Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 20:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/170 Male 176
BF:
Progress:
Default Why is this Forum so Quiet ?

Not many posts

Shame really
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 20:46
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

Really? I always find that people reply quickly to questions asked. I have never been a part of a forum and I think this one is great! Good luck
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 23:14

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

Maybe everybody is too busy exercising.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 11:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/180/165
BF:
Progress: 25%

The phrase, "high intensity" may be too intimidating for some. It's a very special sub-set of people trying to lose weight while maintaining athleticism. I think most here focus on losing weight with the idea of getting in better shape once they look better in workout clothes. Also it is MUCH more difficult to stay lowcarb while training. I don't always manage it.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 12:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 238/182/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

im desperate to start being able to run but my knees arent brilliant and ache a bit even after 5 minutes on a treadmill , i just bought the lateral thigh trainer i saw advertised on tv as it looked decent, i can only manage 10 minutes on that before my legs want to give up, im hoping thats a sign that its doing some good, i dont have any knee pain after but boy can i feel the pull in my thighs and bum, will doing this strengthen my muscles so i can run more,
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 12:33
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

I think its quite a busy little forum, maybe just the wrong time of year but it will be getting busier after all Jan is always the start of the new diet!! (as are Mondays!! lol)
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 13:33
Registered Member

Stats: 185/180/165
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorps
im desperate to start being able to run but my knees arent brilliant and ache a bit even after 5 minutes on a treadmill , i just bought the lateral thigh trainer i saw advertised on tv as it looked decent, i can only manage 10 minutes on that before my legs want to give up, im hoping thats a sign that its doing some good, i dont have any knee pain after but boy can i feel the pull in my thighs and bum, will doing this strengthen my muscles so i can run more,

A bit of muscle soreness is necessary for them to get stronger. So it sounds like the trainer is doing something positive. 'Aching a bit' if you haven't run in a long time would be normal. Sometimes knee pain is due to worn-out shoes. If you pronate severely, that can cause knee pain but it can often be helped with orthotics. If body weight is causing knee pain you might need something other than running to get your heart rate elevated. With an aquajogger and access to a pool you can run while floating in the water. I did that when injured and was surprised at how good a workout the water-running allowed.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 09:31
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaypeeoh
Sometimes knee pain is due to worn-out shoes. If you pronate severely, that can cause knee pain but it can often be helped with orthotics.
I'll second that! I have terrible knees, and found the thought of running painful.... but I've worked my way up to running almost 2 miles every other day. Good shoes are key. It took me some time to find the right pair of running shoes but it is worth the cost. Start with five minutes on the treadmill, then six, then ten. It takes time.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 11:21
Registered Member

Stats: 251/242/180 Male 6'0
BF:
Progress: 13%

I blew out my knee swimming in college(which led to my weight gain) and Ive found that even though I thought my knee couldnt take the abuse of running, i underestimated myself. If you build up the speed and increments slowly and if you do some of your work on a treadmill(which has more support) than concrete, youll be amazed at how quick your quads will get strong and when your quads are strong your knee pain should go away pretty quick.