encouragement and some accountability.

I've been blessed with eight beautiful children whom I am wild about, along with a hubby that I'm still gaga over, even after sixteen years. I homeschool the children, so maybe I'd better do a semester in "Lo-carb Cooking"!!!!!

I'm usually very high-energy, optimistic, idealistic, and not so boastful!! I'm just so tired of all the pain.

Love, Your new friend,
Julie Anne
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-01, 11:08
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: Introduction

Welcome aboard Julie,

Quote:
Originally posted by Julie Anne
Would someone be willing to daily review what I'm eating, sort of a mentor/buddy relationship? I need some encouragement and some accountability.

Check out the "My Journal/Bootcamp" forum, this is exactly what we do over there. You'll get lots of support on your daily progress.

Regarding tiredness, are you taking vitamins and supplements? I'm not sure if your profile is correct, you have been on a modified Atkins plan for a year, and lost or gained? The start weight is for the day when when you started the plan. Let us know some details, and you'll get some good advice.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-01, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome julie anne! i'm glad that you found us! what lowcarb plan are you following? if you're in the early stages of carb withdrawal, the tiredness and lethargy are normal. some people also suffer nausea and headaches too! why don't you join our journal/bootcamp forum. it's very helpful. post your daily menus, exercise, thoughts. it's your journal to do with as you wish! people can also comment on your posts, as well! it's a great place to start!
8 kids, wow, i though having 5 was a lot. and you're home schooling them as well! give your self permission to be tired occasionally! we're not superwoman!! anyway, we're here for you! vent away if you want! we're a very supportive bunch here!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-01, 11:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

wa'il, great minds think alike! i must have been posting when you were!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-01, 11:13
Forum Founder

Wow, another dejavu!

Wa'il
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 13:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 313/271/200
BF:
Progress: 37%
Smile Hi Julie Anne!!

Hello and welcome to a great place to find support and get encouragment! I too was very sick and sad when I started this WOEing. I found this site and have been here everyday to journal(very helpful), catch up and look around. I too homeschool my daughter(only 1 9years old) but I too get tired from thyroid problems. I was very tired and just burnt out when I was diagnosed but I have regained alot of energy with this woeing and a feel a lot better. I would love to exchange emails with you if you think that would help...send a private message if you think it would. Read some of the journals...they are great and keep coming back and post your feelings...it truly does help. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks for me and hubby on this woeing and we are truly in a much better place. I hope you are having a wonderful Low carb day...let me know if I can help.... Keep smiling Nancy
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 00:22

Plan: Dr St. Amand/Atkins
Stats: 121/145/121
BF:
Progress:

Hi Nancy!
Thanks for your letter. You mentioned "journaling" - could you explain where you do this? I guess I need to look around this site, as I don't understand it!

Thanks!
Julie Anne
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 00:29
Forum Founder

Hi Julie,

These journals are in the Journal/Bootcamp sub-section of this forum (sub-forum). Check it out here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdis...p?s=&forumid=36

Wa'il
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 07:48
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Smile ji Julie Anne

Welcome to our forum.

I'm right with ya on the Fibro., hypothyroid, hypoglycemic, etc, etc, etc .... Getting adequate treatment for the low thyroid has been a great help for me ... as I'm sure you know, a lot of doctors will not treat if your TSH is within the "normal" range, even though you are symptomatic.

Following a lowcarb program, with adequate protein and calories is therapeutic for FMS and ME (chronic fatigue). Check out some articles I've posted in the Fibromyalgia forum.

Have fun exploring and learning more about our website. Besides just this message forum and the wealth of information here, there's more to discover by clicking on any of the categories on the red menu bar at the top.

Take care, I look forward to reading more posts from you ..

Doreen