Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 13:47
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%
Default Maintaining: First Time Ever

There was a very good reason for starting Atkins in 1972. I had a contract at the Nuremberg Opera House for the coming October. I was to sing the role of Maria in the German Premiere of West Side Story in the German language. It was now April and I was a new mother carrying 30 extra pounds.

Atkins, Stillman and lots of water combined with 8 hour dance rehearsal got me to my goal.

Great story, right? True story. But with weight loss, the story doesn't end there.

It is now 46 years later and I've tried every diet on the planet, hoping every time that when I got to my goal weight, I would be able to eat like everybody else.

That just doesn't happen.

Today I'm declaring here on Milestones. I've already declared in my journal, but this makes it legal. This carries more weight.

I'm back to my October 1972 weight. I've recovered my health, which before included everything that comes before an official diagnosis of T2D. No need for the details, as we all know them. My waist measurement is down to 29" and my weight fluctuates between 134-136 lbs. I have my body back.

My goal is to continue to eat OP, which is LCHF + IF. For the past three years I've walked 2-4 miles every morning before dawn, so my legs are pretty strong. My next goal is a hard one for my age and sex: I want to be able to run on the treadmill.

I found the answer my body needs to be healthy and mobile. While I take some of the credit, much credit is due to this Forum and the wonderful, caring people who fight alongside me every day to reach their goals.

Thank you, my friends.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 14:53

Plan: Modified South Beach
Stats: 207.5/158.7/157.5 Female 5.5 &3/4
BF:
Progress: 98%

Congratulations....what a milestone! Your determination and commitment paid off; you must be very proud.
My best wishes and sincere admiration to you as you go forward maintaining your weight and running on that treadmill!
Maeve
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 18:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Here! Here! Patience and learning for ourselves what works, some of us are slow learners . Congrats, enjoy your success and knowing that your new challenges and goals are achievable, slow and steady....
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 19:46

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Thank you for sharing this bluesinger. You add a lot of pep and energy to this forum. You help a lot of people.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 19:57
Doing My Best

Now, you've all made me cry. Not a bad thing, though. Thank you for your kind words.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 22:45

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Congratulations! People like you are an inspiration to me. I want to be like you! I don't want to be one of the ones who gives up or backslides. Thanks for sharing, I read your posts often.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 05:52

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

That is a great story and an inspiring declaration. Know that you will keep it and go on to run.
Thank you for being on this forum and sharing all your hard earned wisdom.
We your posts
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 05:55

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%

Thanks for sharing! You go!! Next step is at running pace!! Yeah!!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 16:28

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hey, you go girl....I wish I could be there with you on the treadmill, I have not one single doubt that you will indeed do this...so proud of you, you have kept me going...love ya, ttyl
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 17:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

How wonderful! Congratulations, and thank you for the inspiration.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 17:43
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome post, Bluesinger. Congratulations. I got close to what I consider my ideal weight last year and decided to call it good. I entered maintenance. Even though I stayed LC, it hasn't been smooth sailing. Weight creep set in and I'm back in weight loss mode. Apparently, I still have more to learn about myself and this WOE. Thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your journey with all of us here on this forum. I hope to follow in your footsteps and one day make maintenance stick.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 17:56
Doing My Best

Keeping the weight off is the fight of our lives, not losing it. I used to joke that I'd lost the equivalent of at least 150 people in my life. I'm the Queen of YoYo. That's why I titled this "First Time Ever."

Next year you can come back here and offer congratulations, because this is just the beginning.

I won't be getting on a carb ladder. I'm an Abstainer. I know myself. I can't hope to eat any differently and keep the weight off because I've been at this weight since the end of August and it hasn't wavered by more than a few oz.

JustJo is my example and my LC sHero. Look at her gallery. Read her journal. She's amazing!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 07:11
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

First lemme say:

MEGA HUGE CONGRATS on your SUCCESS!

Imma over hear cheering you onward in your maintenance journey! You've GOT THIS!!

Wow so much you say here could've been written by me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
Keeping the weight off is the fight of our lives, not losing it. I used to joke that I'd lost the equivalent of at least 150 people in my life. I'm the Queen of YoYo. That's why I titled this "First Time Ever."
Quote:
I won't be getting on a carb ladder. I'm an Abstainer. I know myself. I can't hope to eat any differently and keep the weight off because I've been at this weight since the end of August and it hasn't wavered by more than a few oz.

And totally don't know what to say about this:
Quote:
JustJo is my example and my LC sHero. Look at her gallery. Read her journal. She's amazing!

Hell NOW I really have to keep keepin' on b/c I can't fail either of us!

Thank you for your kindness, continued support, encouragement and friendship...you're the BEST!

#14   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-17, 17:54

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Glenda, just found my way here. Congrats of course for your commitment. I just want everyone to know what a generous, kind, an creative human being you are. I really hope to meet you in person one of these days!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-17, 18:19
Doing My Best

Barbara, just want you to know that I'm looking forward to seeing you F2F.

I participate in a forum for more mature people and they hold events to get together. I haven't attended one here, but one of the ladies from Reno was in town this week and I got to sit and talk with her for a couple of hours. Now I know it can happen, so we'll do it.

Thanks for dropping in.