Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 14:00
Registered Member

Plan: Keto + IF
Stats: 260/300/165 Male 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: -42%

I'm thinking of joining the site to see how useful the recipes and meal plans are.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 06:05

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Billy, if you like to cook and experiment with food, DD will give you lots of choices. I've found that having a dependable go-to source for recipes makes life simpler. So...try DD. It's easy to join. Easy to stop if you don't enjoy it.

Not to send this thread too far off track, I like simple and easy when it comes to dishing up dinner. Lots of salads and grilled meats. However, I've been known to put two or three ingredients in a browser and hit enter just to see what recipes come up using those ingredients. A starting place!
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 06:07

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Has this been said already?

"Low-carbohydrate eating is too restrictive to be a long-term lifestyle."

On what planet?? Check those recipes at Diet Doctor. Or on this site for that matter. Lots of excellent experienced cooks hang out here, ready to serve it up.
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 07:15
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

I rarely complicate my food, but recently made the Keto Naan Bread from dietdoctor. Not only is it tasty, but it cured my Dear Dog Frodo of his bad stomach, which he's had since birth. I say "cured" because he usually reverts after a time. Still, for now all is well.

Support Diet Doctor. The cost is low and the aggregated information could possibly get LCHF eating accepted in the mainstream. I've been waiting for this since 1972.
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 08:38

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

DD is fantastic for many reasons as already stated, and the recipes and plans are creative, varied, and easy. I like easy . . . .

Quote:
"Low-carbohydrate eating is too restrictive to be a long-term lifestyle."

I believe this is the one of the two most incorrect arguments about LC and the other is "LC can't be sustained."

We have a "few" people on this forum who put these two arguments to rest permanently.

Last edited by GRB5111 : Sat, Jun-23-18 at 08:43.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-18, 04:40

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

One point on navigating DietDctor obvious to probably everyone else but me... after the most recent site redesign the top tabs have right facing carats between them. Only when I could not find Health Guides, was it explained to my old non graphical brain, that if you tap those > A sub-menu opens, and so on, as topics are stacked. So now to find Health Guides, tap first > after Low Carb, tap Health, tap the condition. I still think health guides should have its own main heading and not be a sub-menu under LowCarb, but to keep that sleek IKEA graphics design look, the topic you want may now be down a few menus.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 08:05

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

https://www.dietdoctor.com/authors/dr-andreas-eenfeldt

No surprise to those of us who also use this site.

Quote:
Diet Doctor keeps breaking records!
Together we’re about to empower more and more people. The Diet Doctor site keeps growing rapidly and breaking records. A major Google update ten days ago saw our traffic surge even more, as we hit #1 worldwide on more of the top keto and low-carb keywords.

We now regularly see over 300,000 visits per day, with the daily record so far being over 326,000 (update: in fact we had yet another record yesterday at 333,000). The graph above shows the growth of our daily visitor numbers from the launch of DietDoctor.com seven years ago. And those numbers are just for this English site, our Spanish and Swedish Diet Doctor sites are also growing rapidly. This makes Diet Doctor by far the largest low-carb or keto website in the world.

A huge thank you to all our readers and members for your support. Clearly none of this would be possible without you. Your support allows us to fund a team of about 40 people while staying completely free of ads, products or industry money.

These are exciting times and we’re looking forward to what the future holds. One thing is certain. We’ll always keep working on our purpose: Empowering people everywhere to revolutionize their health. And our main focus is still to make low carb and keto simple.

#38   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 10:26
Registered Member

Plan: Keto + IF
Stats: 260/300/165 Male 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: -42%

It seems to be really catching on.