Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 09:58
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 153/141.5/135
BF:22
Progress: 64%
Talking Hi all - stickin' to it

Hi all -- I'm new here and very happy to have found this site. I started Sugar Busters 8 weeks ago and I'm down 13 pounds. The best part is my cholesterol is down 26 points and my headaches are gone. I tested the system and had an ice cream cone on Wednesday and awoke in the middle of the night with a killer headache. Won't be doing that again. I'm a lifetime Weight Watchers member, but I can't stick to their diet. This is working for me because I'm not counting and weighing and don't feel like some deprived weirdo when eating out. Went to visit relatives last month -- they know I'm on SB -- and they watched everything I ate and made great fun of me. I might also mention they need to lose weight. I had the last laugh. I'm 5'7" and 140 and would only like to drop another 5 -- but that's the hardest 5 to lose it seems. I'm looking forward to reading your posts. Diane
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 10:29

Stats: 300/294/150
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi Diane!! I am new here, too! But i have a LOT more weight to go! Congratulations on doing so well!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 11:03

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Welcome!!!!!

Hello Diane!

and big congrats on the 13 pounds lost! Good work!

Aren't the side effects of adding back a little sugar just amazing? That carb hangover just isn't worth it.

I keep a container of Breyers No Sugar Added French Vanilla Ice Cream in the freezer to have for an occasional treat. A scoop of that usually does it for me.

molly
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 11:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236.5/210/165
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Hi Diane

Great going, staying on plan while vacationing at someone else house! That has to be the toughest diet buster I think of! Way to go!

Nice to have you with us!

Ehren
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 16:01
Registered Member

Stats: 153/141.5/135
BF:22
Progress: 64%
Thumbs up Mollys squared

Molly is such a pretty name. Great that there's two of you.

It's very scary to think about the garbage I used to eat. I'm 55 and thinking about old age and what effect the junk food has had on my body up to now. When I walk through the stores, I just shake my head at all the bad food that's sold there. We were looking for a snack during a gas stop on vacation and all we could find was string cheese and peanuts. Now I travel with a bag of almonds and pecans in the car for emergencies, with a few protein bars (gag).

Thanks for the Breyers suggestion. Breyers happens to be my favorite because it doesn't have the unpronounceable ingredients in it.

This is fun. I'm glad I joined. Thanks for posting. Diane
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 16:17

Stats: 300/294/150
BF:
Progress: 4%

>Molly is such a pretty name. Great that there's two of you.

>It's very scary to think about the garbage I used to eat.

Thank you. I have actually enjoyed having my name!! LOL! I KWYM about the stuff we put in our bodies. And I never really thought that sugar was a poison, but in a way it is . . . I have a very active impulsive 5 yo boy. and I have started to limit him (and the other kiddos) on their sugar intake. He has really settled down! Most of the impulsiveness is gone but he is still bright eyed and inquisitive and plays hard. The wildness is gone. Anyway, it's great to have you here!!